Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots

versus

Cowboys, Ravens, Jets

Picking up one game over the Dolphins isn't impossible. And then it all comes down to week 18.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
............if we win out.....there's a REAL chance we win the division.

Miami's got the Jets-Cowboys-Ravens-Us left.

They lose one of the first 3 and we win out, we get a home game.
It sounds like they're going to be without one of their best o lineman in Connor. I believe Armstead is out, too. Hill is playing injured. They also lost their best pass rusher. They're getting hit with their injury bug at the worst time, and Tua is just not a very good QB when the play breaks down and pressure is getting to him.

Oh yes, I like our chances if we handle our business.

Allen has two more turnovers than Tua…but 11 more TDs. And that’s ignoring the fact Tua has fumbled the ball like 7 times where Miami recovered it.
Tua isn't on Allen's level. He's in that 5-10 range of QBs, and I probably have him closer to 10 than 5, though I haven't done a QB ranking in while!

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Always fun to update (all time stats):

Allen Passing Yards
99- Michael Vick (22,464)
100- Carson Wentz (22,129)
101- Jameis Winston (22,104)
102- Danny White (21,959)
103- Sammy Baugh (21,886)
104 - Josh Allen (21,844)
105- Jeff Blanke (21,711)

Allen Passing Touchdowns
78- Brad Johnson (166)
79- Troy Aikman (165)
81-81 - Daryle Lamonica and Jim Plunkett (164)
82 - Josh Allen (163)
83 - Trent Green (162)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Herbert will undergo "season-ending surgery" per Yahoo.
Well, it helps our chances against the Chargers next week, but I was a bit excited to see that matchup.

So, we have Burrow and Herbert out. Lawrence playing on a bum ankle. Mahomes isn't playing god mode due to trash personnel. Tua folds when the pressure gets to him. Cleveland has their backup in. Pitt has their backup in.

The AFC is WIDE OPEN. Just. Get. In.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Well, it helps our chances against the Chargers next week, but I was a bit excited to see that matchup.

So, we have Burrow and Herbert out. Lawrence playing on a bum ankle. Mahomes isn't playing god mode due to trash personnel. Tua folds when the pressure gets to him. Cleveland has their backup in. Pitt has their backup in.

Don't forget the Colts missing Richardson.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

The only AFC QB who's playing near Allen's level this year is Lamar.

Just get in is right. Anything can happen.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
The only AFC QB who's playing near Allen's level this year is Lamar.

Just get in is right. Anything can happen.

Lamar has thrown for 500 less passing yards and 10 less touchdowns. He has 300 more rushing yards but 5 less rushing touchdowns.

They're not comparable. Lamar just has a supporting cast this year, so he isn't getting buried in the division.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Ok i gotta ask. Was Easton named Easton because of the hockey brand and his last name?
Had to be right? Idk how both parents can agree to actually pull the tirgger on that!

Reactions: Dingo44

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If the Bills win vs the Cowboys, the road to the playoffs gets 50% easier. Their last 4 games are a 50-50 split between really tough games and really easy games.

Patriots and Herbert-less Chargers should be wins for a team with its back against the wall.

Dolphins has to be all out effort for the Bills to win. But they can.

Cowboys are a team who has the defense to stop the Bills.

Additionally, if the Bills can beat the Cowboys, and the Cowboys beat the Dolphins, and the Bills win out..... they take the division.

I still don't see an easy path for the Bills unless they win out, or there's some big upsets.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Additionally, if the Bills can beat the Cowboys, and the Cowboys beat the Dolphins, and the Bills win out..... they take the division.

I still don't see an easy path for the Bills unless they win out, or there's some big upsets.

Thing is, I'm not sure that the Dolphins' most lose-able game is the Cowboys. The Dolphins get the Cowboys in Miami.......and both teams have the same home/road vibe going on.

The game I'm looking at is Dolphins going to Baltimore. Baltimore is going to want that 1 seed and maybe the ability to also take week 18 off so they're going to be quite up for that game.

It's also entirely plausible that the Dolphins lose to BOTH Dallas and Baltimore.......meaning that we'd get the 10-7 tiebreaker over them if we beat them week 18.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I know the Cowboys are a different team on the road..........but man this is going to be a tough one.
Toughest game of the year, imo. Theyre on fire. Imagine the confidence this team will have if they win? They'd be peaking at the right time. That's for sure.

Also, Im not counting the Jets out against Miami. Miami's IOL was TRASH when their center went down. If he's as injured as it appears, then Q Williams is going to feast. I can see Tua having a rough game.

Last edited:

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Not sure why people are discounting their game this week against the Jets......Zach Wilson has finally arrived!........for the 10th time .

For the love of God Zach please don't go back to sucking this week. Wait til next.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I know the Cowboys are a different team on the road..........but man this is going to be a tough one.

It is, but home field advantage cannot be overlooked here. The Bills are 5-2 at home and 2-4 away.

At "home", our losses have come against the Broncos and the Jaguars. The Broncos was basically a coin flip, so that's a "good*" loss. And the Jaguars you could argue wasn't even a home game.

On the road, the Bills' losses are a little uglier. The Eagles one was a coin-toss, so that's a "good" loss. The Bengals had some funny officiating going on, and that was a one possession game with Burrow in the pocket. So, those I'd consider "good*" losses. But then you get to the Patriots and the Rogers-less Jets, and there's no explaining those away. Those are just lousy, no-good losses that we all want back.

*When I say "good", I mean respectable. As in you were never guaranteed to win that game. It could have gone either way, and this year it just happened to go the wrong way.

Not sure why people are discounting their game this week against the Jets......Zach Wilson has finally arrived!........for the 10th time .

For the love of God Zach please don't go back to sucking this week. Wait til next.

I'm not discounting the Jets in the same way I'm not discounting the Patriots. If either the Dolphins or the Bills take their opponents lightly, the AFC playoff seeding could radically change... again. And those teams have proven they have what it takes for an upset.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad