Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
When Allen has a night like this we’re dead.

meanwhile the Jets can lose their HOF QB and claw back with a bum because the coordinator can rely on the run game and occasionally scheme open a throw even Wilson can’t miss.

Do you see the problem? That this offense only moved when they had no choice but to play up tempo and target Diggs all the way down the field?

What does Dorsey do for this offense? What does Beane do for it?

Its Allen and Diggs and you either live by it or die by it because no one else is going to help.

Reactions: Cirris and stealth1

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Jets beat us with a back up QB. Let that sink in.

The Jets didn't beat anyone. Josh beat himself. At first I thought he wasn't expecting the snap on the last fumble then a replay showed his hands move. Maybe they were reacting after the ball began unexpectedly coming towards him. The game was reminiscent of rookie Josh Allen.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Another year of ignoring offensive needs. Another year of Allen and Diggs and nothing else.

be mad about Allen’s mistakes. But recognize Beane and company have again sent him out with a poor line, one receiver and a coordinator who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Because one of those things happened this week. The rest happen every week.
It’s a better loss to have in week 1 than week 14. This is a humbling smack in the face. They needed it. Take away JA’s galaxy brain plays and we win.

Diggs, Davis, Knox, Kincaid, Cook. If you want to criticize Beane, that’s fine. But Allen has weapons. What he doesn’t have is time in the pocket. That’s on Beane.

JA threw the ball 41 times and had a 70% completion percentage. The 3 INTS and the fumble is why this game was lost. It’s ok to put the blame on him tonight. I’m sure he’s blaming himself more than anyone right now. Shit happens. 1st game if the year. Prime time. Playing against one of the elite defenses in the league.

There was A LOT of good we saw in that game though. It’s being overlooked and that understandable.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Terrible game from Allen. I think they'll come back strong next week, but way less fun and laughs early in this game and more thousand yard stares. Kinda wonder if the pressure is getting to him, making bad decisions while he goes out there doing things he thinks Josh Allen would do.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'm not sure Allen reads defenses well enough or has the mentality to run a west coast offense...
Favre did. Allen can too.
Another year of ignoring offensive needs. Another year of Allen and Diggs and nothing else.

be mad about Allen’s mistakes. But recognize Beane and company have again sent him out with a poor line, one receiver and a coordinator who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Because one of those things happened this week. The rest happen every week.
Had nothing to do with having one receiver. See below.
Dorsey was absolute garbage for most of the night, but on the Diggs pick, it seemed like Allen predetermined he was going deep, and on the Davis one, he had Kincaid running across the middle wide open for an easy pitch and catch for a first down. It just seems like Allen gets into an attack mentality and Dorsey eggs it on, whereas Daboll seemed to do a much better job of reigning him in and getting him to play with calmer, calculated aggression, as opposed to the chaotic, bad decision making shit that JA's been on for the better part of half a season and counting.
It was just dumb game planning. The Jets bring pressure from the front four, and go into a cover 6 shell all the time. If you go 2 receivers to a side, that’s the side where the coverage puts a CB and safety deep over one half the field. The the other safety has the other half.

When you attack cover 6, it has to be balanced deep receivers. You want to take the CB and wide safety deep, and attack the middle and underneath. It’s not super hard to game plan for.

Dorsey decides to slot Diggs for most of the night with Davis as the X. So the Jets play the strong side of the Cover 6 against them. Knox and Kincaid are in tight on the other side. That was a ton of the formation calls. Knox is no threat to the wide safety (#3 for the Jets), who was free to play almost like a cover 1 safety.

Stupid.

Bills needed to play 12 balanced or at least trips with both tight ends, and attack underneath and middle.

If you think getting another receiver was going to fix tonight, you don’t understand how NFL game planning works.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

meanwhile the Jets can lose their HOF QB and claw back with a bum because the coordinator can rely on the run game and occasionally scheme open a throw even Wilson can’t miss.

Do you see the problem? That this offense only moved when they had no choice but to play up tempo and target Diggs all the way down the field?

Its Allen and Diggs and you either live by it or die by it because no one else is going to help.
I'll give Beane some credit for this offseason (interior OL guys, Kincaid, some improvement at depth WR), but just assuming that Spencer Brown would be fine and that Davis would be a quality #2 were questionable choices at best.

Dorsey can kick rocks. I still can't believe they went out of shotgun the entire game, basically dared the Jets DL to tee off, and his only solution is calling a billion draw sweeps and having Allen run his way out of trouble.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It’s a better loss to have in week 1 than week 14. This is a humbling smack in the face. They needed it. Take away JA’s galaxy brain plays and we win.

Diggs, Davis, Knox, Kincaid, Cook. If you want to criticize Beane, that’s fine. But Allen has weapons. What he doesn’t have is time in the pocket. That’s on Beane.

JA threw the ball 41 times and had a 70% completion percentage. The 3 INTS and the fumble is why this game was lost. It’s ok to put the blame on him tonight. I’m sure he’s blaming himself more than anyone right now. Shit happens. 1st game if the year. Prime time. Playing against one of the elite defenses in the league.

There was A LOT of good we saw in that game though. It’s being overlooked and that understandable.

It's also partially on Allen. He gets happy feet way too often and scrambles himself into pressures. It happened a ton the 2nd half of last year, it happened in the preseason, and it happened tonight. He's GOT to fix it and hang in the pocket and get through his progressions when it's being adequately blocked, which, considering the opposition and their strength's tonight, it largely was.

Reactions: Kupo and kirby11

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Yeaaaa….Allen does that
Not nearly enough. He throws perfect passes into double coverage much more than he needs to. He is a great quarterback. But his biggest weakness is easily his ability to read defense and check down to open guys. He absolutely refuses to do it some games and more often than not in most games.

Reactions: kirby11

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

But defense, gotta save those picks for defense. God forbid we have a good oline, which by the way, the best football out of Allen was when our oline was playing its best.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

Jets making the most of their pressures or Allen putting/leaving himself in a position to be hit or tackled?

edit...interesting. and here I wanted to give some of you grief for the x.com tweets that don't load and I almost did the same thing even though I am using twitter.com. Then thought I could change the url from x.com to twitter.com and the embed would work but seeming not.

edit two...okay, you can change it to twitter.com however if you don't notice the x.com first then hfboards picks it up as a url instead of media so you need to change that part as well

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I think when people see the All-22 they'll see a ton of stuff open underneath that Allen just flat out ignored for large portions of this game.

I love the kill shot and the gun slinger mentality, but Josh has to settle down and get into a rhythm more often.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

It was just dumb game planning. The Jets bring pressure from the front four, and go into a cover 6 shell all the time. If you go 2 receivers to a side, that’s the side where the coverage puts a CB and safety deep over one half the field. The the other safety has the other half.

When you attack cover 6, it has to be balanced deep receivers. You want to take the CB and wide safety deep, and attack the middle and underneath. It’s not super hard to game plan for.

Dorsey decides to slot Diggs for most of the night with Davis as the X. So the Jets play the strong side of the Cover 6 against them. Knox and Kincaid are in tight on the other side. That was a ton of the formation calls. Knox is no threat to the wide safety (#3 for the Jets), who was free to play almost like a cover 1 safety.

Stupid.

Bills needed to play 12 balanced or at least trips with both tight ends, and attack underneath and middle.

If you think getting another receiver was going to fix tonight, you don’t understand how NFL game planning works.
Was hoping Kincaid would be the answer/easy button for this, but it didn't come to fruition much tonight.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Stupid.

Yup.

As bad as the turnovers were, Dorsey is the biggest concern coming out of this game. Outcoached again, a concerning trend that was excusable his rookie year, but that excuse is gone. He needs to do better.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
They were supposed to have more short to intermediate routes. It seemed as the game went on the average distance of his throws kept increasing. I wonder if we can get a quarterly breakdown of his average target depth to see if this was the case or not.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It's also partially on Allen. He gets happy feet way too often and scrambles himself into pressures. It happened a ton the 2nd half of last year, it happened in the preseason, and it happened tonight. He's GOT to fix it and hang in the pocket and get through his progressions when it's being adequately blocked, which, considering the opposition and their strength's tonight, it largely was.

You’re 100% correct. He does get happy feet as soon as he feels the pocket start to buckle. That’s a sign of him having no trust in the Oline.

We saw QB’s like Brady, Manning, even Kelly and Marino hang in those pockets an extra second or two which was enough time to go through their progressions.

I do wonder, what decisions does Allen make knowing he has that luxury in the backfield?

Was hoping Kincaid would be the answer/easy button for this, but it didn't come to fruition much tonight.

On the contrary, I loved what I saw from Kincaid tonight. 4/4 for 26. He’ll get more reps. Not a bad rookie showing from him at all.

They were supposed to have more short to intermediate routes. It seemed as the game went on the average distance of his throws kept increasing. I wonder if we can get a quarterly breakdown of his average target depth to see if this was the case or not.

Josh was nailing those short passes. It was goin fine till he started Brett Faving the tits out of that football and forcing plays instead of giving taking what the defense was giving him.

Again, disappointing shit. But very correctable.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Best case scenario is that next year Dorsey is long gone, Kincaid will be ready for his year 2 breakout, Beane will have no choice but to finally address #2 WR and replace Spencer Brown with an NFL player.

Only chance we’ve got.

They’ll probably just add another pass rusher

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think when people see the All-22 they'll see a ton of stuff open underneath that Allen just flat out ignored for large portions of this game.

I love the kill shot and the gun slinger mentality, but Josh has to settle down and get into a rhythm more often.
Exactly. This one is on Allen. It's only week one, but some of these flaws in Allen's game are becoming a tendency.

I mean, they were up 10 points, and Zach Wilson was the opposing QB. If there ever was a game for a QB to play it safe...it was this game.

Still week one, though. Hopefully, the flaws get ironed out.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The Jets didn't beat anyone. Josh beat himself. At first I thought he wasn't expecting the snap on the last fumble then a replay showed his hands move. Maybe they were reacting after the ball began unexpectedly coming towards him. The game was reminiscent of rookie Josh Allen.
It's like somebody distracted Josh or morse suddenly hiked the ball early ( like they both became rookies again, hmmm). It had the feel of the saint's viking diggs fake miracle. I fn hate the niffle. Fook it. Maybe sports are as messed tech as burning man

Love Josh and the team, hate the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad