Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It's way too early to start fretting about the schedule. I guarantee, you compared the SOS at the start of the season to the end and it's going to change.

Honestly, who had the Ravens as the top team in the AFC this year?
Eh yes and no. Sure, each year there's surprises and disappointments, both because of teams coming into their own as well as injuries sabotaging team's chances. When you play teams over the course of the year matters too.

But it's also definitely not a fresh slate. There's still correlation between how one finishes the previous year and how one plays the next year. And if you don't think so, I'd bet you could get a damn good price on a futures bet saying CLE+LV+GB will have an equal or better combined record than BAL+KC+DET

In Baltimore's specific case, I'd argue it's more of a case of out of sight and out of mind (along with the new darlings of the conference, Cincinatti, being in their division), because when Lamar's been healthy, Baltimore has always been very, very good.

Speaking of Cincinatti, how much do they regret just sitting Burrow the first two, three weeks until he was healthy with the way Browning played when Burrow eventually did have to go on the shelf? They dug themselves a huge hole playing an immobile and compromised Burrow, when maybe they could have beaten Cleveland or Tennessee early in the season with Browning.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
2017: Preseason Over/Under 6.5; Final Record 9-7
2018: Preseason Over/Under 5.5; Final Record 6-10
2019: Preseason Over/Under 7.0; Final Record 10-6
2020: Preseason Over/Under 9.0; Final Record 13-3
2021: Preseason Over/Under 11.5; Final Record 11-6
2022: Preseason Over/Under 11.5; Final Record 13-3
2023: Preseason Over/Under 10.5; Final Record 11-6

McDermott's teams were 1 win away (in 2021) from hitting on the over in each of his 7 seasons coaching the Buffalo Bills.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Beane upgrades that #2 WR spot and the Bills can be legit contenders for a while. Kincaid hasn’t even become the player he will be. Cook will have another two cheap years of big production. Same for Shakir. Get that outside receiving threat who can actually get open and catch and you’ve got it all.

Need a big time one. Not day three darts. Diggs is going to wind down and not be an elite 1. You need a 2 with room to take over…and compliment him.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
It's not going to matter. All anyone is going to say is "Josh turned the ball over 3 times before he got his head out of his ass".

No one is going to remember that Jimbo dropped an easy TD 2 plays before Josh threw short of the endzone as time expired.

No one is going to remember that Josh's 2nd INT wasn't actually a bad play.

No one is going to remember how badly Wilkins abused Torrence on the fumble.

It's. All. On. Josh.

I'm not sure how the national discourse on Josh became so turnover-related and more focused-on-the-negative, but it is.
Look at the box score and a couple of lowlights, and it’s easy to create a narrative for people to go with. They just need to make sure that people don’t realize why the Bills lost. IIRC, Josh gave the team a lead or handed the defense the game with lead in 4 of the 6 losses with two minutes remaining, only to see the defense not close out the game.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Look at the box score and a couple of lowlights, and it’s easy to create a narrative for people to go with. They just need to make sure that people don’t realize why the Bills lost. IIRC, Josh gave the team a lead or handed the defense the game with lead in 4 of the 6 losses with two minutes remaining, only to see the defense not close out the game.
A lot of those happened while the defense was ravaged by injuries, too. Coaching errors didn't help, but you don't go 5 for 6 while playing 3 playoff teams in that span if something didn't get corrected.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I despise Nick Wright. Absolutely despise him.

Will not click. He does not deserve the clicks.
You have to watch him like you would a circus freak or the royal fool. He's a KC homer who just happens to have his opinions validated because his team has been very successful. I can see why Bills fans hate him because he doesn't recognize Allen as the player he is, because somehow that would diminish his Mahomeboy.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
A lot of those happened while the defense was ravaged by injuries, too. Coaching errors didn't help, but you don't go 5 for 6 while playing 3 playoff teams in that span if something didn't get corrected.
Fully aware.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

To get to the Super Bowl, the Bills need to win 3 in a row.

I’d be more scared of a playoff path of:
Dallas, @KC, @ Miami
Than I would be of:
Steelers, Browns/Chiefs, @ Baltimore.

Reactions: buffa dud

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Do you think Nick Herbig can step up against Buffalo? — Craig B.

Yes and no. Herbig has the pass rushing moves to create havoc. We’ve seen that in camp, the preseason and, at times, during the regular season. But it’s going to have to be a Herbig/Markus Golden mix to replace T.J. Watt, and I believe that’s how they will approach it until Watt gets back.

Is it crazy to think while Watt is out, it shouldn’t too greatly affect the defense overall with Golden and Herbig around this year? — Mark W.

Read what you just wrote there, Mark. T.J. Watt is the best defensive player in the league, and the Steelers are 1-10 all-time without him. It’s going to affect the defense. Greatly.

The Bills are rightfully heavy favorites. How can the Steelers maximize their chances of winning in Buffalo? — Sally L.

It’s really simple: Keep doing what you’ve been doing. They need to pound the ball in the run game, own the time of possession and hit some plays down the field. On defense, they have to pressure Josh Allen into bad throws, which he tends to make from time to time. It’s that simple of a plan. The execution is the stickler.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Capture.PNG

Diggs was celebrating the deep ball to Shakir while the ball was in the air.

So, tell me again how he is a problem and wants out of Buffalo...

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I’m still concerned about the weather this weekend
I'm loving it. The Steelers passing game is already pretty suspect. If the weather is what we expect it to be, the game plan gets simplified even more. Then, it's just the matter of executing.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Diggs was celebrating the deep ball to Shakir while the ball was in the air.

So, tell me again how he is a problem and wants out of Buffalo...
He's clearly throwing his hands up in disgust as Josh once again fails to find him wide-open in the flat.

Also, at the end of the game when the mics pick him up telling Josh "just four more", he's obviously celebrating the fact that he's got no more than four more games left before he can get out of here.

(Big ol' /s, if I need to point that out)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He's clearly throwing his hands up in disgust as Josh once again fails to find him wide-open in the flat.

Also, at the end of the game when the mics pick him up telling Josh "just four more", he's obviously celebrating the fact that he's got no more than four more games left before he can get out of here.

(Big ol' /s, if I need to point that out)
The best part of that play was that Stef was basically pointing to Shakir for Allen to throw it to him before the throw and then he puts his arms up in the TD signal while the ball was in the air.

That was up there with Josh Norman running down the sideline with Harty on the punt return TD for teammate reactions on Sunday night.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I like Nick Wright.
Nick Wright is becoming my personal hero.

I will explain.

He’s cracked the code on making $$$ being a football commentator. All he ever has to do is rag on the Buffalo Bills even the slightest little bit, and then he has the entire Mafia clicking, sharing, retweeting and generally losing our collective minds over his content. It’s absolutely genius. Like a heel in pro wrestling who has figured out how to get cheap heat and just keeps stoking the fire show after show, week after week. We’re all his personal marks and it’s hilarious when you view it in that context.

Just like the cheapest, easiest way to get views on your sports article is to write the latest “Stefon Diggs demands a trade from Buffalo” garbage, Nick Wright is very successfully using all of us to make himself a national name.

Reactions: Jim Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad