Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I still think this is a playoff team, but the division could very easily slip away. Which means wild card, but I think they should be able to get a spot.

Remember, the team's best shot in the playoffs came after the team was 7-6. So it's not over for the season by any means. But they have to figure it out.

They've certainly left themselves some work against the tough part of the schedule...and the calvary may not be coming on defense.

The lb's are weak without milano and that lets the opposition attack without having to have huge dropbacks or big passing plays.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
McDorsey and the rest of the o have to answer for why they’re suddenly only capable of moving the ball when they’re down late in the 4th. Absolutely abysmal showings three weeks in a row.

I fear they probably lost the division today
Lost the division?! They ain’t making the playoffs. This is the Dolphins division now and probably while McDaniels is their coach and McDermott is here.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Can someone do a breakdown of the offense when Ken Dorsey calls from his full playbook and when they have to scrap most of it and score because they’re down late?

at this point he’s completely living off of blowouts or having to abandon his system and solely work down the field.

They had 10 points 53 minutes into this game

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I really think they problem with this team is poor fundamentals on offense. They don’t protect the ball. Penalties, negative plays, and drops all in inopportune times.

It leads to an inconsistent offense. They are talented enough where they can overcome it plenty. Or turn it on just for a quarter and half and it be enough.

But it’s a problem

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
This team f***ing sucks. Secondary is complete trash! Zero running game which makes Allen predictable. Our O-line doesn’t give Allen enough time in the pocket. Gotta go out and do something by the trade deadline. This team ain’t winning shit as it stands

I’d fire Dorsey into the sun also. It’s the same damn play schemes and game plan every week.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I really think they problem with this team is poor fundamentals on offense. They don’t protect the ball. Penalties, negative plays, and drops all in inopportune times.

It leads to an inconsistent offense. They are talented enough where they can overcome it plenty. Or turn it on just for a quarter and half and it be enough.

But it’s a problem

I think the probably is Dorsey calls a shit game when he's not worried about time. Then once they get into 2 minute drills and they close 90% of the book they look like they should be.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Even if the D has a bunch of injuries, the offense is still supposed to be the bread and butter of this team. It should be able to carry you to a win against a team like the Pats.
Someone should tell Beane what the bread and butter is supposed to be. Because he has a #2 WR who doesn’t get open, a TE that can’t catch, an unqualified OC who has nothing to utilize anyone but an elite #1 and they’ve told the QB never to run.

He traded for a pass catching back last deadline who played 11 offensive snaps and brought back JOHN BROWN AND COLE BEASELY. He drafted a TE this year that was allowed to run a pattern longer than a yard for the first time today. He drafted the most talented pass catching back in round 2 last year and they only throw to him when the play is broken…no designed usage whatsoever.

If that is Beane’s definition of bread and butter…the bread has been stale for a year and he forgot to buy the f***ing butter.

He’s shopping for a different QB and his OC doesn’t know how to prep a meal anyway

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure what the issue is with the offense. It looks very plain vanilla though.

It felt like with Daboll they were always able to scheme guys open.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If you’re offense should be able to carry you against New England…and this is the third straight week the offense couldn’t do anything until the play calling is paired down to just quick strikes down field…

there should be repercussions for it, right?

Because they had 10 points with 7 minutes left in this game.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
If, as a defensive HC, you let Mac Jones drive the entire way down the field to win the game, you should be immediately fired.
This. Stokes generally accurate with their assessment and this continues the trend.

Nearly 400 yards of offensive by a Mac Jones.

Worst loss of the McDermott era.

Need to hire an offensive HC

I don’t blame Dorsey as much as I blame McDermott. McDermott is his boss

Reactions: stokes84

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Bills fans in the 1800s...

1698006123776.png

Reactions: Uberpecker

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Hey guys, I know it's hard to hear, but losses happen and this team showed some resilience. The key is how they respond. Can they come back next week and play a full game on offense?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Hey guys, I know it's hard to hear, but losses happen and this team showed some resilience. The key is how they respond. Can they come back next week and play a full game on offense?
Failure isn’t fatal but failing to change can be.

We’ve seen for weeks now no changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad