Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Tre turns 29 in a few months.. Going to take a year to rehab.. And will never be the same. What’s the harsh reality here?

Such a heartbreaking scene seeing him losing it on the field. I loved this kid from day 1. Not many player have made me laugh as much either. So charismatic. 💔

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Tre turns 29 in a few months.. Going to take a year to rehab.. And will never be the same. What’s the harsh reality here?

Such a heartbreaking scene seeing him losing it on the field. I loved this kid from day 1. Not many player have made me laugh as much either. So charismatic. 💔
The harsh reality is the bills will probably now have to try to force a beloved veteran to take a paycut or get cut this offseason.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
To be fair with the giants….

they play 8 games against playoff teams in the season. 5 in first 6 and 2 in final 3 ( both eagles). In between those it’s 1 out of 8 in the middle of the season.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The harsh reality is the bills will probably now have to try to force a beloved veteran to take a paycut or get cut this offseason.
I’m a lot more educated with this scenario with NHL players than NFL players, given the complexity with guaranteed money.

Didn’t Beane restructure his contract recently too, and if so, how does that hurt us furthermore?

Sorry for asking, I’m just very out of touch with NFL salaries and contracts and loopholes. I’m just curious to hear what options we have given the circumstances.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I’m a lot more educated with this scenario with NHL players than NFL players, given the complexity with guaranteed money.

Didn’t Beane restructure his contract recently too, and if so, how does that hurt us furthermore?

Sorry for asking, I’m just very out of touch with NFL salaries and contracts and loopholes. I’m just curious to hear what options we have given the circumstances.

Capture.PNG

Those are the basic options if they want to move on from Tre this off season.

It could be a tough conversation if they ask Tre to take a pay cut from the $8.35M in base salary he is scheduled to make next season.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Kupo

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

View attachment 748503

Those are the basic options if they want to move on from Tre this off season.

It could be a tough conversation if they ask Tre to take a pay cut from the $8.35M in base salary he is scheduled to make next season.
His cap hit is about 16 million each of the next two years. If he were to be cut he would only have 10 million owed against the cap. I think a fair meeting point would be to get him to around 10 million cap in 2024, but make it fully guaranteed, and then a much bigger number in 2025, but nothing guaranteed other than the bonus money that is already paid out.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

His cap hit is about 16 million each of the next two years. If he were to be cut he would only have 10 million owed against the cap. I think a fair meeting point would be to get him to around 10 million cap in 2024, but make it fully guaranteed, and then a much bigger number in 2025, but nothing guaranteed other than the bonus money that is already paid out.
Getting him to take a $6M pay cut for 2024 could be tough.

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
There is also the theory that lining up under center and taking a drop back is something that helps Josh's mechanics and his progressions as opposed to a shotgun snap.
Absolutely agreed. Watching him take the snap from under-center and then drop-back looks so much more fluid and on-time than his shotgun mechanics. It almost feels like he pops up out of the shotgun and then ends up having to start the throwing motion on the tips of his toes.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
His mechanics might be better under center, but by far and away the bigger improvement has been Allen's willingness to throw a ball away or run out of bounds even if it's a short gain. If he can continue to accept small gains and avoid "hero-time" TOs, like the last three games, he and the offense will be turning a corner. McDermott's work with the defense is already showing to be another level. They're forcing offenses to be disciplined and near perfect to sustain drives, and getting enough pressure up front and on well-timed blitzes to make it very hard to get chunk plays against a mostly zone mid and backfield. They're the best team in the AFC, and should stay that way as long as they keep doing what they're doing now. Only injuries or a regression by Allen can change that.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So far this has looked like one of Beane's best off-seasons. He didnt have a ton of cap to work, and still added a good amount of talent and depth.

Floyd A+ signing
McGovern awesome signing
Kincaid great pick
Torrence amazing value pick

McGovern, Floyd, and Torrence have all had big time impacts on this team, and Kincaid isn't a slouch, either...it just takes a bit longer for a TE to become an impact player.

Then you add in the depth signings like Rapp, Sherfield, Murray, Harris, etc...and things look even better.

I especially want to give props to the RBs he brought in. They bring attitude and a north-south type of run style this team has lacked for a while.

Giving Dorsey what he needed to run 12 personnel has paid dividends thus far. We look like an offense with attitude.

The cherry on top is trusting that Bernard and Brown would play their roles well. Bernard was an especially good call. He looks like the real deal.

It's early, but Beane's off-season looks awesome. Props!

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I did a Pro Football Network mock, looking at the Bills free agents in the next two seasons. Both lines are going to lose virtually everyone. So I shaded toward it heavily. I made a trade down from 27 to 32 in the first round to add the 3rd round consolation pick we know is coming.

1.) Jordan Morgan OT Arizona. Replacement for Dawkins. He's a free agent after the 2024 season, so it gives Morgan a year to learn and then get ready to take over. Morgan is among my favorite line prospects. If his knee checks out, he's a LT in the Matt Light mold.

2.) McKinnley Jackson NT Texas A&M. Huge NT who could be a space eater in the middle of the defense.

3.) Bryce Foster C Texas A&M. Replacement for Morse. He's a free agent after the 2024 season, so it gives Foster a year to learn and then get ready to take over. Likely to be high on RAS, might not makeit this far in the draft.

3.) Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame. Replacement for Brown. He's a free agent after the 2024 season, so it gives Fisher a year to learn and then get ready to take over. New age RT, has LT feet.

4.) Trikwese Bridges CB Oregon. White is hurt and Jackson is a pending free agent. Bridges is a big, athletic zone CB.

5.) Moose Muhammad WR Texas A&M. Son of Muhsin, so Carolina ties. Bigger receiver who can get open down.

6.) Ricky Barber DT Central Florida. Squatty NT type who is best in a rotation.

6.) Lathan Ransom S Ohio State. Great value late.

6.) Tyler Van Dyke QB Miami, Fla. Bigger QB with a good arm. Bills need to start taking developmental QB swings.

7.) Patrick Payton DE Florida State. Probably doesn't last this long but BPA.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Von possibly returning to action this week? Until he is on the field I will believe it when I see it, especially with the defensive line playing so well. There should be no urgency for him to return if an extra week or two of rest is best for his health in January.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Von possibly returning to action this week? Until he is on the field I will believe it when I see it, especially with the defensive line playing so well. There should be no urgency for him to return if an extra week or two of rest is best for his health in January.

I kinda doubt he's gonna play after just a couple practices considering the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad