Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Kyle Allen rushing stats….7 Carries/ kneel downs for -7 yards.
And last year, Case Keenum only saw action in one of their first 4 games (and 2 games all season) with 3 carries for 2 yards vs TEN.

Keenum played 24 snaps all of 2022.

Kyle Allen has played 23 snaps so far in 2023.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Tua just doesn't have the sample size to compare to Allen. He also hasn't dominated games against top tier teams like we've seen from Allen. Also, Allen's ability to extend plays and improvise is just far better than what Tua is capable of. If the pressure gets in Tua's face- he's getting sacked or rolling out and likely not making a big play. I know both players do things better than the other, but we've seen defenses play Allen damn near perfect only to be abused by him because he can extend plays so well. I can't say the same for Tua. It's such a big advantage for a QB to have that skill.

This past week wasn't really fair to try to compare them, though. Buffalo's pass rush was kicking ass. It didn't help that the Phins were down their starting center, then lost their starting T about halfway through the game. That being said, that's the main reason why Miami isn't on Buffalo's level (yet). Both offenses can abuse teams, but Miami's defense isn't anywhere close to Buffalo's at the moment.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that they sold the farm to compete for a championship, and yet- they're still in Buffalo's shadow. Feels good. Hopefully it continues that way.

Next year, the Dolphins go into the season with the same initial cap investment as the Bills plus an additional 10 million in dead cap. And, they don't have Tua's extension in place yet.

Speaking of Tua's extension... THAT is going to be something to watch, given his injury history and lack of playoff success.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Allen rushing through the first 4 weeks of the season:

19: 31 carries 131 yards
20: 25 carries 83 yards
21: 24 carries 130 yards
22: 30 carries 183 yards
23: 16 carries 106 yards

He's running it less and averaging more YPC.

the 23 stats could easily be 23 for 99 yrs if he wasn’t rested for Kyle
Kyle Allen rushing stats….7 Carries/ kneel downs for -7 yards.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Bigger than how many yards he has on the ground is the # of hits he has taken. Since his stupid mode runs in week 1, has he taken a hit while scrambling? I don't recall any, or at least any big ones.

Reactions: Kupo

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Tua just doesn't have the sample size to compare to Allen. He also hasn't dominated games against top tier teams like we've seen from Allen. Also, Allen's ability to extend plays and improvise is just far better than what Tua is capable of. If the pressure gets in Tua's face- he's getting sacked or rolling out and likely not making a big play. I know both players do things better than the other, but we've seen defenses play Allen damn near perfect only to be abused by him because he can extend plays so well. I can't say the same for Tua. It's such a big advantage for a QB to have that skill.

This past week wasn't really fair to try to compare them, though. Buffalo's pass rush was kicking ass. It didn't help that the Phins were down their starting center, then lost their starting T about halfway through the game. That being said, that's the main reason why Miami isn't on Buffalo's level (yet). Both offenses can abuse teams, but Miami's defense isn't anywhere close to Buffalo's at the moment.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that they sold the farm to compete for a championship, and yet- they're still in Buffalo's shadow. Feels good. Hopefully it continues that way.

When you have difficulty making reads, you can’t be compared to QBs that can. Tua is great at getting the ball at to his first read.

He seems to be bad at, well, everything else

Reactions: buffa dud

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Bigger than how many yards he has on the ground is the # of hits he has taken. Since his stupid mode runs in week 1, has he taken a hit while scrambling? I don't recall any, or at least any big ones.
Two that I can think of, the Jets game when he scrambled for a three yard gain, and the Raiders where he was going for the end zone and met his old friend from Wyoming.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Two that I can think of, the Jets game when he scrambled for a three yard gain, and the Raiders where he was going for the end zone and met his old friend from Wyoming.
He absorbed a tough leg tackle against Miami, too. But to @Waterfowlist 's point, I haven't found myself gasping nearly as much this year when he rolls out of the pocket or runs. It's a nice development

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Honestly, with how well the defense is playing and the upcoming schedule, can we hold Von out of the lineup until January? I just want to see that man terrorize folks in the playoffs. This team doesn't need the help during the regular season.

I am terrified we'll see what we just saw from Tre (and I know, the two injuries are completely unrelated).

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

hopefully there better seats than Takeo Spikes got
1696537022529.png

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Has there been any conversation on Buffalo sports talk about why the Jags got to have back to back games in London. It feels like such a massive advantage given to them by the NFL. Honestly, I am worried a bit about this game simply based on that.

Maybe I'm making too much out of nothing but it doesn't seem fair.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I just read the pick we used on Bernard was due to the Pats signing Gillislee to an offer sheet. I am now a believer Bernard will be a Hall of Famer. The football gods are hooking us up for allowing a late round QB to dominate us for almost two decades.

Has there been any conversation on Buffalo sports talk about why the Jags got to have back to back games in London. It feels like such a massive advantage given to them by the NFL. Honestly, I am worried a bit about this game simply based on that.

Maybe I'm making too much out of nothing but it doesn't seem fair.
I thought this way for a bit too, but then I realized vacation burnout is a real thing. I think I'd be burnt-out by now if I were on day 9 or 10 in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad