Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
It's also partially on Allen. He gets happy feet way too often and scrambles himself into pressures. It happened a ton the 2nd half of last year, it happened in the preseason, and it happened tonight. He's GOT to fix it and hang in the pocket and get through his progressions when it's being adequately blocked, which, considering the opposition and their strength's tonight, it largely was.
Josh was running in his head prior to the snap on 50% of the plays tonight.

Really hope the entire offense gets their stuff together quickly, or it's going to be a very long season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Allen should play more golf, go on TV more and keep being Hollywood. Win a f***ing super bowl then you can be like that

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
The Jets didn't beat anyone. Josh beat himself. At first I thought he wasn't expecting the snap on the last fumble then a replay showed his hands move. Maybe they were reacting after the ball began unexpectedly coming towards him. The game was reminiscent of rookie Josh Allen.
Bottom line! Dumb football again by Josh Allen that the Bills often get away with, but this time it cost them dearly with a loss. Eliminate the bone headed mistakes and they cruise to the win over the Wilson led Jets. Better fix this in a hurry.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I am totally on Diggs side. He is the true heart of the team. He shows up every game. And always tries.
Are you implying that Allen isn’t trying? Because that can’t be further from the truth. The real issue is that Allen is trying too hard. He won’t take a slow approach. They gave him 5 yard options all night and Allen would get impatient once he got to the 40 yard line.

Also interesting, it seemed like Allen wanted to target sauce. It seemed like an arrogant targeting. He has done that before against elite CBs.

It’s a fine line between superhero and stupid. Last night he was more stupid than he was superhero.

For the first time in a while, bills are no longer the betting favorite to win the division. Week 4 looms large.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
meh, I always expected a split with the Jets, take care of business at home. Jets D is real, Week 1 overreactions, its September. Lots of bad football by good teams across the league week 1.

Reactions: Kupo and cramdizzl

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
meh, I always expected a split with the Jets, take care of business at home. Jets D is real, Week 1 overreactions, its September. Lots of bad football by good teams across the league week 1.
For me, it isn’t that we lost, it is how we lost. This was “week 1 bad” this was “falling apart bad” and that has me very, very worried.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I will say cook cannot break a tackle or pass protect
I wanted more Murray. Cook’s got track speed but little wiggle or strength as a runner. Hated the one 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter where Allen dumped it off to him and he basically turned to absorb a hit from a LB short of the sticks instead of trying to make him miss to get the first.

Reactions: K8fool

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
My biggest concern is this is now like game 5 or so out of the last 12-ish (estimating) where Allen’s gone full idiot mode repeatedly, he and the coaching staff talk about it being a learning experience, cleaning things up, etc. and then he goes out and keeps making the same dumb mistakes.

It seems like both Allen and the brain trust need to adjust their processes during the week and/or in games to prevent this from continually derailing them

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My biggest concern is this is now like game 5 or so out of the last 12-ish (estimating) where Allen’s gone full idiot mode repeatedly, he and the coaching staff talk about it being a learning experience, cleaning things up, etc. and then he goes out and keeps making the same dumb mistakes.

It seems like both Allen and the brain trust need to adjust their processes during the week and/or in games to prevent this from continually derailing them
The challenge is that I do not know that the coaches can change Josh Allen getting vapor lock once plays break down or the pressure comes and he tries to go into hero mode.

Maybe they need Joe Brady and Kyle Allen to just keep telling him to play smart. But, Josh seems incapable of it and has too much of the Brett Favre gunslinger mentality.

Jordan Palmer has talked about how Josh needs to be smarter, especially when it comes to stuff like the unnecessary hits he took last night when it wasn't the difference between a 1st down or not. We saw McD yelling at Josh that he needs to be smart. And Allen seems incapable of it.

But, with all the downsides of the risks he takes, you also get plays like the TD to Diggs.

That is why this shirt exists.

Capture.PNG

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Chiefs lost, Bengals lost and the Jets (potentially) lost Rogers... waste of a golden opportunity to get one up on the field.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The challenge is that I do not know that the coaches can change Josh Allen getting vapor lock once plays break down or the pressure comes and he tries to go into hero mode.

Maybe they need Joe Brady and Kyle Allen to just keep telling him to play smart. But, Josh seems incapable of it and has too much of the Brett Favre gunslinger mentality.

Jordan Palmer has talked about how Josh needs to be smarter, especially when it comes to stuff like the unnecessary hits he took last night when it wasn't the difference between a 1st down or not. We saw McD yelling at Josh that he needs to be smart. And Allen seems incapable of it.

But, with all the downsides of the risks he takes, you also get plays like the TD to Diggs.

That is why this shirt exists.

View attachment 742470

I generally agree, and he had some mind-numbing plays with Daboll, too, but it feels like the back-breaking "what the **** are you doing" sequences have increased in both frequency and levels of stupidity under Dorsey. Hunting for a kill shot while up 1 or 2 scores and instead throwing a deep pick into double coverage has basically become a weekly staple since the 2nd half of the Packers game last year, and I don't remember seeing that happen as often during prior seasons.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I was not excited for this team going into the season. Least excited I’ve been in years. Bad off-season vibes. A coach who should’ve been removed two years ago and clearly plateaued. Two division rivals that have far superior rosters.

The one hope was that we have Superman at QB. I did not foresee his demise. He really seems to be a headcase right now. Need to get him a shrink. Also new coaches. I’m dead serious about that. They aren’t going anywhere without a new set of eyes. Complacency is killing the organization.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
This team is able to do the death by thousand papercuts when duty calls for it. We saw it against the Patriots, the game-winning drives against the Ravens and Dolphins. They CAN focus on just moving the chains by getting the short yards. Consistently inconsistent is the theme since the 2nd half of the Packers game last year.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
My friends and I have been talking about this. I think GB figured something out and the league copied it. I think it’s about coverage, and some kind of disguise. Whatever it is, it sucks
Ditto for my group of friends. It all started in the 2nd half of that GB game. Offense hasn't been the same since.

And the HC shouldn't be the HC anymore. They need an offensive coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad