Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I don't know how the Steelers are 3-2. I just don't.
I heard someone on the radio saying they were taking the Ravens in survivor and just shook my head.

Never bet ANYTHING on Ravens-Steelers. Except maybe the under.

Anyway I have a feeling it might have been better for us to have the Ravens run away with that divison and give everyone else L's.

At least Houston lost.

Reactions: Zman5778

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Dorsey was decidedly NOT the issue today. He just wasn't.

On drive 1, he dialed up a good 3rd down call that didn't succeed because either Josh threw a bad ball or Cook dropped a catchable one. Not sure which, but it wasn't executed well at all.
Drive 1 of the 2nd half? Great playcall, great route run......straight drop by Davis killed it.
2-point conversion? Shakir had a superb opportunity to convert....but Josh was too casual with the throw which allowed the ONE defender with a chance to blow it up.

The offensive line did NOT run block well at all today.....and when they blocked well/decently, the Jax DC would send one more rusher than we had blockers and blow the run up.

Then of course the myriad penalties -- most of which were deserved.

I think the day was summed up by a comment earlier (by @misterchainsaw ???) -- the number of drives we had where we ended 10/15 yards from FG range was mindblowing. Like, we could move the chains a little, but not consistently enough.

Today came down to offensive execution first and foremost. Could Dorsey have adapted a little better to what the Jags' D was doing? Yeah, probably.........but even that said, he wasn't top 5 in the reasons we lost this game.
Thanks, Z. As I said, just saw the highlights, and was swayed by comments here and on X.

Most of you guys know the sport far better than I do. Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: Zman5778

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Looks to me like the Bills have peaked....... like 2 seasons ago.

Sorry. I know many are in mourning and others are full of passion and seeking vengence.

But since 1970, they've been my 2nd favorite Buffalo team so I don't follow them that closely anymore (and hence can make ignorant comments like the one above...lol)
It’s hard not to fear that they got an all-time playoff heater from Allen in 2021 and wasted it

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It’s hard not to fear that they got an all-time playoff heater from Allen in 2021 and wasted it
That's been my fear since we lost that game. Allen still has a lot of time left, though. But damn, what a waste to have your QB hit god mode, and lose the way they did.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Kelce with a non-contact right foot/ankle injury mid-play. He was able to hobble off on his own and walk back to the locker room......but something is quite not right there.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
To bring a little positivity to the thread, I think Kincaid is now 17/19 on the season giving him an absurd 89% catch rate.

This game should also give Diggs 100 YPG on the season; he's on pace for a career year on multiple fronts.

And Epenesa had the kind of game that should earn him AFC defensive player of the week. What a monster of a performance.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Looks to me like the Bills have peaked....... like 2 seasons ago.

Sorry. I know many are in mourning and others are full of passion and seeking vengence.

But since 1970, they've been my 2nd favorite Buffalo team so I don't follow them that closely anymore (and hence can make ignorant comments like the one above...lol)
I still think of them as a team that missed the playoffs for 17 years. Just get in, anything can happen.

Reactions: kirby11

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
it’s a lost season if milano and daquan are out for the year imo. just can’t lose guys like that if you want to go all the way

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
it’s a lost season if milano and daquan are out for the year imo. just can’t lose guys like that if you want to go all the way
Teams do it every year. Everyone deals with injuries. MLB is one of the least important positions on the defense, which is why teams don’t pay MLBs crazy money.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
KC perpetually has a horseshoe up their ass on offense

That's been my fear since we lost that game. Allen still has a lot of time left, though. But damn, what a waste to have your QB hit god mode, and lose the way they did.
I still can’t believe he gave them the lead twice inside the final 2 minutes and it just didn’t matter

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Not only do they pick up a clear pass interference with no explanation, but they don’t call a clear unsportsmanlike.

Unbelievable.

Reactions: kirby11

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
You can’t call every player on the defense core.

Also, Philly won a super bowl with their back up QB.
Milano, Jones, and Tre are not core players? Having 2 all pros out for the season, along with potentially season ending injury to your dominant nose tackle…. doesn’t make a difference????

i’m sick of this ‘injuries happen to every team’ nonsense. KC doesn’t win the superbowl last year without their all pro DT chris jones. it just doesn’t happen. the Foles playoff run was once in a lifetime occurrence. 99% of the time these injuries doom teams.

you don’t have to live in denial. it’s ok to accept reality. the Milano and Tre injuries will have a profound impact on our ability to beat teams in the playoffs. there is no rational counter argument. extreme luck carrying you to victory is not an argument. it’s delusional

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Bills losing gets me so upset. London games, wish Bills had no part in those. Losing Milano that's super tough. I'm just feeling very frustrated.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Milano, Jones, and Tre are not core players? Having 2 all pros out for the season, along with potentially season ending injury to your dominant nose tackle…. doesn’t make a difference????

i’m sick of this ‘injuries happen to every team’ nonsense. KC doesn’t win the superbowl last year without their all pro DT chris jones. it just doesn’t happen. the Foles playoff run was once in a lifetime occurrence. 99% of the time these injuries doom teams.

you don’t have to live in denial. it’s ok to accept reality. the Milano and Tre injuries will have a profound impact on our ability to beat teams in the playoffs. there is no rational counter argument. extreme luck carrying you to victory is not an argument. it’s delusional
If your bar for core players is Daquan Jones, you’re right, there is no rational argument to be had here. The guy has had a great start to the year but has been a career replacement level player. Milano and Tre are big losses, no doubt. But the sky is falling stuff around here is non-sense.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
If your bar for core players is Daquan Jones, you’re right, there is no rational argument to be had here. The guy has had a great start to the year but has been a career replacement level player. Milano and Tre are big losses, no doubt. But the sky is falling stuff around here is non-sense.
Seasons done.

• Haha
Reactions: Waterfowlist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad