Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Toughest game of the year, imo. Theyre on fire. Imagine the confidence this team will have if they win? They'd be peaking at the right time. That's for sure.

Also, Im not counting the Jets out against Miami. Miami's IOL was TRASH when their center went down. If he's as injured as i appears, that Q Williams is going to feast. I can see Tua having a rough game.
Cowboys are a dominant 7-0 at home with a 3-3 road record. Two of the losses were at SF and Philadelphia. Should be a good one.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
In other news, the NFL and NFLPA are conducting a standard review of TJ Watt's concu... I am told there were no findings (he sad, satirically.)

But seriously. When has the NFL ever exposed anything of consequence after these "reviews"?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
For what it's worth, the NYT upshot playoff machine has the Bills with a 85% chance of making the playoffs with a 10-7 record with a loss to Dallas. 41% of that percentage is as AFC East champs.

But what we can glean from that is that the upshot thinks that even if we don't win the AFC East, at 10-7 with a loss to the Cowboys the system STILL thinks we have a (44%/59% = ) 74% chance to capture the wild card.

All that to say that even if we drop the game to Dallas, and Miami manages to beat one of SF/BAL, that week 18 game is still likely to be meaningful, even if we'd need some amount of help.

(Before you ask, no I don't know exactly what the upshot uses to simulate the games - I do know it's a monte carlo simluation based on ~22K simulations, so the exact % you get will vary by 3-5% with the exact same selections. Apparently they use some combination of ELO ratings combined with "info from betting markets", whatever that means.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Toughest game of the year, imo. Theyre on fire. Imagine the confidence this team will have if they win? They'd be peaking at the right time. That's for sure.

Also, Im not counting the Jets out against Miami. Miami's IOL was TRASH when their center went down. If he's as injured as i appears, that Q Williams is going to feast. I can see Tua having a rough game.

It appears Williams tore his ACL, last night, and is out for the season.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Jerrod Mayo expected to take over the Pats at the end of this season
1702470406855.png

I don't see a team trading for him tbh, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Justin Shorter practice window activated today 👀

Taron Johnson walk-through only today, ankle

A.J. Epenesa or Micah Hyde week to week.

Von, vet rest day "I thought Von took a step last week" McD

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Justin Shorter practice window activated today 👀

Taron Johnson walk-through only today, ankle

A.J. Epenesa or Micah Hyde week to week.

Von, vet rest day "I thought Von took a step last week" McD
I noticed Von a bit more. It'd be nice if he picked it up heading into crunch time. The 'situation' he's in is not ideal, but if we're never going to get the truth of what happened, then I can't hold it against him even though the facts from the police report do not sit right with me at all.

Also, I'll be sure not to bring up the 'situation' in the future when discussing Von. It can derail the thread, but since this is my first post regrading him since the situation...I figured I'd address it quickly and *hopefully* centered in hopes to not ruffle any feathers.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I noticed Von a bit more. It'd be nice if he picked it up heading into crunch time. The 'situation' he's in is not ideal, but if we're never going to get the truth of what happened, then I can't hold it against him even though the facts from the police report do not sit right with me at all.

Also, I'll be sure not to bring up the 'situation' in the future when discussing Von. It can derail the thread, but since this is my first post regrading him since the situation...I figured I'd address it quickly and *hopefully* centered in hopes to not ruffle any feathers.
I noticed Von a good amount at KC too. Power rushes, collapsing his side of the pocket. If he doesn't have the speed and bend to get the edge (yet), maybe they have him mixing up his approach some.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I noticed Von a good amount at KC too. Power rushes, collapsing his side of the pocket. If he doesn't have the speed and bend to get the edge (yet), maybe they have him mixing up his approach some.

KC was the first game he wasn't wearing that bulky brace, I believe. That's gotta be a lot less cumbersome.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Man, watching The Kelce brothers podcast today you tell Travis is still salty about it even though he's trying to play it off like he's not. From what I've noticed after the game on Sunday, for whatever reason, the Chiefs really, really hate losing to the Bills. I'm not sure why. They've beaten us in the playoffs twice and have 2 super bowls. The Bills should be an after thought to them.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Man, watching The Kelce brothers podcast today you tell Travis is still salty about it even though he's trying to play it off like he's not. From what I've noticed after the game on Sunday, for whatever reason, the Chiefs really, really hate losing to the Bills. I'm not sure why. They've beaten us in the playoffs twice and have 2 super bowls. The Bills should be an after thought to them.
Going 1-3 at home in the regular season recently versus a top tier team should not sit well with them.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I’m just so conflicted with him. I just can’t bring myself to root for someone currently accused of what he is accused of doing.

Reactions: stealth1

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
You felt the same about Kelly and crew, right?
My feelings extend to anyone who is guilty of that type of crime. Honestly, during the Super Bowl years, I was only 10 years old so I didn’t know that he was accused of that! I am definitely not Kelly worshiper.

In fairness, though, Miller hasn’t been found guilty, so that is why I tempered my original post, but I see you caught it before I changed it! Ha ha

I’ll also add, I’ve never been a fan of Jim Kelly on a personal level. He is super arrogant and always “me first”. My childhood memories of him were that of a guy who always got “injured” when things weren’t going well. But I was also young so who knows.

Last edited:

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I’m just so conflicted with him. I just can’t bring myself to root for someone currently accused of what he is accused of doing.

I used to be of the same position... until the Araiza situation. Watching that play out the way it did changed my thinking fundamentally, because I no longer believe there are good people in the world. Everyone is rotten and awful, and it looks like we need the laws that are in place to guard against our own awfulness.

Merry Christmas!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
My feelings extend to anyone who is guilty of that type of crime. Honestly, during the Super Bowl years, I was only 10 years old so I didn’t know that he was accused of that! I am definitely not Kelly worshiper.

In fairness, though, Miller hasn’t been found guilty, so that is why I tempered my original post, but I see you caught it before I changed it! Ha ha

I’ll also add, I’ve never been a fan of Jim Kelly on a personal level. He is super arrogant and always “me first”. My childhood memories of him were that of a guy who always got “injured” when things weren’t going well. But I was also young so who knows.
And probably never will be. Most DV cases end up getting dismissed. Just the nature of those kind of cases.

I used to be of the same position... until the Araiza situation. Watching that play out the way it did changed my thinking fundamentally, because I no longer believe there are good people in the world. Everyone is rotten and awful, and it looks like we need the laws that are in place to guard against our own awfulness.

Merry Christmas!
Thomas Hobbes has entered the chat

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Thomas Hobbes has entered the chat
If you're a Christian, and read and understand, and then believe in the Bible, you know this already. The prince of this world doesn't wear a white hat.

As someone who spends a lot of time in a courtroom, I think it'd be really hard for you to see a whole lot of good.

As someone who has spent years of my life overseas, I didn't see a whole lot of good. And in this country too.

But, I'm here to love not to judge. Which is why I don't get on threads and condemn ever. Not because I think I'm holier than thou, but because it's not my place.

I'm waiting to see how the Miller situation plays out and how it's handled. Until then, he's playing.

Last edited:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
If the Bills beat the Cowboys, and Miami rolls the jets. I wonder if at some point we'd want Miami to keep winning so they rest in week 18 and we can solidify a wild card spot with week 18 being an easier road to victory.

or, we could get to a point where we need to beat Miami for the division, BUT, if we don't we end up out of the playoffs entirely.

Or is that foolish talk? And we should roll into week 18 and if we lose and we are out so be it. Def not wanting them to win this week. But, you get my thought here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad