Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I'm in Orange County and two weeks ago I was contemplating Not going to the Bills Chargers game at SoFi.

Fast forward to this morning and I'm thinking it'll be a Great time with Bills Mafia 100% take over. What a diff two weeks makes!

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm in Orange County and two weeks ago I was contemplating Not going to the Bills Chargers game at SoFi.

Fast forward to this morning and I'm thinking it'll be a Great time with Bills Mafia 100% take over. What a diff two weeks makes!
I would imagine you'll be able to score some tickets remarkably cheap. A quick glance at StubHub shows some good seats for $50.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Are we rooting for a Steelers loss or win tomorrow? Asking because I haven't looked at who holds the tiebreaker between us . Hopefully the Vikings and Lions both pull out wins tomorrow. I pray the Vikings O at least looks competent against the Bengais but most likely going to have to rely on that D to get it done. As for the Broncos/Lions. Pull your head outta your rear ,Detriot and win.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Are we rooting for a Steelers loss or win tomorrow? Asking because I haven't looked at who holds the tiebreaker between us . Hopefully the Vikings and Lions both pull out wins tomorrow. I pray the Vikings O at least looks competent against the Bengais but most likely going to have to rely on that D to get it done. As for the Broncos/Lions. Pull your head outta your rear ,Detriot and win.
It's very complicated. However, if we beat Dallas we won't win tiebreakers with anybody and we're looking for enough teams to drop below 10-7 for us to sneak in in case we lose to Miami.

But if we lose to Dallas we can win tiebreakers with Indy, Houston, and it's possible to sneak by some teams that actually hold the H2H over us if Indy,Houston are involved at 10-7, because we'd currently lead in strength of victory.

Pittsburgh/Cleveland's tiebreakers are likely too good to overcome either way and we do not want them involved at 10-7.

I'm planning on posting a tiebreakers post next week sometime once we know the result of the Dallas game, although if the Bills win that game the easy answer is "forget about winning a wild card tiebreaker" (they technically could beat Baltimore in a tiebreaker if Baltimore falls apart and our loss is to the Patriots)

So...TL;DR answer: I'd root for whoever you think is less likely to pick up 2 more wins elsewhere the rest of the way since they play before the BUF-DAL game and obviously we want BUF to win that.

Reactions: Dingo44

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Big key this week is going to be not to let Dallas run out early. They've been up early in most of their wins - they only have 2 games they've won where they've trailed at any point in the game - and one of those was 7-0 over the Chargers in the 1st quarter. If the Bills can do what they did to both KC and Philly (punch them in the mouth early), I'm not sure Dallas'll have the same fight back as those teams did. Dallas has been down two scores twice this year, and didn't make either one a game (including the 28-16 loss to Arizona)

I think Dak can be had if Dallas has to get into passing mode, and their defense is much more terrifying if they know you're stuck in pass mode.

Last edited:

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

Option C: They tie.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I hope they give Cam Lewis a real shot at FS down the stretch. He’s the only player on the roster that I think could actually hold up there. The idea of Rapp and Poyer next to each other is very concerning, both huge liabilities to get beat over the top.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
It's very complicated. However, if we beat Dallas we won't win tiebreakers with anybody and we're looking for enough teams to drop below 10-7 for us to sneak in in case we lose to Miami.

But if we lose to Dallas we can win tiebreakers with Indy, Houston, and it's possible to sneak by some teams that actually hold the H2H over us if Indy,Houston are involved at 10-7, because we'd currently lead in strength of victory.

Pittsburgh/Cleveland's tiebreakers are likely too good to overcome either way and we do not want them involved at 10-7.

I'm planning on posting a tiebreakers post next week sometime once we know the result of the Dallas game, although if the Bills win that game the easy answer is "forget about winning a wild card tiebreaker" (they technically could beat Baltimore in a tiebreaker if Baltimore falls apart and our loss is to the Patriots)

So...TL;DR answer: I'd root for whoever you think is less likely to pick up 2 more wins elsewhere the rest of the way since they play before the BUF-DAL game and obviously we want BUF to win that.

Based on the bolded I came to believing we want the Stealers to WIN because they will likely LOSE other games down the stretch.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Other than Miami, I'm not concerning myself too much with the out of town scoreboard, especially when our competitors are playing each other. The situation remains:

-Win out and we're most certainly in the playoffs (99%) and probably win the division (86%)
-One loss and we're probably in the playoffs but need some help (83%) and might win the division (43%)
-Two losses and we're most certainly missing the playoffs

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They could. But, it is the punter. It is one of the least important positions on this team. So, I do not think it is a MUST HAVE for this off season.
Eh, when you can bring 90 guys to camp, a 2nd punter instead of a 15th DL seems like a worthy exchange.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Other than Miami, I'm not concerning myself too much with the out of town scoreboard, especially when our competitors are playing each other. The situation remains:

-Win out and we're most certainly in the playoffs (99%) and probably win the division (86%)
-One loss and we're probably in the playoffs but need some help (83%) and might win the division (43%)
-Two losses and we're most certainly missing the playoffs

I still disagree. The Bills option is really the division. The schedules left for Cleveland Cincinnati Denver and Indy are too easy.

Cleveland will easily go 2-2 and finish at 10-7
Denver has Pats, Chargers and Raiders. They will finish 10-7. The Bills will be fighting with Bengals and Indy for the last spot. If either one finishes 10-7 the Bills are out unless they win the division.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I still disagree. The Bills option is really the division. The schedules left for Cleveland Cincinnati Denver and Indy are too easy.

Denver has Pats, Chargers and Raiders. They will finish 10-7. The Bills will be fighting with Bengals and Indy for the last spot. If either one finishes 10-7 the Bills are out unless they win the division.
Just win out and make it simple!

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

If only the nfl were that predictable.

Reactions: Sabreality

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
News around the AFC:

* Justin Jefferson is expected to play against the Bengals.

* CJ Stroud is expected NOT to play against the Titans.

* Guard Robert Hunt and Center Connor Williams will both sit out against the Jets, and both Center Liam Eichenberg and LT Terron Armstead are listed as questionable.

• Wow
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
News around the AFC:

* Justin Jefferson is expected to play against the Bengals.

* CJ Stroud is expected NOT to play against the Titans.

* Guard Robert Hunt and Center Connor Williams will both sit out against the Jets, and both Center Liam Eichenberg and LT Terron Armstead are listed as questionable.
Every QB struggles when the a team pressures them. Tua is eapecially bad. He melts under the pressure. Missing the two biggest pieces on his line could be disastrous for them.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Its fun to watch the other games and see what the %s are, but really, with 4 games left, the math is still simple:

Win all the games: in the playoffs, maybe the division
Win 3 out of 4: Very Likely playoffs
Win 2: Pray.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Its fun to watch the other games and see what the %s are, but really, with 4 games left, the math is still simple:

Win all the games: in the playoffs, maybe the division
Win 3 out of 4: Very Likely playoffs
Win 2: Pray.

And there is no god in buffalo…so win at least three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad