Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I wonder if Josh wears one to a game soon?

Reactions: Paxon

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I love the fact that people (myself included) doubted Josh for his accuracy issues, and right now he leads the league in completion percentage. Allen is also currently tied with seven other guys for fourth in interceptions, right alongside Mahomes and Cousins.

More Allen facts:
* Allen is fourth in completions
* 2nd in touchdowns
* 12th in attempts (after being pulled twice, due to a healthy lead)

Reactions: Dingo44 and JLewyB

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Allen rushing through the first 4 weeks of the season:

19: 31 carries 131 yards
20: 25 carries 83 yards
21: 24 carries 130 yards
22: 30 carries 183 yards
23: 16 carries 106 yards

He's running it less and averaging more YPC.

I'm a little surprised by how little he's been running this year (not complaining). But, it isn't surprising he's averaging more YPC.

If the opposing defenses see that he's running less, they're less likely to dedicate a player to spying him. The addition of a short-game is also going to draw defenders away from Josh, because defenses simply can't afford to dedicate a guy solely to Josh if he's only going to run it four times a game. They're just going to take their lumps when it's time, and it looks like that's exactly what Josh is doing.

Reactions: Dingo44

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Allen rushing through the first 4 weeks of the season:

19: 31 carries 131 yards
20: 25 carries 83 yards
21: 24 carries 130 yards
22: 30 carries 183 yards
23: 16 carries 106 yards

He's running it less and averaging more YPC.
The nbigger data would be to split these into

scramble/ pressure runs
short/ goal line runs
kneel downs

because of 3 large blow outs they pulled him out for end of game kneel downs

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The nbigger data would be to split these into

scramble/ pressure runs
short/ goal line runs
kneel downs

because of 3 large blow outs they pulled him out for end of game kneel downs
His usage in victory formation and short yardage QB sneaks is down this year over previous seasons, for sure.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Week 18 when some starters are sitting cause it's a wrap on the division and a bye?

Remember when the Bills played their third string because they had clinched in the last game of the season and the Fish had to win for a chance to make it and we kicked their ass? Good times. I'd love a repeat of that.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

:laugh:

Of course there are.

They are trying to rationalize the loss and still keep up the narratives that the Bills are done and Tua is better than Josh.

Tua just doesn't have the sample size to compare to Allen. He also hasn't dominated games against top tier teams like we've seen from Allen. Also, Allen's ability to extend plays and improvise is just far better than what Tua is capable of. If the pressure gets in Tua's face- he's getting sacked or rolling out and likely not making a big play. I know both players do things better than the other, but we've seen defenses play Allen damn near perfect only to be abused by him because he can extend plays so well. I can't say the same for Tua. It's such a big advantage for a QB to have that skill.

This past week wasn't really fair to try to compare them, though. Buffalo's pass rush was kicking ass. It didn't help that the Phins were down their starting center, then lost their starting T about halfway through the game. That being said, that's the main reason why Miami isn't on Buffalo's level (yet). Both offenses can abuse teams, but Miami's defense isn't anywhere close to Buffalo's at the moment.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that they sold the farm to compete for a championship, and yet- they're still in Buffalo's shadow. Feels good. Hopefully it continues that way.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Remember when the Bills played their third string because they had clinched in the last game of the season and the Fish had to win for a chance to make it and we kicked their ass? Good times. I'd love a repeat of that.
I think Phins fans just need to humble themselves until Allen and McD stop dragging their nuts all over their favorite team. Also, tweets like that are exactly why I stopped using Twitter. It's by far the most toxic social media platform I've ever been on.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Tua just doesn't have the sample size to compare to Allen. He also hasn't dominated games against top tier teams like we've seen from Allen. Also, Allen's ability to extend plays and improvise is just far better than what Tua is capable of. If the pressure gets in Tua's face- he's getting sacked or rolling out and likely not making a big play. I know both players do things better than the other, but we've seen defenses play Allen damn near perfect only to be abused by him because he can extend plays so well. I can't say the same for Tua. It's such a big advantage for a QB to have that skill.

This past week wasn't really fair to try to compare them, though. Buffalo's pass rush was kicking ass. It didn't help that the Phins were down their starting center, then lost their starting T about halfway through the game. That being said, that's the main reason why Miami isn't on Buffalo's level (yet). Both offenses can abuse teams, but Miami's defense isn't anywhere close to Buffalo's at the moment.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that they sold the farm to compete for a championship, and yet- they're still in Buffalo's shadow. Feels good. Hopefully it continues that way.
The biggest difference between Allen & Tua is what Allen can do off script.

Tua struggles if you take away his first read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad