GDT: SEASON FINALE | Leafs @ Devils | 7PM CBC | It All Comes Down To This! (Leo is Back!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
old.jpg

MEN are not supposed to look like Strombo!

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
If I'm not mistaken, our chances are*:

4th: 47.5% (100% 4th or better)
3rd: 15.0% (52.5% 3rd or better)
2nd: 17.5% (37.5% 2nd or better)
1st: 20%

Or am I doing the maths wrong?

Also, are we guaranteed 31st or will our 2nd/3rd/etc picks move with our lottery position?

*Assuming someone doesn't Boyd Deveraux us in the third.

Its more complex then just adding the % of the chances of each pick. It depends on how the lottery unfolds.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
I like him. Always have. :)

Same, he did some great interviews on his talk show and been pretty good on Hockey night (the talent surrounding him has been terrible though).

But I can see why hockey fans and the hockey community in general doesn't like him. Very conservative and rigid culture.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I remember when George was the host of Much Loud. That was fun. Can we go back to that?

hell no . he made loud preppy. it went from going from slayer cannibal vader machine head and indie up and coming death metal thrash n so fourth. to him raving bout Korn limp biz kit atreyu godsmack and a bunch of that prep hard rock

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Pi, we all know that. I don't think for most people being 30th is about matthews at all. it's more about NOT drafting 5th if we lost all 3 lottos.

not against you but all of these "oh please don't whine guys!" make me tired. if we lose - the night off, people are going to be disappointed. but i think for the most part - we'll be just fine come the last weekend of June.

Exactly. At the end of the day it's all about being able to maintain as high a pick as possible if the balls don't fall in our favour for the first three picks. Staying in the top four is preferable to having a chance to fall any further.

It also gives us high picks in each of the following grounds. Which is a bonus.

hell no . he made loud preppy. it went from going from slayer cannibal vader machine head and indie up and coming death metal thrash n so fourth. to him raving bout Korn limp biz kit atreyu godsmack and a bunch of that prep hard rock

I do not recall this happening.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Pi, we all know that. I don't think for most people being 30th is about matthews at all. it's more about NOT drafting 5th if we lost all 3 lottos.

not against you but all of these "oh please don't whine guys!" make me tired. if we lose - the night off, people are going to be disappointed. but i think for the most part - we'll be just fine come the last weekend of June.

My main concern is not falling to 4th. As long as we have top 3 pick, I am happy.

YLC

May 6, 2010
Haha. I watched a Korean movie a while ago. Subtitles seemed fine for a while, maybe a bit weird. Then in a scene, can't remember the context really but some girl had just died. The scene went like this:

Woman, the dead girls best friend, looks dramatic and stricken.
Woman: "Board me."
Military man takes hold of her shoulder, looks her straight in the eyes.
Man: "She was a fine ship. Best I've served on. We will remember her always."

I'm still confused.

Do you have the name of that movie?

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
One period left of Leafs hockey until October. The season went by fast, hope the Leafs get some luck for a change and get Matthews and other goodies in the draft.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
That's your misfortune. What do you like about him exactly?

No point in insulting me for thinking differently from you... as for why I like him, I've always found him to be a thoughtful and intelligent guy. But I'm probably not as picky as many posters- I don't spend a lot of time hating hockey commentators.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The team made sure the fans bought into the rebuild? What a joke, it's the fans that demanded the rebuild. Report accurately or don't report at all. :laugh::laugh:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Concur and I'm an old fart. Don't understand these youngsters not liking one of there own.

Truth. When it's Erik Karlsson or PK Subban wearing a haircut and suit like that, everyone on here goes gaga about how stylish they are. :laugh:

Not a huge fan of his presentation style though, the fist bumps and some of his comments are kind of cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad