Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
-Mitch Morse - Illness, no practice today

-Terrel Bernard currently has 6.5 sacks this season, T.Edmunds had 6.5 in 5 seasons.

-40% of the NFL's starting QB's are currently not playing due to injury

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Did not know this about Martin last game

FB_IMG_1704474804591.jpg

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

McCourty doesn't understand what is going on and is just throwing stuff out there.

There is a lot of that going on with the slump that Diggs and Allen have gotten themselves into lately.

I don't agree with McCourty, but I won't be shocked in the slightest if the Bills move on from Diggs this off-season, dead cap and all.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I'd say this season has radically improved Beane's draft record. No?

2019 - Oliver, Singletary, Knox
2020 - Epenesa, Moss, Davis, Bass
2021 - Rousseau, Brown
2022 - Cook, Bernard, Shakir, Benford
2023 - Kincaid, Torrence

It'd be nice to have a home run in there somewhere, but given the draft capital available... it's been a pretty good year for some guys.

Also this:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

2021 - Rousseau, Brown
2023 - Kincaid, Torrence

It'd be nice to have a home run in there somewhere, but given the draft capital available... it's been a pretty good year for some guys.

Also this:

Bernard + Benford may not be homerun picks, but they're far outplaying their draft positions. Oliver is playing at a level that may actually give his draft position some merit.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

McCourty doesn't understand what is going on and is just throwing stuff out there.

There is a lot of that going on with the slump that Diggs and Allen have gotten themselves into lately.

It seems pretty clear to me tbh, they were forcing stuff to Diggs and Gabe at the beginning of the year and teams honed in on it. They have recently gone away from It and included Cook, Kinkaid and Shakir more in the passing game while running it more. Diggs and Gabe have made key plays when called upon. I don't see why you would force something after watching it fail previously. Even recently, when taking deep shots with Diggs, it's been double covered and picked or almost picked. I'd love to see Brady scheme Diggs on some medium (15 yard) slants as his breaks are usually clean and he has shown he can create after the catch.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I highly doubt they move on from Diggs especially with all the Von Miller mess and that huge dead cap situation, as well.

Diggs:

View attachment 796630

Miller:

View attachment 796631
I get that completely. I've messed around with Spotrac a lot, and I understand the cap implications.

I see 3 possible conclusions to the Bills season:
- Don't make playoffs or flame out in the playoffs
- Get to AFC championship but lose
- Get to Super Bowl but lose
- Get to Super Bowl and win

In the first and last scenario, I can see Beane making tough moves. If they don't come close, I can see Beane cutting losses and eating cap in 2024. He might do the same if they win the Super Bowl.

If they come close, then I can see him tikering to get the team over the edge.

The Diggs reporting is past the "journalist trying to stir the pot" point. When someone like McCourty, who's pretty straight forward, starts talking about it, there's got to be something going on.

It's like the Eichel trade chatter the summer before he got hurt. It got reported, and dismissed. But there was something there.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

2021 - Rousseau, Brown
2023 - Kincaid, Torrence

Also this:

He's always been good at finding NFL talent. The only real issue has been lack of homerun difference makers (which are hard to find when you're not drafting high!). But Oliver and Bernard absolutely are that this season.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Take the painkillers Josh, the F u niffle finger hurts right? and win. Diggs as well. Our super mk ultra duo. .

They. ( trust me) Change your frequency (works great to not be fuqued w as anantenna for insecure thoughts , false vision. Etc). for 3 hours. moderate so you are you, prescient like few others

Then...

Let it rip with confidence as We all know YOU CAN. You are the BEST QB we've ever seen throwing the ball. Add running and pure will. YOU Josh are fun to watch when you believe aa we do

How to get. There. Say F*ck , sling it and fuq up knowing the team and McD have your back until you are smiling and being yourself. We are ALL w You and our team. Have fun as you live for miami and that weather.

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Until Sunday. Let's earn the right to say next .

Thank you O line, D line , our rook all stars w Rasul , Mr Taron clutch Johnson and the Duo that started it all. Mr poyer and Mr Hyde.

Makes me feel like we can get abused over and over and still humbly and business like win and take the 2nd seed and play at home. In a weird league its great watching your honor and precision as a group playing football within the rules and still Intimidate . Dion!

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Until Sunday. Let's earn the right to say next .

Thank you O line, D line , our rook all stars w Rasul , Mr Taron clutch Johnson and the Duo that started it all. Mr poyer and Mr Hyde.

Makes me feel like we can get abused over and over and still humbly and business like win and take the 2nd seed and play at home. In a weird league its great watching your honor and precision as a group playing football within the rules and still Intimidate . Dion!

I just talked to all of them and they said it's a massive boost having you in their corner.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I get that completely. I've messed around with Spotrac a lot, and I understand the cap implications.

I see 3 possible conclusions to the Bills season:
- Don't make playoffs or flame out in the playoffs
- Get to AFC championship but lose
- Get to Super Bowl but lose
- Get to Super Bowl and win

In the first and last scenario, I can see Beane making tough moves. If they don't come close, I can see Beane cutting losses and eating cap in 2024. He might do the same if they win the Super Bowl.

If they come close, then I can see him tikering to get the team over the edge.

The Diggs reporting is past the "journalist trying to stir the pot" point. When someone like McCourty, who's pretty straight forward, starts talking about it, there's got to be something going on.

It's like the Eichel trade chatter the summer before he got hurt. It got reported, and dismissed. But there was something there.
McCourty, like most everyone else, is guessing because they have no real inside info with regards to what is happening.

This thread from Cover 1 looks at the data since Brady took over:

I just do not see any way that the Bills, in this SB competing window, eat $30M in dead cap to rid themselves of WR1 when WR2 isn't all that and a UFA.

If they get rid of Diggs, they basically have Shakir and that is it coming back at WR and little cap space to replace Diggs AND Davis. That's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad