Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Another year of ignoring offensive needs. Another year of Allen and Diggs and nothing else.

be mad about Allen’s mistakes. But recognize Beane and company have again sent him out with a poor line, one receiver and a coordinator who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Because one of those things happened this week. The rest happen every week.

Reactions: StlSwedes

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
That was one of the worst Allen games I’ve seen.

Man that game hurts. Jets and Dolphins have passed us. Tua outplayed Allen and made him look inferior.

Allen needs to lock in. Bring back Brittany. No more Natalie Benfield!

Reactions: paulmm3

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The offensive game plan was absolute garbage. No creativity. How many times is Dorsey going to call the sprint draw to Cook? As an example.

Allen compounded thing by being bad. But what a waste of talent.

I’ve wrote this before: get Allen in a west coast scheme. The downfield attack isn’t going to sustain much.
Dorsey was absolute garbage for most of the night, but on the Diggs pick, it seemed like Allen predetermined he was going deep, and on the Davis one, he had Kincaid running across the middle wide open for an easy pitch and catch for a first down. It just seems like Allen gets into an attack mentality and Dorsey eggs it on, whereas Daboll seemed to do a much better job of reigning him in and getting him to play with calmer, calculated aggression, as opposed to the chaotic, bad decision making shit that JA's been on for the better part of half a season and counting.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Daniel Jones or Josh for worst QB performance of week 1? At least Jones has the sieve OL as an excuse but I thought our OL was actually decent in pass protection.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
They did last year too. They have a better team. The Bills have a mediocre roster with a chaotic good quarterback who usually can overcome poor play calling and middling talent, but man, when he is off, it is baaaaad.
The Bills gave up the 2nd least points in the league last year other than a meh offensive line and RBs they are pretty damn good everywhere else.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm not a jump to over reactions but Dorsey isn't it. I can't remember the last time a wife receiver was schemed open. I don't think Josh like Dorsey's play calls nor do the rest of the team.
The biggest thing they miss from Daboll days is the occasional easy 15-20 yard pass to a guy running free that can turn into 25-30+. Feels like all of those intermediate completions under Dorsey are just Allen rifling the ball to Diggs in tight coverage.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Spencer Brown must have something on McDermott and Beane.

False start on first play of OT.

Then Dorsey calls 2nd and 15 a shotgun run up the middle.

4 turnovers by Allen.

What did we think was going to happen.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I'm not sure Allen reads defenses well enough or has the mentality to run a west coast offense...
This. He doesn't read defense. He wins on pure athletic ability. He forces himself to make perfect throws by forcing the ball into double coverage constantly. Watch the tape, there's open receivers.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
That game is squarely on josh Allen. Not the o coordinator. Not the o line. Not the WRs.

They dared him to dink and dunk and Allen refused to do it. They used his arm arrogance against him. They absolutely have his number.

If Rodgers is out any length of time, the jets are exactly who they were last year.

This. He doesn't read defense. He wins on pure athletic ability. He forces himself to make perfect throws by forcing the ball into double coverage constantly. Watch the tape, there's open receivers.
There are open receivers for every QB. No one legitimately reads the whole field. It isn’t possible.

Reactions: Steddy33

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
That game is squarely on josh Allen. Not the o coordinator. Not the o line. Not the WRs.

They dared him to dink and dunk and Allen refused to do it. They used his arm arrogance against him. They absolutely have his number.

If Rodgers is out any length of time, the jets are exactly who they were last year.
This is 100% correct. Whole shit ton excuse making going on

This is 100% correct. Whole shit ton of excuse making going on

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site

There are open receivers for every QB. No one legitimately reads the whole field. It isn’t possible.
That’s my thought. Jets still don’t make the playoffs. This was their Super Bowl.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The Jets are an elite defense, period. The issue for the Jets is going to be the bad o-line. Our pass rush is mid and they were chasing Wilson around all game. Old man Rodgers on a gimp ankle is going to take a beating.

My biggest concern is how overmatched Morse was all game and the bad snap late in the 4th.

Davis was a non factor. Cook isn't fast enough to the outside, at least vs this Jets D.

The run D calmed down quite a bit after the big tear by Hall.

Kinda the same thing as last year:

Not enough playmakers, questionable O-line play. Defense was fine. I still think this is a 10+ win team.

In the end though, it's about playing your best football in January.

It's a shitty game to lose, for sure. especially in the division. But, its a 17 game season.

Learn some lessons, move on.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012

Obviously. Does this even need to be said? But finding that open receiver more often than not is what sets the best apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad