Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Even more brutal digesting it on a drive home. All three phases were bad. The offense was bad, the defense was bad (the hole at LB is not looking good going forward)
I'm much more concerned about how our Dline was completely neutralized without Oliver (and Jones). I think this game proved one thing.......our D is VERY vulnerable if our D-line is blockable.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
This is different from the last loss to the Pats no extreme weather and the Pats this year flipping blow they lost 34-0 to the Saints who aren't good.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'm much more concerned about how our Dline was completely neutralized without Oliver (and Jones). I think this game proved one thing.......our D is VERY vulnerable if our D-line is blockable.
It's doable to overcome injuries in one area of the defense if the others are good enough to compensate.

Without Jones or Oliver in the middle, you'd need White/Milano to compensate. And we didn't have any of them. A blockable D-line is a problem, but less so if the secondary and LB are elite, which of course they no longer are.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It's doable to overcome injuries in one area of the defense if the others are good enough to compensate.

Without Jones or Oliver in the middle, you'd need White/Milano to compensate. And we didn't have any of them. A blockable D-line is a problem, but less so if the secondary and LB are elite, which of course they no longer are.
Yep.

Take the 2 starting DTs, the #1 LB and the #1 CB off of any team and shit like what we saw today happens. It's worse when 2 of the 4 are All-Pros.

I was worried about this game when it was announced that Oliver was out.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Some thoughts on the offense:

-Allen’s been inconsistent far too often, making poor reads/decisions or rushing through his options, and was weirdly inaccurate today. I hope they’re not on the way to Cam Newton-ing him within the next 2-3 years, but back to back seasons of throwing arm injuries ain’t good.

-Davis and Knox have been piss poor as potential secondary options for most of the year.

-Only took Dorsey 6.5 games to incorporate Kincaid into the offense. Now let him actually get downfield so the intermediate game has a play that isn’t, “Hey Josh, throw a laser to Diggs.”

-I’d try Shakir in the slot more since the 12 personnel hasn’t been working.

-Overall, it feels like Dorsey and McD want to turn a Ferrari into a Subaru, and the team’s various miscues have further reduced the margin for error that is inherent with trying to score on 7+ play drives.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Yep.

Take the 2 starting DTs, the #1 LB and the #1 CB off of any team and shit like what we saw today happens. It's worse when 2 of the 4 are All-Pros.

I was worried about this game when it was announced that Oliver was out.
We are a good , maybe great team . We have to stop pros twice or three times . Rescore touchdowns etc etc. i read the we suck posts and all 22 grades. C'mon.

There is one grade.

A plus. To NE and league without any honor or true test of real sports in front of a discerning crowd.
A+ For whatever wind of the bs wannabee gods that actually took the Bass field goal that was as always right down the middle. , suddenly right at hurricane speeds without and flags waving on the posts of goal. Fn hilarious.

Josh is fine. He is uniquely gifted and learning to f***ed w and not blame himself or even laugh at predictable penalties and all things that league of dishonor affects outcomes destroying real sport in front us. All the plantation slaves believing their owners actually have their interest at heart.

Go vote. For one or the two parties ignore the parasites that affect all health and take shots vaccines and flouride. Woo hoo.

We played very well today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steddy33

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
-I’d try Shakir in the slot more since the 12 personnel hasn’t been working
Kincaid isn't ready to be the only TE on the field. While he's a very willing blocker, he's not nearly as good as Knox is.

I'm not willing to play Shakir more in lieu of Kincaid, who has shown the ability to get open.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

The D being injured is what it is. They're great when then they're healthy, but injuries happen, that's football. The offense, on the other hand--which has more than enough talent that it should be able to carry us to wins against terrible teams like the Pats no matter how banged up the D is--has no excuse.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The offense, on the other hand--which has more than enough talent that it should be able to carry us to wins against terrible teams like the Pats no matter how banged up the D is--has no excuse.
I think there also needs to be a little perspective here too. NE's defense isn't exactly a bad defense. The two weeks NE got blown out, their D wasn't to blame at all. They held Miami to 24 and Philly to 25.

We absolutely left plays on the field, but this wasn't a pushover D we faced.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
They won’t miss unless Allen gets hurt. Even with the handicap, he can still carry to a wildcard in an expanded field
Bills only can lose 4 more games to get the wild card. They still have at KC, at Philly, at Chargers, Dallas, at Cinci, and at Miami.

Not to mention they still face the Pats and Jets again who we’ve already lost to. I hate it, but I’m pretty sure we’re going to miss.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Kincaid isn't ready to be the only TE on the field. While he's a very willing blocker, he's not nearly as good as Knox is.

I'm not willing to play Shakir more in lieu of Kincaid, who has shown the ability to get open.
True, and Davis isn’t coming off the field for anyone all that much, either. It just feels like Shakir’s gained more trust than their other rotational WR options

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The D being injured is what it is. They're great when then they're healthy, but injuries happen, that's football. The offense, on the other hand--which has more than enough talent that it should be able to carry us to wins against terrible teams like the Pats no matter how banged up the D is--has no excuse.
100%. We knew the moment we lost White and Milano that we needed the offense to give the D some cushion. In the three games since, they have failed to do so.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Overall, I'm much less worried about the offense than I am the defense. I get it, injuries, but:

- Von Miller has been invisible.
- Playing two banged up offensive lines and suddenly they look good vs our 'elite' pash rush.
- Two straight weeks of mediocre offenses driving to our 1 yard line in the last two minutes. (and NE winning it)

The offense will figure it out. But, being at 3 losses this early really ratchets up the importance moving forward. The division is still in reach, but Thursday suddenly is a must win with Cincinatti playing better.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Overall, I'm much less worried about the offense than I am the defense. I get it, injuries, but:

- Playing two banged up offensive lines and suddenly they look good vs our 'elite' pash rush.
- Two straight weeks of mediocre offenses driving to our 1 yard line in the last two minutes. (and NE winning it)

The offense will figure it out. But, being at 3 losses this early really ratchets up the importance moving forward. The division is still in reach, but Thursday suddenly is a must win with Cincinatti playing better.
I have my doubts the offense will figure it out. They have looked bad for 3 weeks now. Against Jacksonville is one thing but against the Giants bad D and today against a middle of the pack Pats D is another. It's not all on the talent. Dorsey can't scheme guys open other than Diggs and they took away Allen's biggest strength in running.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

I wouldn't worry about the d. Amazing the depth. Bernard and Milano would rule but I think we can hang w his ( matt the disruptor ) coaching input and all rooks improving along Miller.

This game and the others recently are more about the nfl narrative, which the methods are new to rooks, than any lack of D .

We stopped them multiple times and then rinsed and repeated w / because of mucho zebra help or this was over. I think every half we play , just to make it even , ends w our opponent gettin untimed down on our 1 from cheesy hand fighting pass interference call. We can have a caliope come out around the scoreboard at home w a song celebrating the two pi calls the allow our feeble opponents a golf hadicap shot at a win..
Maybe tiger and oj can simulate something even cheesier to get the kids excited for the new bs entertainment nfl.. just need a catchy tune to hypnotize so we don't complain. Instead of kneeling during the black Catholic mass we could all en masse bend over like a call to buffalo prayer

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Make some more excuses. Why do they let him off the hook so much.

Down 10-0 in the first Q to a team that hadn’t led in 3 weeks.
Pretty sure the poster you quoted was being sarcastic.

They're clearly missing Milano, that's the area of the field they've attacked most
Yep
Bernard is Johnny on the spot!

Great punch by Poyer
Play of the game when they needed it, at that point.

Whomever defended the Pats winning TD (I think it was Taron Johnson) wrapped him up and dragged him down for the tackle in the end zone. I'm not blaming the game on him, but in a situation like that, you don't play to tackle after the catch, you play to tackle before the catch / make contact and don't give a crap if it's flagged. I know it was a quick release on the slant in contrast to the prior play, but you almost need to treat it like a penalty kick in soccer and guess which way the WR is going and chuck him right away at the line and if you guess wrong, so be it. Contact after the ball reaches the WR isn't going to cut it. Whether that contact is a tackle in the end zone or some illegal shenanigans.

tl;dr What an utterly crappy Sunday.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I have my doubts the offense will figure it out. They have looked bad for 3 weeks now. Against Jacksonville is one thing but against the Giants bad D and today against a middle of the pack Pats D is another. It's not all on the talent. Dorsey can't scheme guys open other than Diggs and they took away Allen's biggest strength in running.
Some of the plays made from this game were just a result of better talent at the WR position and Allen being dialed in, but can you ever imagine Dorsey scheming up some of the plays that got guys wide open (i.e. the Davis TD and the McKenzie jet sweep to wheel route TD) against a top tier defense?

It's crazy to see how often guys are running through open space after the catch

Edit: Video is from the 9ers game in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad