Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
LOL
Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 11.38.29 AM.png

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That’s where I’m at. I still think this is an extremely good team…but those injuries suck
Yeah. I was really excited to see this defense FINALLY healthy under McD's guidance. I think they were just scratching the surface of their potential as Tre was finally looking like himself. The saddest part is- we may never see this defense get a chance to shine with a healthy line up.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The saddest part is- we may never see this defense get a chance to shine with a healthy line up.
Especially given Poyer's and Hyde's contracts.........and boy it sure looks like they've each lost a step.

Maybe we can get Milano/Tre/Von/Groot/Oliver as the core to start next season, but I don't think we'll ever really see what this defense could have been with everyone healthy.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Especially given Poyer's and Hyde's contracts.........and boy it sure looks like they've each lost a step.

Maybe we can get Milano/Tre/Von/Groot/Oliver as the core to start next season, but I don't think we'll ever really see what this defense could have been with everyone healthy.
when this season falls apart we should have a decent pick to go get secondary help

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
View attachment 750383

Zack Moss ran for 165 yards yesterday.

Jut sayin.....

And it's probaly just musing more than saying too much, to be honest.:(

Good for him. Another talented player who McDermott undermined and underplayed because he had some fumbles. At least we got Nyheim Hines in that trade, who Dorsey couldn't scheme into the offense aside from a couple low percentage and poorly executed screens.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Good for him. Another talented player who McDermott undermined and underplayed because he had some fumbles. At least we got Nyheim Hines in that trade, who Dorsey couldn't scheme into the offense aside from a couple low percentage and poorly executed screens.
Pretty much, Key; pretty much says it all....

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
The loss is sorta whatever taking into account all the stupid variables (including playcalling and execution) but I still can't get over losing Milano and Daquan for the year.
I wouldn't call it whatever. This game and the game against the Jets and Wilson were perfect opportunities for this team to make hay. It's how good teams earn that number one seed (and bye). And that's the sort of thing that's made the Chiefs the Chiefs.

Mahomes is great. Reid is great. But this team is right effing there with them, and there's always one play that bites them - that costs them one game that matters in the end.

It's so frustrating.

Reactions: kirby11

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I wouldn't call it whatever. This game and the game against the Jets and Wilson were perfect opportunities for this team to make hay. It's how good teams earn that number one seed (and bye). And that's the sort of thing that's made the Chiefs the Chiefs.

Mahomes is great. Reid is great. But this team is right effing there with them, and there's always one play that bites them - that costs them one game that matters in the end.

It's so frustrating.
The aggravating thing is how, if the Bills play 5 games of less than stellar football against worse opponents, they consistently go 3-2 or 2-3. KC nearly always finds a way to steal wins even when they play down to downright bad teams (like getting taken to OT by Houston last year), and, as you noted, that keeps being the difference in them getting the 1 seed, the bye, and easier playoff opponents.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
The aggravating thing is how, if the Bills play 5 games of less than stellar football against worse opponents, they consistently go 3-2 or 2-3. KC nearly always finds a way to steal wins even when they play down to downright bad teams (like getting taken to OT by Houston last year), and, as you noted, that keeps being the difference in them getting the 1 seed, the bye, and easier playoff opponents.
they get bailed out by the refs

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Just listened to SiriusXM's Dr. David Chao.

He thinks Milano "should hopefully" be ready for camp. No chance he plays again this season.

He also thinks that DaQuan might come back for the playoffs, comparing his injury to JJ Watts a few years back.
Unless it is from the team, it is just a guess. There have been zero reports on what soft tissue damage has occurred. I’m not saying he will be back, just that we don’t know.

I mean, McDermott immediately ruled out Tre for the season, no reason for him to slow play it with Milano.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I think Tre is done, at least as a member of the core. The track record for CBs that have suffered both ACL and Achilles injuries is not good.

I love the dude and am heartbroken for him, but we definitely need to be realistic about him coming back and the player he will likely be.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Different scheme and different talent between the two teams. Can't compare it one for one but we can be happy for Moss.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
lol Josh norman

I’d sooner ask Terrence McGee
It will probably be Ingram but Norman is good insurance in the event something goes very wrong on the back end. Norman knows the McDermott defense. I would imagine Beane is still shopping but there are only 3-4 teams that should be sellers today.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If they’re down to putting Norman’s corpse on the field…well, it’s the Bills, it could happen.

I feel like at some point, getting slightly more viable NFL bodies for the practice squad trumps familiarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad