Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
The people bagging on Belichick for never winning with Mac Jones and touting Brady as the Greatest of All Time are so ring fixated, it's annoying. And it's annoying because of how lazy (wrong) the narratives are. These people are completely overlooking how rules have changed over the years, and how the AFC East has changed with it.

Brady played in an era where the division winner was guaranteed a playoff bye, so most years he only had to win three games to win a Super Bowl. Brady also played in an AFC East where Doug Flutie was probably his best competition. Belichick's AFC Easts feature this generation's Payton Manning and a respectable Tua behind the wheel of a Lamborghini.

Brady's first Super Bowl? He threw for one touchdown, and rushed for one. That's it. In three games, Brady, the "GOAT" scored two touchdowns. (Shades of Burrow, anyone?)

In his second Super Bowl win, Brady threw for five touchowns. A marked improvement. But through the first two games in the postseason, he scored two total touchdowns.

In his third Super Bowl win, Brady scored six touchdowns. He never scored more than two in a game, though.

In 2014 and 2016, Brady earned his keep. No argument there.

But in 2018, Brady was just bad. He had two touchdowns through three games and three interceptions. (If Allen wins a SB with that kind of performance, he will be eviscerated by the media.)

Bottom line: Brady doesn't win those six Super Bowls without a head coach / defensive coordinator capable of dialing up a game plan for when his franchise QB isn't at his best. And for that, Belichick does not get enough credit.

(Sorry for the NE content, but this is just something that annoys me to no end as a football fan.)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm not sure that's good for the Bills. He's a pretty good coach. Unless he keeps things out of date over there.
If you look at the BB coaching tree, there are very few guys that made the move from coordinator or position coach to head coach and did a good job.

I will be surprised if Mayo bucks that trend.

The people bagging on Belichick for never winning with Mac Jones and touting Brady as the Greatest of All Time are so ring fixated, it's annoying. And it's annoying because of how lazy (wrong) the narratives are. These people are completely overlooking how rules have changed over the years, and how the AFC East has changed with it.

Brady played in an era where the division winner was guaranteed a playoff bye, so most years he only had to win three games to win a Super Bowl. Brady also played in an AFC East where Doug Flutie was probably his best competition. Belichick's AFC Easts feature this generation's Payton Manning and a respectable Tua behind the wheel of a Lamborghini.

Brady's first Super Bowl? He threw for one touchdown, and rushed for one. That's it. In three games, Brady, the "GOAT" scored two touchdowns. (Shades of Burrow, anyone?)

In his second Super Bowl win, Brady threw for five touchowns. A marked improvement. But through the first two games in the postseason, he scored two total touchdowns.

In his third Super Bowl win, Brady scored six touchdowns. He never scored more than two in a game, though.

But in 2018, Brady was just bad. He had two touchdowns through three games and three interceptions. (If Allen wins a SB with that kind of performance, he will be eviscerated by the media.)

Bottom line: Brady doesn't win those six Super Bowls without a head coach / defensive coordinator capable of dialing up a game plan for when his franchise QB isn't at his best. And for that, Belichick does not get enough credit.

(Sorry for the NE content, but this is just something that annoys me to no end as a football fan.)
Brady did more without BB than BB did without Brady.

:dunno:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Bill probably goes down as the greatest coach of all time, but his below .500 career record without Brady, and the last few years specifically, certainly diminishes his legacy. It'll be funny if he keeps coaching to try to get the all time wins record, falls short, and only gets the all time losses record.

I'm not sure that's good for the Bills. He's a pretty good coach. Unless he keeps things out of date over there.
What makes you think he's a pretty good coach? 4 seasons as a linebackers coach doesn't really give us much to go off of.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I think belichick is one of the greatest coaches of all time, and is still a very good coach. There’s no doubt he doesn’t get nearly as much success without Brady, but that’s true of most great coaches with HOF QBs. Both Brady and Belichick benefited from each other, but I just think QB is more important—it wasn’t 50/50.

Belichick the GM has always been extremely overrated, and has been down right dreadful the past five years.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Would have loved Gabe’s blocking in this game. His block on the Shakir play last week was one of the biggest plays of the game
Yeah. Im not liking how this is shaping up for us. The weather will be shit, Cook is unreliable catching and has fumbling issues, and Pitt has been a power rubbing team the past few weeks. It's going to be closer than the spread, imo.

Reactions: buffa dud

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Given the weather and Gabe’s injury, I expect we see Shakir kick outside and a heavy dosage of 12 personnel, rather than Sherfield just filling in for Gabe.

Reactions: Zman5778

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

All-Pro Taron!

I love it! ****ing love it!

(Looks like Josh didn't even get second team honors. His career would look so, so different had he been drafted by the Cowboys. And I'm just going to leave it at that.)

(Also, Moster got jobbed out of second team honors. Not a great look for the All-Pro Team voters.)

Last edited:

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Yeah. Im not liking how this is shaping up for us. The weather will be shit, Cook is unreliable catching and has fumbling issues, and Pitt has been a power rubbing team the past few weeks. It's going to be closer than the spread, imo.

Sounds like Charles Haley's type of team!

Also, agree. Cook scares the shit out of me in the cold weather. He's not exactly used to that environment and it's a different animal when it comes to holding onto the football when you start getting numb. I think we need Murray in there again because he's got the most cold-weather experience.

• Haha
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
If there are more than two, there needs to be a total recall from the manufacturer.

Nice reference on Total Recall

SmartSelect_20240112_125629_Google.jpg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Despite similar wiring as hyper-competitive football lifers, Daboll and Martindale brought different temperaments to the sideline. And it didn’t take long for those differences to surface, with tension starting to build during their first training camp together.

“You could probably see it building a little bit,” a team source said. “Like the defense is getting installed and you might have 12 guys on the field and Dabes is losing it, and he’s calling out coaches, and he’s making it personal.”

Martindale presents a brash persona, cultivated with his standard attire — sunglasses, long-sleeve white compression shirt and basketball sneakers — that makes him look like a WWE rendition of a football coach. But he prides himself on his composure.

Though it’s not uncommon for NFL head coaches to lose their cool, multiple team sources said Daboll goes overboard, particularly during games.

“On game day, he’s a madman,” one team source said. “It’s just brutal.”

Maybe the McD-Daboll stuff wasn't all on McD...

:skeptic:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: buffa dud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad