GDT: SEASON FINALE | Leafs @ Devils | 7PM CBC | It All Comes Down To This! (Leo is Back!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleMartin

Nov 28, 2015
If I'm not mistaken, our chances are*:

4th: 47.5% (100% 4th or better)
3rd: 15.0% (52.5% 3rd or better)
2nd: 17.5% (37.5% 2nd or better)
1st: 20%

Or am I doing the maths wrong?

Also, are we guaranteed 31st or will our 2nd/3rd/etc picks move with our lottery position?

*Assuming someone doesn't Boyd Deveraux us in the third.

What does Boyd Deveraux did, that everyone here are talking about him? :help: i cannot remember of him well..:laugh:

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
No point in insulting me for thinking differently from you... as for why I like him, I've always found him to be a thoughtful and intelligent guy. But I'm probably not as picky as many posters- I don't spend a lot of time hating hockey commentators.
Actually I always liked him for his music tastes but the transformation to hip HNIC guy was a bit much

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Same, he did some great interviews on his talk show and been pretty good on Hockey night (the talent surrounding him has been terrible though).

But I can see why hockey fans and the hockey community in general doesn't like him. Very conservative and rigid culture.

I do find that to be somewhat true, in my experience.

Jeepman89*

Oct 10, 2015
No point in insulting me for thinking differently from you... as for why I like him, I've always found him to be a thoughtful and intelligent guy. But I'm probably not as picky as many posters- I don't spend a lot of time hating hockey commentators.

Read my post. I didn't insult you.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA

Nobody actually hates him.He's just not a hockey guy.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
What does Boyd Deveraux did, that everyone here are talking about him? :help: i cannot remember of him well..:laugh:

He scored a hat trick, the bum!

We beat Ottawa(?) one year when we missed the play offs in game 82 and it made our pick jump from 5th to 8th or something.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto

IIRC, we had to lose in the last game of the season to secure 5th overall in 2009 draft. He got a hattrick in the game, Leafs won and ended up drafting 7th overall.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
  • 30th place
  • millions of cap space cleared
  • acquired more draft picks
  • acquired prospects
  • young players showed progress
  • Nylander looked good

mission-accomplished.jpg

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Actually I always liked him for his music tastes but the transformation to hip HNIC guy was a bit much

Of course I respect anyone with a different view. It's a totally subjective thing. You like who you like.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
If I'm not mistaken, our chances are*:

4th: 47.5% (100% 4th or better)
3rd: 15.0% (52.5% 3rd or better)
2nd: 17.5% (37.5% 2nd or better)
1st: 20%

Or am I doing the maths wrong?

Also, are we guaranteed 31st or will our 2nd/3rd/etc picks move with our lottery position?

*Assuming someone doesn't Boyd Deveraux us in the third.

How did you do that Math, I have the chart with the %, but can't figure out how you calculate that!

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Read my post. I didn't insult you.

I read it. It's a question of interpretation- to me it was disrespect. But don't worry, it's no biggie. I can believe you didn't necessarily mean it the way I read it.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
it did happen. also he had a complete bias towards certain genres. when he first got loud he pretty much split it in to 2 shows first half was rancid penny wise like punk bands then half an hour of metal
that was before he got his 30 min punk slot
not that I disagreed but he used to do a 10 min rant everyte he had to play a icp song(which I got it was suppose to be a metal show) .did he just dislike them or did they diss him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad