Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
stop having Josh on 3rd and a yard or less go shotgun.
Agreed, it makes things really predictable for the defense.

At some point, despite the new age passing, football teams need to grind out drives. Backs like Fournette can do that for a team.

Fournette is listed at 228 pounds. He looks like he's around 250.

Reactions: oldgoalie

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm looking forward to Sunday. I don't think Cincy is a well oiled machine (yet) and I think McDermott will have different looks/wrinkles ready to give Burrow some fits.

And of course, the offense will have to come alive. Given how much the Bengals are running their mouths this week and the Bills remember the last game, I expect them to come ready to play ala the Dolphins game.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Fournette is listed at 228 pounds. He looks like he's around 250.
1699048964047.png

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I really like all three of Beane's moves.

I fear 3rd and 2 yards of less situations for the Bills. They've needed a sledgehammer back like Fournette for a long time. Dorsey also needs a sustainment drive back, and a close out back. Harris was supposed to be that guy but he was hurt repeatedly.

The Bills are habitually bad at being up in games and sustaining drives to close them out. In the game against Tampa Bay, you just hammer the defense with Fournette in the second half and close those games out.

Joseph is the space eater the team needs. Just eat two blocks, let the other fast guys get freed up to move. Very smart, wish Beane had time earlier.

Douglas is needed. It's clear Elam was hurt/struggling, and Jackson isn't going to get it done long term opposite Benford.

These are the non-flashy moves Super Bowl contenders make.
I hear what you’re saying you want, but I’d temper expectations with regard to Fournette. He’s been one of the least effective backs in the nfl the last couple seasons. He can fill a role, but I mostly think he’s just Harris’s replacement and Lat’s backup.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
If Josh doesn't get it because the offense has "looked bad", then Mahomes won't get it either and it will go to Tua or Tyreek Hill.

KC had 0 offensive TDs and 5 turnovers in a loss to a Denver defense that had a 70 burger hung on them by the Dolphins.
How about CMC?

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Anyone else sick of the Bengals and there false motivations ? This time it's a ex Bill's player (McKittrick) saying the Bills would won if the playoff game if it was in a dome.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I like Burrow. He's a fun QB to watch when a healthy, at least has a personality, and never seems to start the shit talking. But the rest of the Bengals are annoying as hell.

I like the moves Beane has made and am more optimistic about the long term success of this season, but don't think they move the needle enough this week. We've been playing with fire the last 3 weeks (I'm giving them a full pass for the Jags game), and it feels like a resurgent Bengals are gonna make us pay. Could be a good thing.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I like Burrow. He's a fun QB to watch when a healthy, at least has a personality, and never seems to start the shit talking. But the rest of the Bengals are annoying as hell.

I like the moves Beane has made and am more optimistic about the long term success of this season, but don't think they move the needle enough this week. We've been playing with fire the last 3 weeks (I'm giving them a full pass for the Jags game), and it feels like a resurgent Bengals are gonna make us pay. Could be a good thing.
Yeah. I think it'll take time for the new guys to learn the playbook, communication, and their role. Im more optimistic now about this team in the foreseeable future than I was a week ago, though.

I really like the moves Beane made over the past few days.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I hear what you’re saying you want, but I’d temper expectations with regard to Fournette. He’s been one of the least effective backs in the nfl the last couple seasons. He can fill a role, but I mostly think he’s just Harris’s replacement and Lat’s backup.
I’d use him specifically:

Short yardage
Goal line
Close out situations

Aside from that, it’s Cook and Murray

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I’d use him specifically:

Short yardage
Goal line
Close out situations

Aside from that, it’s Cook and Murray
That's exactly what I don't want; It clues opposing coordinators in, and allows them to field the best lineup possible for that particular down.

What I'd prefer they do is take advantage of Fournette's 0.80 career catch percentage, get him out in the open and let opposing defensive backs make those "business decisions".

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I like the optimism around here, but I think the Bills are gonna get beat and handily. Burrow is healthy and is gonna have a field day against this secondary. I think Cincy wins by 2 touchdowns. Nothing would make me happier than being wrong about that.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Let me tell you about 9/19/2021. Fournette rushed 15 times for 66 yards. Long of 69 yards.

That’s what we need. That’s the kind of rushing we see against the Bills all the time whether it’s Henry or the Pats. We contain all game but 1 long run.
Let him do that!

Also in college he went 7 rushes for 249 and 3 TDs. Would love for him to replicate that.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Let me tell you about 9/19/2021. Fournette rushed 15 times for 66 yards. Long of 69 yards.

That’s what we need. That’s the kind of rushing we see against the Bills all the time whether it’s Henry or the Pats. We contain all game but 1 long run.
Let him do that!

Also in college he went 7 rushes for 249 and 3 TDs. Would love for him to replicate that.
Beane said he has liked Fournette since his draft interview in 2014 when Carolina took McCaffrey.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
That's exactly what I don't want; It clues opposing coordinators in, and allows them to field the best lineup possible for that particular down.

What I'd prefer they do is take advantage of Fournette's 0.80 career catch percentage, get him out in the open and let opposing defensive backs make those "business decisions".
Sometimes offenses need to line up and run the ball well even though the defense knows it’s coming. Championship teams do that.

Buffalo needs to do that.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
KC looks like themselves again on the first drive. And Miami’s defense looked like Swiss cheese. This game should be very interesting. Go Chiefs :cry::squint:

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
KC looks like themselves again on the first drive. And Miami’s defense looked like Swiss cheese. This game should be very interesting. Go Chiefs :cry::squint:

I'm still cheering for the Dolphins (gross), because I feel like the division lead is attainable assuming the Bills win their next game against them. A loss for the Chiefs helps keep that number one seed in play.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
McDaniel is such a D Bag
Did you see the most recent interview where he gave such a quirky answer to generic question?! So funny, so relatable!

I can't wait until he gets on the hot seat and people stop eating it up. Even though the personalities are different, he's like Matt Patricia leaning into the "genius" label. He probably is smarter than Patricia but it's still annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad