Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Attachments

• SX2BUDTGLJMOPCGMZRFPB2UJEI.jpg
    SX2BUDTGLJMOPCGMZRFPB2UJEI.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: buffa dud

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Holy crap. Defying expectations and making the playoffs last year might've been the worse thing for the Hawks and Carroll. It apparently gave their ownership a skewed view of reality. He literally took a team that was expected to start rebuilding to the playoffs. Even put together another winning season this year. That team needs a QB and more help in the front 7.. Among other things. I don't get that decision at all.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Holy crap. Defying expectations and making the playoffs last year might've been the worse thing for the Hawks and Carroll. It apparently gave their ownership a skewed view of reality. He literally took a team that was expected to start rebuilding to the playoffs. Even put together another winning season this year. That team needs a QB and more help in the front 7.. Among other things. I don't get that decision at all.
Same could be said for Vrabel too. That Titans team didn't have a lot of talent but the pl. ayers played hard for him.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think they knew what they are and I don't think Carroll wants to coach a rookie QB. Sonny be to advisor and let someone else do it.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Looking worse and worse for the weather forcast on Sunday. Now 25 MPH winds, much highers gusts. 23 degrees plus snow? All this does is tighten the spread and give opponents a chance, nullifying Allen's arm strength. It can help when it's 15-25 mph and it curshes Rudolph or other noodle arms. But when it's 25+ and crazy wind games, this is not a benefit to the Bills.

Heck half the league is from the SEC, grew up in Florida, Bama, Cali, etc.

Gonna regret not putting a roof on the new build.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Looking worse and worse for the weather forcast on Sunday. Now 25 MPH winds, much highers gusts. 23 degrees plus snow? All this does is tighten the spread and give opponents a chance, nullifying Allen's arm strength. It can help when it's 15-25 mph and it curshes Rudolph or other noodle arms. But when it's 25+ and crazy wind games, this is not a benefit to the Bills.

Heck half the league is from the SEC, grew up in Florida, Bama, Cali, etc.

Gonna regret not putting a roof on the new build.
We saw Allen throw the ball in 55 mph winds against NE a few years ago (yes, we lost, but they were very close on some big plays), I don’t think it favors Pitt. It makes them even more 1 dimensional while the bills can still do some other things.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

The Giants will be turning the front office over in 2-4 years, Saquon will be gone, and the new regime will be looking at which QB to draft first overall. Book it.
Maybe Daboll will take the Bama job ? He must see without a QB that's a dead end job. Although Lane Kiffin seems to be the early favorite for his recruiting ability at Ole Miss

**Just In: Belicheat is done!**
Vrabel to NE next ? McDaniels or Mayo
I don't really see a landing spot for Belicheat tbh

Last edited:

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Maybe Daboll will take the Bama job ? Although Lane Kiffin seems to be the early favorite for his recruiting ability at Ole Miss

I don't really see a landing spot for Bel tbh
The Pats would a top job for a coach. Especially with the 3rd overall pick. Imagine them trading up to first and getting Caleb Williams.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I maintain, if you have $25M you don't invest it in Geno Smith. You thank him for his service, and you either move on to the next bargain bin reclamation project or you draft someone.
I would much rather give Geno 3 years and $75M than the deal the Giants gave Daniel Jones.

Plus, that deal for Geno is pretty much a bargain bin reclamation deal in today's NFL.

He's 18th in AAV and finished 15th in QB Stew.

Reactions: HOOats

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Maybe Daboll will take the Bama job ? He must see without a QB that's a dead end job. Although Lane Kiffin seems to be the early favorite for his recruiting ability at Ole Miss

I don't really see a landing spot for Belicheat tbh
I could see Arthur Blank bringing him to ATL for more buzz, they actually have a pretty solid team, just need to get that QB.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
The Pats would a top job for a coach. Especially with the 3rd overall pick. Imagine them trading up to first and getting Caleb Williams.
Yes and no. I think new coach would be under a ton of pressure. Those fans are spoiled and also have high expectations even at the worst of times. Plus they are following a legend.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Pats job is only attractive if they can maintain the organizational foundations and, ahem, "advantages" that have driven their success under BB. Which means someone steeped in the Patriot Way, so Vrabel. I'd be shocked if it isn't him. Otherwise, while a top QB pick is nice (not sure they'll get Maye or Williams without trading up), their roster has been pretty well hollowed out.

It was nice having them dead in the water in division during this run. Vrabel and a hotshot QB could make some noise eventually. If I were them I might draft Marvin Harrison and trade for Justin Fields.

Reactions: buffa dud

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Pats job is only attractive if they can maintain the organizational foundations and, ahem, "advantages" that have driven their success under BB. Which means someone steeped in the Patriot Way, so Vrabel. I'd be shocked if it isn't him. Otherwise, while a top QB pick is nice (not sure they'll get Maye or Williams without trading up), their roster has been pretty well hollowed out.

It was nice having them dead in the water in division during this run. Vrabel and a hotshot QB could make some noise eventually. If I were them I might draft Marvin Harrison and trade for Justin Fields.
The other challenge with NE is that BB's defense was pretty unique, especially at positions like LB and safety.

I think they should look to reboot the whole thing with a new GM and head coach combination as opposed to getting a BB guy like Vrabel. But, we shall see.

:dunno:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I don't think Justin Fields has the passing ability to be a franchise guy, but stranger things have happened.

You're right, though. They have a high draft pick, and should be able to attract a pretty good option at coach. It would suck if Vrabel goes there. Luckily, we have our elite QB, and it will take a few years for them to contend again if all goes right.

The good news is- The Jets are the Jets and will be mediocre again next year. They're all-in on Rodgers, which makes me happy. The Dolphins are clearly a tier below us (unless they make noise in the playoffs, and we flame out) and have f*** all to work with cap wise. They went the 49ers route of spending big assets on immediate help, and now one of their premiere pass rushers they spent big money and assets on will likely be recovering from an ACL tear next year. Tua is also going to command a pretty hefty contract, and isn't looking the part of a savage out there, though he is pretty good.

The division is ours for the foreseeable future unless Allen regresses or gets injured. I honestly think the defense can be even nastier next year if Beane can have a similar offseason to this one where he finds good players and signs them to one-year deals + they stay healthy. Imagine a healthy Milano with this core of players? They'll need to figure out the pass rush, though.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I don't think Justin Fields has the passing ability to be a franchise guy, but stranger things have happened.

You're right, though. They have a high draft pick, and should be able to attract a pretty good option at coach. It would suck if Vrabel goes there. Luckily, we have our elite QB, and it will take a few years for them to contend again if all goes right.

The good news is- The Jets are the Jets and will be mediocre again next year. They're all-in on Rodgers, which makes me happy. The Dolphins are clearly a tier below us (unless they make noise in the playoffs, and we flame out) and have f*** all to work with cap wise. They went the 49ers route of spending big assets on immediate help, and now one of their premiere pass rushers they spent big money and assets on will likely be recovering from an ACL tear next year. Tua is also going to command a pretty hefty contract, and isn't looking the part of a savage out there, though he is pretty good.

The division is ours for the foreseeable future unless Allen regresses or gets injured. I honestly think the defense can be even nastier next year if Beane can have a similar offseason to this one where he finds good players and signs them to one-year deals + they stay healthy. Imagine a healthy Milano with this core of players? They'll need to figure out the pass rush, though.
Agreed on Fields, but I think he is a dynamic enough rusher and deep baller to be serviceable on a good roster. I'd hate to see him on this Pittsburgh team for instance. I'd rather have Fields and Harrison than pay up picks for Williams/Maye. Either way, a sharp young GM and Vrabel is a combo I don't want in division.

Very interested to see what Rodgers looks like. I thought he'd be more than serviceable this year so I was nervous about the Jets. He's still a wildcard, but that injury likely means he's on the fast track to decline.

I'm the biggest Miami fan this week. To help us avoid KC, but also to lock in a Tua megadeal. I think it could cripple them for this current window. Despite this year, he is injury prone and one of the least mobile QBs in the league. Sinking $50M into him would be ideal for us. Speaking of Geno, I'd much rather have him for 25 than Tua for 50.

Agreed on next year. Dust off the old meme of Beane only taking DL round 1 because it's likely again imo. And it has worked. We've been spoiled by the casual luxury of a deep and impactful D line for this entire run. If only the USA invested in infrastructure the same way 😅

Reactions: Dingo44 and kirby11

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We saw Allen throw the ball in 55 mph winds against NE a few years ago (yes, we lost, but they were very close on some big plays), I don’t think it favors Pitt. It makes them even more 1 dimensional while the bills can still do some other things.
Key is gonna be bottling Warren up and not surrendering big plays on the ground to him if the Steelers can't go to the air all that effectively. Najee doing his three yards and a cloud of dust thing doesn't scare me that much unless the Bills are trying to get the ball back late.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Bill leaving doesn't really mean much. The reign of terror ended when Brady left. Honestly, I would have been perfectly happy if he would have coached the Pats another 10 years without the greatest QB of all time and had mediocre seasons like the rest of the league does. Bring him down a peg.

Reactions: Dingo44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad