Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If they hadn't been fortunate enough to land Allen, Beane and McDermott would have been gone long ago.
I mean, that's pretty much most coaches and GMs. Coaches usually get ~3 years to prove themselves. If you don't get the QB, they bring in a new coach to work with the next one. GMs usually get two shots at it, they don't find the QB by the 2nd try, they're out too. When was the last coach who wasn't established to survive not having the guy at QB?

And luck is putting it crazy. Beane made the moves to trade up for Allen. People thought he took the wrong Josh, so it wasn't like Allen fell to them was a stroke of luck, most pundits didn't think he should have even gone that high.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hey guys, I know it's hard to hear, but losses happen and this team showed some resilience. The key is how they respond. Can they come back next week and play a full game on offense?

If the Giants called a run play at either half you could have asked this question three weeks in a row.

I mean, that's pretty much most coaches and GMs. Coaches usually get ~3 years to prove themselves. If you don't get the QB, they bring in a new coach to work with the next one. GMs usually get two shots at it, they don't find the QB by the 2nd try, they're out too. When was the last coach who wasn't established to survive not having the guy at QB?

And luck is putting it crazy. Beane made the moves to trade up for Allen. People thought he took the wrong Josh, so it wasn't like Allen fell to them was a stroke of luck, most pundits didn't think he should have even gone that high.
This coach and GM actively work against this QB.

They bring in short range weapons for this elusive yards after the catch that we never see. Meanwhile…they continue to need to be bailed out by him extending plays and throwing downfield. Where the WR 2 they’ve needed for years isn’t. Theyve taken away his running completely. Which is an absolute disaster.

They have Josh Allen and they want him to be Jimmy G. They built a team for Jimmy G. And it would a hell of a lot worse if Allen didn’t make big plays when they have to cut the playbook way down because they have no choice.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Lost the division?! They ain’t making the playoffs. This is the Dolphins division now and probably while McDaniels is their coach and McDermott is here.

sky is falling I see..let me know when it hits your head….
Two straight games of letting a crummy team go thru McDermott's D like a hot knife thru butter at the end of a game.

you understand the Bills are a team thr opponents circle on their schedule and are motivated to beat.

Giants— head coach came from buffalo return's there to play his old team on national TV. Pride game given their record. Thr Giants are better than their record given their front loaded schedule.

the Defense had a great game Against the giants. You can blame the offense on a shit day.

the Pats are division team.anyone can beat anyone at any time in division play.

the D did get the late turnover. Of course if they just broke up the pass or stopped and ran another pkay and punted buffalo problem scores with 30 seconds left and win. The defense only forced 2 punts iirc. And coukd have held them to a FG on prior drive before this.

If you’re offense should be able to carry you against New England…and this is the third straight week the offense couldn’t do anything until the play calling is paired down to just quick strikes down field…

there should be repercussions for it, right?

Because they had 10 points with 7 minutes left in this game.

New England is a better team. They lost a few close games in New England which they had a chance to tie/ win late. Today they did.
Hey guys, I know it's hard to hear, but losses happen and this team showed some resilience. The key is how they respond. Can they come back next week and play a full game on offense?

they play on Thursday. Mail it in game?
I'm not sure what the issue is with the offense. It looks very plain vanilla though.

It felt like with Daboll they were always able to scheme guys open.

I don’t defend the offense and thr missed plays, play calling, and drops.

they haven’t used Josh as a runner much forcing them to play a spy closer to the line either opening up the D or gives him more time because a rusher drop off to play spy.

They made that earlier FG, it’s a tied game.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It really doesn’t. He leads the league in TDs. The problem is consistency, and I’m sorry but nothing really suggests Dorsey is the issue.
Total TDs doesn’t really move me when the quarterback is the primary goal to go rushing option and the majority of those were accrued in blowouts. The offense is inefficient and unreliable more often than it isn’t this year and the quarterback has lost the dimension that separated him through coaching preference

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Would have been really nice for Knox to pull in that 4th and 2. Its a tough play to make, but that's why you pay him $13 million a year.
He was never worth that contract, but he won’t be the last guy to get paid because a good qb favored him

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
This is a team with a few elite players that sleepwalk through three quarters of games they think should come easy. Once they realize "holy shit, we might actually lose this"... the lights switch on. I don't think it's a coincidence they dug themselves a hole early and barely climbed out or almost climbed out against the Giants and the Pats.

I don't think it's a coaching issue, but if it is, it's only a coaching issue because apparently it's the coaches job to remind some of these players the game started before 3pm.

EDIT: If they're gonna lose, I wish they would've gotten blown out and embarrassed by the Pats because I think that's probably the only way they actually come out the next game angry.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
They need a new staff if they want to jump to the next level.
They need a new OC, a new quarteback coach, and a new backup QB.

The defense didn't kill the team today. The offense shitting the bed for half a game did, and that needs to change.

He was never worth that contract, but he won’t be the last guy to get paid because a good qb favored him
Knox's contract bothers me 10x less than the prospect of what Davis could make next season. Hopefully for another team. He's just not reliable. Dude could have had a TD in the first/second quarter, but elected to finger-**** the ball one-handed. Meanwhile, Diggs is eating a facefull of turf in the fourth-quarter just trying to bring in a 50-yard pass from Allen, just to extend the drive. It's nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: stokes84

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
IMG_2449.jpeg

After stepping away to get dinner on, this pretty much sums up how I feel about the Bills right now. (And yes I know we play Thursday but it isn’t my image, I just made it safe to post here lol)

Reactions: Zman5778

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If you think Allen can’t run the offense…fire Ken Dorsey. It’s his offense

If you think Allen doesn’t listen…fire Ken Dorsey. He can’t control his player

If you think the schemes are bad…fire Ken Dorsey. It’s his system

If you think things are fine…you’re Sean McDermott

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If you think Allen can’t run the offense…fire Ken Dorsey. It’s his offense

If you think Allen doesn’t listen…fire Ken Dorsey. He can’t control his player

If you think the schemes are bad…fire Ken Dorsey. It’s his system

If you think things are fine…you’re Sean McDermott
I’m petitioning the league to decide playoff games based on weighted dvoa

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
for those saying some of us are overreacting. I hope you’re right.

But with the defense the way it is with injuries and the offense the way it has shown all year outside of Miami, more evidence leads to us missing the playoffs this year and the Dolphins being the team to beat.

Also if you feel good about complimentary football and a defensive HC winning us a Super Bowl and maximizing our QB, then you still support McDermott. I like McDermott but he caused this mess on offense and to others points, he’s not the guy to win us the whole dang thing. Without Allen, he’d be a DC somewhere else in the league right now.

They won’t miss unless Allen gets hurt. Even with the handicap, he can still carry to a wildcard in an expanded field
We just lost to one of the worst teams in the league. The week before we should’ve lost if they didn’t botch the end of the first half field goal against the worst defense.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Even more brutal digesting it on a drive home. All three phases were bad. The offense was bad, the defense was bad (the hole at LB is not looking good going forward) and the special teams was awful. And yet without game-altering ridiculous calls/decisions by the officials on 2 of the last 3 Patriot drives we probably win by 2 scores. f***ing infuriating.

You could also aruge if Allen ends up in a disaster like Arizona or the Jets at the time and we get someone else that that someone else is closer to where Allen is now than that version of Allen would be.

This revisionism that Allen was some kind of slam dunk pick and McBeane were just along for the consensus ride is among the stupidest things the moronic revisionist crew harp on.

Reactions: Zman5778

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
It really doesn’t. He leads the league in TDs. The problem is consistency, and I’m sorry but nothing really suggests Dorsey is the issue.

Dorsey's misuse of tempo is criminal. This looks frighteningly similar to the Chargers teams when they had Rivers and Schottenheimer/Turner.

I've stuck up for Dorsey before, and stuck up for Daboll before him when everyone used to complain about him, but what we've see them turn the offense into this year so far is terrible.

Dorsey has Josh freaking Allen and a bunch of weapons, I'd love to pull him aside and tell him this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad