Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Allen had a dud game. How it played out was particularly frustrating... what else is new for Buffalo... but it was the season opener with some rust to shake off and against an elite defense that always gives him fits.

I do think Allen has been particularly bad under pressure ever since 13 seconds. Seems like any time expectations rise now, you can see the sweat and that thousand yard stare. I think once Rodgers went out, he kinda went into "everyone expects us to bulldoze these guys now" mode and it blew up on him.

If he's still pulling that crap so unsuccessfully next week, I'll start to worry.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Looking at their 2023 Regular Season stats is not cherry picking them from one game.
What are you talking about? The person I was responding to only used stats from each player's first game to prove a point. Which was ridiculous and proves absolutely nothing. He wasn't looking at last season at all.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What are you talking about? The person I was responding to only used stats from each player's first game to prove a point. Which was ridiculous and proves absolutely nothing. He wasn't looking at last season at all.
And that was because they were responding to me talking about how Burrow had a brutal week one against a team that has given him fits. I believe I read or heard that the Browns are 5-1 in their last 6 games vs the Bengals.

The Jets might be that team for Allen and the Bills right now.

So, if you don't want to lose your mind over Burrow looking horribad in week one, then perhaps taking that same approach to Allen's first game of the year would be a good idea, as well...

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Number of Super Bowl appearances for Josh Allen: 0
Number of Super Bowl appearances for Joe Burrow: 1

A track record of success? A track record of choking in fewer than 100% of overtime games?
52-25 regular season record indicates Allen has had success. Burrows, who you claim has had a lot more success than Allen is 24-18-1 in the Regular season. Playoffs? Allen is 4-4 with a 99.6 QB rating while Burrows is 5-2 with a 93.8 QB Rating.

Suggesting Allen choked that game against KC is asinine and shows everyone that your opinion is pretty worthless.

At the end of their respective careers, It's the only stat that matters besides SB wins.
So Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.....?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Everyone is overlooking the alternative hypothesis:

Maybe the NFL should return to 4 preseason games and drop week 18 / game 17?
I was just talking to someone about that.

Old way pre-season:
Game 1: starters get a quarter-ish
Game 2: starters get a quarter-ish
Game 3: Starters get a half
Game 4: no starters

Overall, starters get about a game of action spread out over 3 games, witha 2 week break before the regualr season.

New way pre-season:
Game 1: starters get a quarter-ish
Game 2: starters get a quarter-ish
Game 3: no starters / limited starters

Overall, starters get about half the action of the old way. Bills had stinkers against the Steelers and Jets, and a great game against the Rams in the 3 pre-season era.

Piling on...

Objectively, Allen (and Gabe Davis) definitely balled-out in the KC 13 seconds game.

Subjectively, Allen's hair may be the longest I've seen since his 1st season. Get a haircut, on-field performance / jitters / decisions will be solved.
I know a barber....

Reactions: brian_griffin

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Or, maybe it's just that the Jets D gives them fits...

Kind of like how the Browns D gives the Bengals fits and nobody is having this type of meltdown over the fact that Joe Burrow and Co only put up 3 points last week.
I think they definitely deserve credit but he’s been relatively wonky for more than just this game

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Looking at their 2023 Regular Season stats is not cherry picking them from one game.

Allen was bad week 1.

So was Burrow.

The narrative around each guy is vastly different.

There's a very good reason the narrative around each is different. If Allen had missed all of training camp and the entire preseason, a lot of people would be saying the rust makes a lot sense and to give him some time.

Burrow has that excuse, Allen does not.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

That voice sure does sound familiar...

:oops:

Good on Maddy for addressing immediately, and I'm sure she's being truthful and it was 100% playful, but man the social media community is gonna run with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

That voice sure does sound familiar...

:oops:

Good on Maddy for addressing immediately, and I'm sure she's being truthful and it was 100% playful, but man the social media community is gonna run with this.

Who gives a flying fig? We've waited all year for these 18 weeks. Our focus should be on football - not who said what to whom. Let the Bills and Diggs deal with Maddy. Let the courts deal with Pegula and Trotter. Let's go get drunk, Bobby (O'Shea.)

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
52-25 regular season record indicates Allen has had success. Burrows, who you claim has had a lot more success than Allen is 24-18-1 in the Regular season. Playoffs? Allen is 4-4 with a 99.6 QB rating while Burrows is 5-2 with a 93.8 QB Rating.

Suggesting Allen choked that game against KC is asinine and shows everyone that your opinion is pretty worthless.

So Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.....?
I agree with you - I was being sarcastic in an attempt to illustrate to someone what i thought they were doing.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

The thing I can’t get past with the Bills offense is that they have a guy who wants to throw downfield to receivers and run it himself…and they gave him 2 TE, a pass catching back and the coach doesn’t want him to run.

These aren’t new developments.

If you want Jimmy Garoppolo at QB f***ing go get Jimmy Garoppolo. But stop building an offense for him when you have Josh Allen.

Beane is shopping for the wrong ingredients and then Dorsey follows up by sending them where the QB doesn’t throw. All while captain clap along tells Allen not to run. They’ve taken everything that makes him him and said do the opposite.

Yards per route run... what a cool stat to illustrate the value of a player in a single game, especially his first one. Really tells you a lot.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

“It’s just one game,” a rival executive said. “Teams really don’t know what they have until they’ve played three or four games. The good teams go on a run later in the season.”

Bills​

As we pointed out last week, NFL evaluators had two concerns about the Bills: their lack of a traditional running game and the situation surrounding wide receiver Stefon Diggs.

Both were problematic during a stunning 22-16 loss to the New York Jets. Excluding quarterback Josh Allen, the Bills ran 16 times for 61 yards, including seven carries for 21 yards as they blew a 13-3 second-half lead.

An executive also echoed a concern that was broached by Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and Ryan Fitzpatrick on the ESPN2 broadcast: Did Allen force his second interception into the end zone as a way to appease Diggs?

Allen turned it over four times, a major issue on its own, and two of his three picks were unnecessarily risky deep balls. So maybe the observation related to Diggs was overblown. Or maybe it’s something that needs to continue to be monitored throughout the season, especially if Allen’s turnovers snowball.

The Bills gave away a victory on a night when the Jets were shellshocked by quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ injury. The AFC East title may be up for grabs.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
It's pure speculation. But my gut tells me this is a move a coach makes when he thinks his team won't be able to focus on game prep if they're practicing in LV near the strip.
Cirris, I think it's more about weather and time zone acclimation myself. Likely over thinking though. Players generally like there family's and own beds.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 2.01.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 2.04.01 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad