Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Lost in most of the discussion is Poyer and Hyde both getting absolutely smoked in the open field. That NEVER used to happen. I’m thinks thy are both washed at this point. Vet presence, but they just do not have the physical ability to be elite safeties anymore.

That was rough. I think not having Edmunds over the middle to help them out with pass coverage hurt more than we expected, as well. Bernard wasn't exactly a stud out there.

But yeah, I'm a bit surprised they both lost such a step apparently. We'll see if they can rebound.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Well, I'm never going back to MetLife after attending the last two games there. Nightmare stuff. Most everything has been covered here, but a few things stuck out to me.

Allen slightly underthowing Cook on the wheel right before halftime and their defender with the lucky blind breakup. That's a nail in the coffin 17-3 if he put a little more air or an extra yard on it.

Gotta figure out vertical strikes, but the offense was fine and Josh was patient and smart aside from the three crippling mistakes. He was taking all the easy underneath stuff. That's what makes it so frustrating, he was showing the improvements we want and then flushed it all down the toilet.

Kincaid needs more balls his way and I think they'll come. He is excellent. Come playoff time he's going to be a near-elite weapon.

There is major overreaction taking place. WGR morning show was embarrassing. Jets might be a top 5 team non-QB roster-wise. That was about as intense, pressure-filled of an opener imaginable. I think we're going to be fine and in the competitive mix all season.

PS the Jets crowd absolutely sucks. f*** them. 😂😂😂

Reactions: brian_griffin

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I'll be worried if games like this are still happening Week 15. Disappointing to watch but I don't think there's much to learn and there's a LOT of overreacting happening.

Duds happen, sucks that it was in the season opener and we lost in such a stupid manner. Wouldn't be the first of the McDermott era and someone said it before, nothing that isn't correctable.

On a different note, for the first time in my life, I felt a pang of sadness for the Jets and their fans. I didn't think Rodgers was gonna lead them to the Superbowl but it at least shoulda been a fun season. Now this might be the high point...

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I'll be worried if games like this are still happening Week 15. Disappointing to watch but I don't think there's much to learn and there's a LOT of overreacting happening.

Duds happen, sucks that it was in the season opener and we lost in such a stupid manner. Wouldn't be the first of the McDermott era and someone said it before, nothing that isn't correctable.

On a different note, for the first time in my life, I felt a pang of sadness for the Jets and their fans. I didn't think Rodgers was gonna lead them to the Superbowl but it at least shoulda been a fun season. Now this might be the high point...
exactly. bengals got smoked. chiefs lost in a similarly close game to ours. week 1 results were all over the place. it’s basically still the pre-season from a starter’s perspective. let’s see how we look in weeks 8-10. that’s when you really start to get an idea of who’s good

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Did he though? I'm not about to pay for All-22 access, so I can waste more of my life watching replays of a horrendous game I didn't particularly enjoy watching the first time around. Especially for the sake of an online argument. But I'm having trouble finding anything to support that.

Man, that is just a whole lotta senseless conjecture. I mean, to suggest that Allen would make any play other than the best play he perceived to be available just to make a point to his own coaches... that's hot garbage.
It's 100% conjecture, that's why I said it "seems". It might be senseless to you but athletes are more than capable of doing something stupid to spite a coach they don't agree with. I'm not saying he lost the game on purpose but I do think he did stupid shit in the game to prove a point he thinks he had.

Epenesa seemed to hold the edge well against the run, had a tfl and had good push imo

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Lael Collins is now available...

I said this yesterday but it seemed like Josh was almost having a teenage melt down.

The first int, he had about 3-4 yards of wide open space on the roll-out and a CB to beat (he routinely does) for the remaining 4 yards. Instead he chucks a terrible ball to Harty who is double covered. It felt like "well this is what happens when I don't use my legs, Sean".

In the second quarter he took off and got the first down and then tried to split two defenders for a huge gain but was hit by both. McDermott then told him to use his head.

He then inexplicably took a huge hit towards halftime on a play that was never converting, it was such a stupid play but he felt he needed to do it for some reason.

The second half seems like he just abandoned everything Dorsey was saying in check downs and it ultimately cost his team the game. Dorsey isn't free and clear but this was definitely a Josh problem.

I am really hoping that whatever this is/was humbled Josh, Sean and Ken because they all need to figure it the f*** out.

Josh needs to stop the happy feet, if that is throwing with anticipation or taking what the defense is giving, f***ing do it. He also needs to slide or avoid these big hits.

Sean needs to understand Josh is gunna take risks, live with them but work with Dorsey to figure out how to get him his fix without it killing him.

Ken needs to work with Josh, throw in some designed QB runs, get creative with protection (bring in a 6th lineman for all I care) so that he can let his cannon lose.

Josh did *seem* humbled after the game in his presser, let's see if it is all talk because we still have KC/Cinci/Dallas/Philly/Dolphinsx2/Jets. All have good to great dlines who will push the pocket
Orlovsky called Josh out of control

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I feel like the coach blaming is getting out of hand the QB should know not to force a throw downfield when it's not there and take the easy 1st down. It's up to Allen if he wants to change or not bottom line. I really doubt the coaches are not telling him the same.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Sad as hell. The roller coaster reporting of the story added a lot of pain to an already terrible time.

Mike was such a fantastic athlete and on top of that, he was a really nice kid who came out of the toughest of circumstances in Buffalo. He was incredible for Riverside in both Yale Cup basketball and Harvard Cup football. He was really a force of nature to go up against as a teenager.

The way his NFL career withered was such a bummer to all of us who came up with him. But it was still an incredible testament to his talent and drive that he made it to the highest level, especially knowing where he came from.

RIP Mike Williams.

Reactions: Sansbacon

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 8.19.55 PM.png

---

:laugh:
1694564688714.png

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Amazing how different the same play can look in two different views:

Same play All-22

View attachment 742687

I've always been guy fixated on the o-line, but man the Jets were just giving us low hanging fruit all night.

Allen just refused to take it.

I think he wanted Kincaid on the corner route, got to it a hair too late, and tried to go back to Knox, but by then, Brown was getting pushed into him. Probably should've just hit Knox for the free 5 yards and change immediately. Can't go broke taking a profit.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

My concern is more with Allen. He's always had a gunslinger mentality, but something has been off with him for a while now. I read a stat that he has average 2 TOs a game since the start of the 2022 season. That's wild.

Does anyone remember when he had the longest streak without a TO in the redzone? He needs to get it figured out, or else we're not going to reach the levels we hope. There's still time, but I'd be lying if this trend of back breaking TOs isn't a bit worrisome.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I am giving the entire NFL a one week pass. Gotta take the week 1 pledge just like pre season. Doe's anyone actually think the Bills Chiefs and Bengals will ever all lose again on the same week this season? Doubt it.

Reactions: Zman5778

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am giving the entire NFL a one week pass. Gotta take the week 1 pledge just like pre season. Doe's anyone actually think the Bills Chiefs and Bengals will ever all lose again on the same week this season? Doubt it.
Are the next Bengals-Browns game and Jets-Bills game on the same weekend?

Just like the Jets frustrate Allen, the Browns frustrate Burrow. I think Cleveland is 5-1 in their last 6 games vs the Bengals.

Some teams are much harder matchups than people would expect on paper.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Would be a great parlay. 16 weekends remaining, and 3 weekends they play each other, so 13 weekends where the above could happen. Odds would be quite low it (all 3 teams losing) would happen - 3 discrete events at 50% probability not factoring quality of opponent, injuries, home vs. road, other factors, the odds are already 1/8 on any given weekend, so cut that by say another 50% for the factors cited above to 1/16. Another way of thinking of it is how many losses for each of those teams this year? Say 4.5 per team on average so total of 13.5, but 3 of those losses will be in the 3 head-to-head games and another 3 of those losses already happened Wk 1, so there are 13 remaining weeks for 7.5 losses total, round up to 8.

13 weeks for an assumed 1/16 probability event to happen once? Probably pay at 100-1.

Last edited:

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Allen needs to channel his inner Tom Brady and just take what the defense gives.
Nobody cares about the huge bombs or Kyle Brandt angry runs. Sure they look cool and get click bait but you know what matters? Winning. Tom Brady almost never through deep shots, it was all quick passes, short yards and continuous first downs. Pat Mahomes to his credit has changed his game to this with all the teams playing 2 Shell.

The good news is Josh is capable talent wise, is he capable mentally to swallow his ego and become a winner?

Take what the defense gives you!

AND from Sean McDermott, "Winning is an all the time thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad