Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So I'm mildly annoyed because I will be landing in Florida at 4:48 on Monday and will probably miss most of the game waiting for my luggage and getting checked into the hotel. But, it makes sense to delay it. The area around the stadium is a big enough PITA without 2 feet of snow. I can't imagine the nightmare of getting out of the stadium when 6+ inches had fallen during the game + the drunks + extra snow + highspeed wind. Just asking for people to get stuck overnight in the parking lot.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Because whoever wins this game won't be at a big enough rest disadvantage already.

There's already a monday night game (Philly/Tampa).

It sucks, but I think, from a Buffalo POV, having a game with less whipping wind is probably a bit more of an advantage than 1 day less rest.

It probably doesn't matter for Pittsburgh, because they would be playing baltimore off the bye regardless, so one less day doesn't matter, they are already at a disadvantage.

If Buffalo wins, they can play one of Cleveland, Houston, or KC. All of whom play Saturday. Buffalo also doesn't have to travel, so that evens it a little as well.

There is a bit of disparity there. But, in the end, it's like playing after any other monday night game. The coaching staff will know their potential opponent on Sunday, so they can do some early game planning then. It's just one less rest day for the team if there are injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: buffa dud

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
That's ****ed up.

New York State's citizens foot a signification portion of the bill for the NFL's new stadium. And rather than postpone the game a single day, the NFL was actually considering reneging on the Bills who outright won home field advantage, which would have effectively robbed the Bills organization, and New York State, all associated revenue.

****ing scumbag billionaires.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Schefter: Antonio Pearce is the leading candidate for the Raiders job. Maxx Crosby informed the Raiders he would want traded if Pearce is not hired.

Rappaport: Harbough meeting with Chargers this week

Ahh, The Twit nut machine is revving up

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 5.42.44 PM.png

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
This is why you don’t worry about playing defense-first teams in the playoffs. That type of play will only get you so far. QB play wins in the playoffs

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Don't write Cleveland off yet, it's not like the Texans have shut down that offense either, they're moving the ball again.

EDIT: Not anymore...

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
They were always going to turn back into pumpkins. Pair the tapeless, honeymoon period for Flacco being over with CJ Stroud going nuclear and this game makes lots of sense

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Boy Flacco turned back into a pumpkin in record time there.

I wouldn't blame anyone for preferring to see KC in a potential 2nd round rather than Houston....although the cold will probably be a bigger advantage vs. the Texans...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Stroud is obviously very good, but my god Slowik is giving him layups against the best defense in the NFL. He might just be the next Shanahan wunderkid. Would love to see him go to Carolina and fix Bryce.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Boy Flacco turned back into a pumpkin in record time there.

I wouldn't blame anyone for preferring to see KC in a potential 2nd round rather than Houston....although the cold will probably be a bigger advantage vs. the Texans...
I’m torn because Houston looks great, but Mahomes always plays his best game of the season against us in the playoffs

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I’m torn because Houston looks great, but Mahomes always plays his best game of the season against us in the playoffs
re Mahomes, but the first time vs McD rather than Frazier (although 2nd time this season)> But who knows

One week at a time though please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad