Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The best part of that play was that Stef was basically pointing to Shakir for Allen to throw it to him before the throw and then he puts his arms up in the TD signal while the ball was in the air.

That was up there with Josh Norman running down the sideline with Harty on the punt return TD for teammate reactions on Sunday night.
I really like the energy he's been bringing on the sideline. You can tell he's 110% committed to the team's success. I remember hearing him hyping some players up on a mic'd up episode as well. Diggs is also very vocal and hyping guys up in those videos.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Really hope Washington backs up the Brinks truck for him. Don't want him going to NE and making sure they're a perpetual pain in the ass to play against even if they're not all that great.
With the new ownership in Washington and the path they are taking to hire a new GM, I do not know if Vrabel is their kind of head coach.

I think they want more of a McVay/Shanahan young offensive guy.

Reactions: billsandsabres

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Eh yes and no. Sure, each year there's surprises and disappointments, both because of teams coming into their own as well as injuries sabotaging team's chances. When you play teams over the course of the year matters too.

But it's also definitely not a fresh slate. There's still correlation between how one finishes the previous year and how one plays the next year. And if you don't think so, I'd bet you could get a damn good price on a futures bet saying CLE+LV+GB will have an equal or better combined record than BAL+KC+DET

from year to year variations occur due to…

1. injuries
2. roster turnover
3. luck of schedule
4. how team does in close games
5. team confidence from how the finished last season or early start that season.

PIT 9-2 in one score games. Cleveland, Philly, Houston all had 6-3 or better records.

In Baltimore's specific case, I'd argue it's more of a case of out of sight and out of mind (along with the new darlings of the conference, Cincinatti, being in their division), because when Lamar's been healthy, Baltimore has always been very, very good.

Speaking of Cincinatti, how much do they regret just sitting Burrow the first two, three weeks until he was healthy with the way Browning played when Burrow eventually did have to go on the shelf? They dug themselves a huge hole playing an immobile and compromised Burrow, when maybe they could have beaten Cleveland or Tennessee early in the season with Browning.
With cincinnati..up and coming teams circled thst game given thry we’re the Super Bowl team.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Vrabel got fired. His service to our season will not be forgotten. That comeback against Miami was incredible. Taking some of the pressure off by having his guys show out against Jacksonville too.

I'm a bit surprised that he got fired. Levis showed that he could possibly be their long-term QB and it's not like the front office there did him any favors.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm a bit surprised that he got fired. Levis showed that he could possibly be their long-term QB and it's not like the front office there did him any favors.
Yeah last year would have made more sense when they blew that big division lead.

This year the players were clearly playing for him right up to the end - there's just not a lot of talent there at the moment.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

im surprised but I understand.

I think gm started last year, Henry and Tannehill likely not back, high pick in draft. Fresh start.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Damn, I just read that Douglas was contemplating going back in, but Dane told him "If youre not 100, I promise you I got you'.

There's something special brewing with this team. The lows of the season hardened them, and now they have incredibly high confidence to go with it.

Football gods...please let this be the year! Amen!

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Damn, I just read that Douglas was contemplating going back in, but Dane told him "If youre not 100, I promise you I got you'.

There's something special brewing with this team. The lows of the season hardened them, and now they have incredibly high confidence to go with it.

Football gods...please let this be the year! Amen!

I told my buddy during the game that if we hadn't already clinched a spot that Radul would have come back in.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
If the winds are gusting this weekend, it might be Leonard Fournette's time to shine like a diamond
Lenny seems adequate in the short yardage role, but I'm not seeing a ton of juice in his current form. He'll be valuable in a snow game for sure.

To me Ty Johnson's health is the biggest story this week. I think he's got the skill set to do a lot of what Cook does but with some more punch, which is needed in the playoffs. Without him, a run-heavy game plan feels less than ideal.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Lenny seems adequate in the short yardage role, but I'm not seeing a ton of juice in his current form. He'll be valuable in a snow game for sure.

To me Ty Johnson's health is the biggest story this week. I think he's got the skill set to do a lot of what Cook does but with some more punch, which is needed in the playoffs. Without him, a run-heavy game plan feels less than ideal.
Ty is a much more effective grinder/banger than Murray has been the last few weeks, I wouldn’t at all mind a lineup that sees Cook/Johnson/Fournette carrying the mail. If TJ is healthy of course.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If he's that good will he still be around at ~60 or whenever our 2nd round pick comes around?
He’s at around 70 right now on a lot of boards, some lower. His college production wasn’t amazing.

I’d spend the Bills second on him.

Would love to trade down in the first and get a couple 2nd round picks. Jack Sawyer would be another amazing pick at the end of the 2nd round. Schobel-esque.

Reactions: Tsujimoto

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
He’s at around 70 right now on a lot of boards, some lower. His college production wasn’t amazing.

I’d spend the Bills second on him.

Would love to trade down in the first and get a couple 2nd round picks. Jack Sawyer would be another amazing pick at the end of the 2nd round. Schobel-esque.
Sawyer is apparently staying at OSU another season.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 8.04.36 AM.png

Pittsburgh has declared War!
1704891945949.png

• Haha
Reactions: Dubi Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events