Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Calling those Cooke runs are the reason why people think Dorsey isnt doing his job.

Those were poor designs with worse execution.
Those little delay runs kept two very good front 4's off of Josh in consecutive weeks. Jacksonville had an answer for it. Not everything is going to be successful every week - that's just completely unrealistic expectations.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I think I'm more pessimistic on how good we played last week, then lost this game, and then potentially lost Jones and Milano for the year.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Dumb game. They happen, and I'm bummed but not mad. Much like the first week, I don't think there's much to learn from this game. Rough circumstances lead to a lot of mistakes on offense and defense was decimated by injuries (and god bless em for dragging a dead O along for so long). I wish those could have been overcome but aside from being an AFC loss, I'm not all that concerned. Doubt a playoff rematch in Buffalo would look anything like what we saw today.

Also, back to those injuries: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUJ

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
When I saw the Bills PR said Jones and pec I feared the worst. Losing him and Milano is an incredible loss for the defence. Losing him and Milano the week after losing White is unfathomable. It's nice Von is back but the injuries haven't been at DE/Edge so he isn't replacing any of the key potentially long term injuries. They may need to look outside the organization to fill one of the holes. It may be too much loss to overcome simply from the next man up mentality.

Buffalo Bills? More like the Buffalo Hospital Bills.... I will see myself out.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Do we look at acquiring a CB or LB to fill either injury? I think we’re ok with Daquan with depth we have at the line but we are in trouble.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Some thoughts about the game:
-the travel plan clearly failed
-hats off to the defense for battling through all the injuries, aside from Elam, who got absolutely abused for the better part of the second half. Beane needs to get on the phone for a CB.
-Cook continually refusing to even try to break tackles limits his effectiveness when there aren’t massive lanes to run through
-idk if it’s more dorsey or Josh, but the complete inability to integrate Kincaid in anything more than a dump-off role is getting old. How hard is it to call a hard PA with him running up the seam or to the corner as the primary option? Feels like he’s being wasted right now.
-refs sucked ass
-Knox and Davis’ 2 drops (one in the first half on third down, one in the second half after the bomb to Diggs) absolutely killed them

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

If you won’t fire him because the offense ranks high when they play teams that provide zero resistance…at least let someone else call second downs.

Reactions: kirby11

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Do we look at acquiring a CB or LB to fill either injury? I think we’re ok with Daquan with depth we have at the line but we are in trouble.
We'll elevate Klein from the PS. As for CB, Benford should be back soon anyways, so I think they'll rely on that.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Benford nearly played this week, so his injury is short term. LB, yeah maybe. Depends on how the staff thinks about Williams/Dodson filling in Milano's very, very large shoes.

I do wonder about DT though. Phillips and Settle are best as part-timers. Poona hasn't played in a game yet.

Denver's rumored to be selling anything not nailed down -- I wonder if we approach them about DJ Jones and/or Josey Jewell? Of course, there is the matter of fitting either under the cap.........

Reactions: SabresFan26

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Looks to me like the Bills have peaked....... like 2 seasons ago.

Sorry. I know many are in mourning and others are full of passion and seeking vengence.

But since 1970, they've been my 2nd favorite Buffalo team so I don't follow them that closely anymore (and hence can make ignorant comments like the one above...lol)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Sorry. I know many are in mourning and others are full of passion and seeking vengence.

But since 1970, they've been my 2nd favorite Buffalo team so I don't follow them that closely anymore (and hence can make ignorant comments like the one above...lol)
That team lost SIX games in the regular season. There's plenty of time to get on a roll. Or to fall apart. That team got hot at the right time but they weren't even the best team of the McDermott era. Or 2nd best.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Only saw the highlights. Looked like quite a sloppy game from both teams. Not what you'd expect in a mid-season game.

Don't know what the Bills were thinking, arriving on Friday morning on a redeye to play Sunday evening. You need 3-4 days to get your clock right for the 5-hour time difference, especially playing a team that's had well over a week to adjust. I can't claim it affected the outcome, but it's a poor decision regardless.

Why isn't Dorsey's game plan "let Josh be Josh"? Is he playing conservative because of Allen's poor performance in Game 1 against the Jets?

Reactions: ottsabrefan

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Why isn't Dorsey's game plan "let Josh be Josh"? Is he playing conservative because of Allen's poor performance in Game 1 against the Jets?

Dorsey was decidedly NOT the issue today. He just wasn't.

On drive 1, he dialed up a good 3rd down call that didn't succeed because either Josh threw a bad ball or Cook dropped a catchable one. Not sure which, but it wasn't executed well at all.
Drive 1 of the 2nd half? Great playcall, great route run......straight drop by Davis killed it.
2-point conversion? Shakir had a superb opportunity to convert....but Josh was too casual with the throw which allowed the ONE defender with a chance to blow it up.

The offensive line did NOT run block well at all today.....and when they blocked well/decently, the Jax DC would send one more rusher than we had blockers and blow the run up.

Then of course the myriad penalties -- most of which were deserved.

I think the day was summed up by a comment earlier (by @misterchainsaw ???) -- the number of drives we had where we ended 10/15 yards from FG range was mindblowing. Like, we could move the chains a little, but not consistently enough.

Today came down to offensive execution first and foremost. Could Dorsey have adapted a little better to what the Jags' D was doing? Yeah, probably.........but even that said, he wasn't top 5 in the reasons we lost this game.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

The window for the Bills is the entirety of Josh Allen's career but I do think that 2021 team was the absolute peak of what we will see out of them. The roll they got on following the rough start was something else. If you re-play that season we win the Super Bowl half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad