Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Gosh I wish there was anyway we could get Odunze or Nablers on our team. Just not in the cards, though. We'd have to trade our 2024 + 2025 firsts, and probably more too.

If we're trading all that, screw it -- let's go for Junior.

I suppose there's a CHANCE Keon Coleman slides to us if enough scouts/teams are hesitant on him. But otherwise, by the time we pick we'll be starting at the 2nd tier of WRs in this draft......and it's a DEEP tier.

I'm really starting to think that the value at our pick is going to be at safety or edge rusher. OT and CB could also provide a solid value pick......but Douglas/Benford should be just fine for next year.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
If we're trading all that, screw it -- let's go for Junior.

I suppose there's a CHANCE Keon Coleman slides to us if enough scouts/teams are hesitant on him. But otherwise, by the time we pick we'll be starting at the 2nd tier of WRs in this draft......and it's a DEEP tier.

I'm really starting to think that the value at our pick is going to be at safety or edge rusher. OT and CB could also provide a solid value pick......but Douglas/Benford should be just fine for next year.
Seeing Mahomes and Allen struggle like they do, while Burrow/Browning clean up in Cincinnati has me thinking the only thing that matters is WR this year. We can talk about any other position on this roster, but Beane/McDermott have proven they can find a solution midseason. What we've struggled to solve is the WR2 position, and I'm starting to be of the mind that it's because we're not investing premium assets into said position.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Here I am just thinking of our healthy defense next year with both white and Douglas, Milano and Benard.
It's going to be interesting to see what they do with White. Douglas has been that INT machine we've lacked in the secondary for years and Benford has the potential to be a #1 CB.

This team better make the playoffs because I think Douglas is going to pop off.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Capture.PNG

The big dip that is an outlier between 2023 & 2022 is the game where Brady went bonkers just hammering the run play button because they couldn't be stopped.

It makes sense that Diggs played less than 50% of the offensive snaps on that day. Other than that, things are similar this season compared to last season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

View attachment 795059

The big dip that is an outlier between 2023 & 2022 is the game where Brady went bonkers just hammering the run play button because they couldn't be stopped.

It makes sense that Diggs played less than 50% of the offensive snaps on that day. Other than that, things are similar this season compared to last season.

The Dolphins injuries cannot be overlooked. They've lost some big pieces over the past month. Chubb, Philips, X, Waddle, Williams, etc...that'll be an advantage for us.

It all comes down to the offense's ability to move the ball + put up points, though. I think the Pats defense is quite a bit better than the Dolphins defense given all the injuries to Miami's defense. But we've seen the Bills offense play some ugly games against less than stellar defenses this year.

I don't doubt the defense will hold the Dolphins offense in check. I doubt they'll break 28 pts. Miami has really struggled in the red zone, and I believe we're pretty stout there. McD has also played Tua and McDaniel's tough defensively the past 4 games, and I don't expect that to change.

If the offense shows up, we're winning this game. If Allen has one of his god mode games- it will be a blowout. If the offense plays like it did against the Chargers & Pats, then I think Miami will win a nail biter. I put this at a 55/45 game in favor of the Bills due to the Dolphins injuries, but Miami is much better at home so that factors in as well + I have no idea which Bills offense will show up.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

:lol:

The Dolphins injuries cannot be overlooked. They've lost some big pieces over the past month. Chubb, Philips, X, Waddle, Williams, etc...that'll be an advantage for us.

It all comes down to the offense's ability to move the ball + put up points, though. I think the Pats defense is quite a bit better than the Dolphins defense given all the injuries to Miami's defense. But we've seen the Bills offense play some ugly games against less than stellar defenses this year.

I don't doubt the defense will hold the Dolphins offense in check. I doubt they'll break 28 pts. Miami has really struggled in the red zone, and I believe we're pretty stout there. McD has also played Tua and McDaniel's tough defensively the past 4 games, and I don't expect that to change.

If the offense shows up, we're winning this game. If Allen has one of his god mode games- it will be a blowout. If the offense plays like it did against the Chargers & Pats, then I think Miami will win a nail biter. I put this at a 55/45 game in favor of the Bills due to the Dolphins injuries, but Miami is much better at home so that factors in as well + I have no idea which Bills offense will show up.
I think the offense will go as the G-C-G combination goes.

If they win the IDL vs IOL when they are on offense, I expect they will win the game.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

:lol:

I think the offense will go as the G-C-G combination goes.

If they win the IDL vs IOL when they are on offense, I expect they will win the game.

For sure. In my eyes, The O line has not looked good the past fews. Not sure what the advanced stats show, though.

Also, anyone want to see Fournette in for Murray? Murray hasn't seemed as sure handed lately. Brutal drop on 3rd and 2 las game. Ugly fumble against KC after Allen made some magic.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
For sure. In my eyes, The O line has not looked good the past fews. Not sure what the advanced stats show, though.

Also, anyone want to see Fournette in for Murray? Murray hasn't seemed as sure handed lately. Brutal drop on 3rd and 2 las game. Ugly fumble against KC after Allen made some magic.
In Joe Marino's All-22 review for the NE game, it showed that all the pass block breakdowns were primarily from the guard positions and Morse got blown up once.

But, Dawkins and Brown were solid in pass pro.

Torrence is the one that worries me the most right now. McGovern and Morse have been good in pass pro for most of the season. Torrence seems to have hit a rookie wall, though.

And I think a lot of Bills Mafia would prefer Lenny over Murray at this point.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
who ducked away from making the tackle imo : )
Been "offline" for a couple weeks and have no intention of "catching up" on these threads, so my comment was likely covered by others previously, but nonetheless I'll opine:

On that opening kickoff return TD by NE, I've seen world-class matadors make more contact with a bull than Bass did with the returner.
I'm in my mid-fifties and I would have at least lowered my shoulder...

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
No Waddle would be a gift for the Bills. Credit to the Dolphins, they still moved the ball very well against the Baltimore defense with 'just' Hill last week. The real problem has been in the red zone where Hills speed isn't as big of a weapon and they don't have a second option for teams to worry about.
Berrios is always a problem for us. Taron is going to have to be on point

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Did another combo PFF / PFN mock. Used the PFF board with the PFN mock simulator. I made a pre-draft trade to put the Bills as the Super Bowl winners and add the 3rd round comp pick.

1st round: traded 32 to 35 and added pick 100. Got an offer for pick 35 and a 2025 4th for pick 36 and 95, so I took it.

2-36: Jordan Morgan OT Arizona. LT of the future. Can play guard for a season or develop behind Dawkins.

2-64: Brendan Rice WR USC. Prototype X receiver with speed and hands. Not great production at USC but could be a better pro.

Traded picks 95 and 100 for pick 74.

3-74: Jack Sawyer DE Ohio State. Bull rush type of end with physicality the Bills could use.

3-96 (comp): McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M. Nose tackle type of DT who can anchor a line.

4-128: Nazir Stackhouse DT Georgia. Doubled down on bigger DTs.

5-147: Beaux Limmer IOL Arkansas. Will test well and be a high RAS guy. Bills need IOL depth.

5-152: James Williams S/hybrid Miami, Fla. Hybrid safety/big nickel who could do well in the Bills system.

6-181: Lathan Ransom S Ohio State. Zone safety with instincts.

6-184: Steve Linton DE Texas A&M. Speed rusher with a few high end athletic traits.

6-189: Malachi Moore S Alabama. Zone safety with a lot of experience.

7-216: Connor Colby IOL Iowa. Another high RAS player, and the Bills need OL depth.

Overall, I re-load the offensive line, defensive line, and safety, with one receiver added in who would replace Gabe Davis.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Want to see DeQuan back, one of the pass rushers (Floyd if possible), and Douglas extended (has one more, +2 ?).
I wonder if Epenesa might be tbe more prudent resign target. He will be cheaper, is six years younger, and is seemingly just coming into his own. I wouldn’t pay him top dollar, but if there’s a discount my to be had because of his meager production, I’d be interested. Flip side, he’s probably a comp pick if he gets paid.

Does anyone know how comp picks work for guys on void deals? Could we get one for Floyd? Or is he technically “cut” because his deal automatically voids

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad