Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
How damning is it that Cameron Dantzler, a guy they actually had in camp, can't get the call here. If he can't get a shot under these circumstances ahead of Josh f***ing Norman, that's probably it for his career.

Reactions: Zman5778

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I wonder if Josey Jewell is available. 29yo UFA, probably not in Denver's plans. I don't totally understand how the cap works in trades, but he has a high dead cap number which makes me think his hit would be low for the aquiring team.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Joe's All-22 review had some interesting insights about the struggles on offense and how Elam played.

One thing that I wonder about Elam is whether Sunday was to be expected when you look at how TB looked against the Jets in his first start. TB got better with more reps. It will be interesting to see if Elam looks better as the season goes on.

And one of the issues with the running game was that Allen did not audible out of run plays where the math was not in the Bills favor because the Jags stacked the box with 8 or 9 guys and there were plays where the Jags had more guys than the Bills had blockers. That is never going to work and Allen needs to get them out of those calls.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I 100% avoid talk shows (mostly WGR is what I listen to) on losses.

I try to avoid WGR at all costs, UNLESS the Bills lose. Then I hate listen to all the reactionary nonsense on my ride into work the next morning.

It's probably not healthy, but after 20 years of the drought it's all I know.

• Haha
Reactions: BFLO and Jim Bob

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I try to avoid WGR at all costs, UNLESS the Bills lose. Then I hate listen to all the reactionary nonsense on my ride into work the next morning.

It's probably not healthy, but after 20 years of the drought it's all I know.
I enjoy it for the news part. Miss howard's banter with Jeremy. Joe is just a cocky know it all.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I would think Norman (practice squad) had a good tryout/workout for them to sign him, but hopefully something better becomes available closer to the deadline for cheap.

D. Jones was leading NFL DT's in pass rush win rate. Will be interesting if Poona Ford can contribute now. I would think we see a mix of Settle & Ford, and Vickers can also play Tackle but will likely go back to the practice squad if Lawson is healthy.

Spector is eligible to return from IR at LB now unless they decide to elevate Klein. Spector of course is a core special teamer as well.

Lawson, Benford and Rousseau are day to day per McD.

Kincaid (concussion) and Knox (wrist) remain on the injury report.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I don't get the hate surrounding the Norman signing. He's been brought in as a veteran presence in the room who is familiar with the scheme & the coaching staff. He's been signed to the PS - not as a replacement CB1.

I've argued this time & again - but if there's one thing we should trust this regime to do is get the best out of DBs who they see as fits. We've seen time & again relative nobodies have success such as EJ Gaines, Levi Wallace, Dane Jackson & now Benford. In fact - the one guy they bought in with high expectations from the outset (Elam) has flopped because he's a poor scheme fit.

Reactions: Zman5778

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Joe's All-22 review had some interesting insights about the struggles on offense and how Elam played.

One thing that I wonder about Elam is whether Sunday was to be expected when you look at how TB looked against the Jets in his first start. TB got better with more reps. It will be interesting to see if Elam looks better as the season goes on.

And one of the issues with the running game was that Allen did not audible out of run plays where the math was not in the Bills favor because the Jags stacked the box with 8 or 9 guys and there were plays where the Jags had more guys than the Bills had blockers. That is never going to work and Allen needs to get them out of those calls.

Dorian Williams played well for a rook (did miss some tackles), hopefully him and Bernard form a good partnership.

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Haven't caught up on this thread and not going to bother. Too busy.

My impressions from the Jags game:
Hyde was not the answer for Ridley.
Jags are a good team, something like 12-6 in their last 18 games including playoffs back to week ~6 last year.
Lawrence always had the tools. Had shitty coach/human in Urban Meyer and no line the first year or so in NFL.
I'm more worried about the loss of Milano and Jones for multiple games than I am upset about one loss to the Jags.
Defense forced turnovers when it had to.
Offense was over-matched early. Some of the rushing calls weren't effective (TFL / no gain).
Gotta put this one behind them and focus on beating the Giants, who are NOT a good football team.

Reactions: oldgoalie

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I'd like to float a theory out to the board, and see if it carries any weight:

Is it possible the reason we're seeing these "freak injuries" more frequently than we were two or three years ago is because this roster is simply aging?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Is it possible the reason we're seeing these "freak injuries" more frequently than we were two or three years ago is because this roster is simply aging?

These are real injures of legs breaking and pecs bursting! I don’t think age has much to do it with it when everyone involved is still young healthy adults. I could be wrong though

Reactions: Zman5778 and Paxon

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I think it's simply bad luck, no more no less.

If your knee/leg bends the way Milano's did.......something is going to break and/or snap and/or disintegrate.

Achilles injuries happen to athletes of all ages.

Torn pec? I wonder if that might be repetition/use related......which would get worse with age. JJ Watt had the same thing happen to him around the same age.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad