Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
The media is pretty dominated by former players right now and it seems like a lot of them blindly support Lamar's case because they felt he was disrespected in the off-season. This is their way of hitting back at this perceived disrespect. Narrative matters and Purdy is seen as something of a 'company man' by these same media members and they aren't going to rally around him like that.

With that said, Lamar is pretty great and I think that goes beyond the stats. I'm not going to be mad if he wins it. God knows Josh didn't deserve it.

I don’t think josh deserves it any less than Lamar (if Allen wins this game worth a great performance). Allen was far more involved in his team’s offense, had way more TDs, and had way less support from his defense, and was more consistent when it came to scoring.

But I agree, I don’t think Allen deserves the MVP, though maybe he deserves it the most amongst the QBs if he wins this weekend with a great performance. I think someone like McCaffrey or Hill deserve it the most.

To be clear, Allen wouldn’t be getting my vote. But Lamar Jackson wouldn’t be close to be getting my vote. No stat suggests he is top 5 this year. And yeah he is great beyond the stats and individual performance…it’s called his excellent team!

But I hear you, media narrative matter. I have just never seen the media so blindly follow the top team for MVP talk. When it was the dolphins it was Tua. When it was the cowboys it was Dak. When it was SF it was Purdy. The MVP narrative changed weekly

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I don’t think josh deserves it any less than Lamar (if Allen wins this game worth a great performance). Allen was far more involved in his team’s offense, had way more TDs, and had way less support from his defense, and was more consistent when it came to scoring.

But I agree, I don’t think Allen deserves the MVP, though maybe he deserves it the most amongst the QBs if he wins this weekend with a great performance. I think someone like McCaffrey or Hill deserve it the most.

I guess the difference for me is that Lamar seems to have fewer miscues than Josh, although that is largely by design, I acknowledge that.

I like Hill the most for MVP because I think he elevates that Dolphins offense to a completely different level and no QB depends on their WR quite like Tua does with him. But he's missed games/snaps and I assume that works against him as much as his position.

Don't love CMC but admit that he is a viable candidate as well.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I guess the difference for me is that Lamar seems to have fewer miscues than Josh, although that is largely by design, I acknowledge that.
There’s no doubt that Lamar has protected the football better than Allen, and just less miscues overall. Allen is having a down year with that (though the turnovers narrative is a bit overblown). But I don’t think that gets him into the MVP discussion

And i was with you with Hill until his injuries. He’s still my number two, but dropped behind CMC

I despise the reactionary nature of this year's MVP voting. I despise how QB-centric the award has become. And I despise that the definition of the award is evolving to where the team surrounding the candidate matters; in my mind, the MVP is the best player. Full stop.

Agreed agreed

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I like Hill the most for MVP because I think he elevates that Dolphins offense to a completely different level and no QB depends on their WR quite like Tua does with him. But he's missed games/snaps and I assume that works against him as much as his position.

Don't love CMC but admit that he is a viable candidate as well.
Most Vicious Puncher?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Most Vicious Puncher?

I'm torn on him. I don't recall the specific details, I do remember a recording from a phone call. But, I can't help but like the 'new' Tyreek. His social media is fun, workouts are crazy, gives a ton back to the Miami community, and his interviews are in depth and fun.

Von's has had two run ins now with DV, that we know of.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I'm torn on him. I don't recall the specific details, I do remember a recording from a phone call. But, I can't help but like the 'new' Tyreek. His social media is fun, workouts are crazy, gives a ton back to the Miami community, and his interviews are in depth and fun.

Von's has had two run ins now with DV, that we know of.
Didn’t he also break one of kid’s arm?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Didn’t he also break one of kid’s arm?

I just looked it up. Maybe? It seems as though both him and his then fiance would discipline their child physically. With a belt, or punching him (god knows how hard). Nobody was blamed for the broken arm specifically. But yeah, not good. In hindsight, I'm surprised he wasn't suspended. He also told his fiance on a call that she also needs to be afraid of him.

Seems that when there is video evidence (kareem hunt) KC cuts a player. But if it's just hearsay and a police report they let it slide. That, or ya know, Hill is just way better than Hunt.

TO be clear, it's not a hill i'm willing to die on (no pun intended). Just saying if I didn't know his past and looked at his community give backs and social media since coming to Miami, it's A+.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It got better as the game went along. Hopefully a week of treatment allows it to be a non-factor on Sunday night.
Agreed - they didn't really end up having to throw much in the 2nd half, but he was much better when they did. He did miss a deep shot to Diggs, but he hit Kincaid for 51 down the field and in general was much more accurate.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

That's not a great look. He'll gut it out. A lot of players are feeling the aches and pains this late in the season. One thing is for sure- the O line and running game better show up. If Allen is struggling like he did against the Pats, which seems to in part be due to his injuries, then the rest of the offense needs to step up big time.

I want to see the O line bully the Dolphins like they did Dallas. BTW, what happened to that style of play? We saw it for one week, and then they revert back to being meh. I remember a 3rd and 1 getting blown up by the Pats; they were getting to Murray before he even got to the LoS. Time for the big boys to nut up!

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad