Value of: Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Love completely one-sided takes like this. I don't know much about Mayfield but you clearly don't know much about Dermott. At least reach across the aisle, man.

This is incorrect, but you are entitled to your opinion.

How is dermott not a fringe d-man? He's been in the league for 5 years and is still a bottom paring d-man. mayfield is a top 4 rhd.

You say you don't know anything about mayfield but then say that dermott+ 2nd is fair? Those 2 things contradict each other.

I'd love to hear why you both think dermott has so much value

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Why not Holl instead of Dermott? Both are essentially bottom pairing guys but one is slightly undersized.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
How is dermott not a fringe d-man? He's been in the league for 5 years and is still a bottom paring d-man. mayfield is a top 4 rhd.

You say you don't know anything about mayfield but then say that dermott+ 2nd is fair? Those 2 things contradict each other.

I'd love to hear why you both think dermott has so much value
I never claimed Dermott had immense value and I never claimed he was better than Mayfield, hence why Toronto would be adding.

I also said that I don't know much about Mayfield, not that I don't know anything about him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If that is the price why not change the 2nd to 1st and make a run an Chychrun?

Mayfield is good but is a little too similar to Muzzin. If we were going to make a trade for an RD I'd rather it be Josh Manson. Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than this proposed price

Leafs are actually stacked at LD - re-signed Rielly, Sandin long term guy...Muzzin another 2 years and even Dermott a competent bottom 4 LD is there.

Chychrun doesn't really play his off side and neither do the other guys listed with the exception of Dermott. Mayfield's cap hit is also attractive for the Leafs along with another year on his contract whereas Manson is expiring and again, Chychrun not a great fit.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Funny how Leaf fans say Dermott has so much value but he’s in every proposal lol. Guy is not worth more than a 5th round pick.

Oh, so that's how you judge what value is? Seems fitting, as clearly you don't know the player.

He's posted here, because someone said a LD is a need for NYI. No, he's not a top LD, but to say a 5th round pick, is clearly ignorant of his play.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I never claimed Dermott had immense value and I never claimed he was better than Mayfield, hence why Toronto would be adding.

I also said that I don't know much about Mayfield, not that I don't know anything about him.

david savard got a 1st at the deadline last year. mayfeild has a 1 and a half year left. you really think a 2nd plus dermott is fair?
How much are you valuing dermott at because I'm sure most teams would not give more than a 3rd for him

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
david savard got a 1st at the deadline last year. mayfeild has a 1 and a half year left. you really think a 2nd plus dermott is fair?
How much are you valuing dermott at because I'm sure most teams would not give more than a 3rd for him
I said it was reasonable, not fair. I said reasonable because the Leafs have a player that the Isles could use and the Isles have a player the Leafs could use. That is generally a reasonable basis for a trade. I also left it off with "good trading partners?". It should be clear that I wasn't trying to make a proposal, just pointing out that the Leafs and Isles could be good trading partners.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This guy reminds me so much of Zub.... he's be a perfect fit in OTT. I'd be willing to go Brannstrom, Greig, and a 2nd for him

If the Islanders plan to move Mayfield I imagine this would be a pretty competitive offer, assuming it's Ottawa's 2nd.

Mayfield should be worth at least 2 1sts at his cap hit + extra year, similar to Coleman.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
If the Islanders plan to move Mayfield I imagine this would be a pretty competitive offer, assuming it's Ottawa's 2nd.

Mayfield should be worth at least 2 1sts at his cap hit + extra year, similar to Coleman.
OTT cant afford to lose a top #3 pick again, sadly ;)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This guy reminds me so much of Zub.... he's be a perfect fit in OTT. I'd be willing to go Brannstrom, Greig, and a 2nd for him

I think mayfield has a lot of value but I don’t think he would fetch multiple 1sts. He’s not a point producer. Just a big mean steady defenseman. His cap hit is a huge asset but it’s only 1 more year.

I think if the isles were set on moving Mayfield(Im not convinced they are) that Brannstrom + Grieg + 2nd would be enough to get it done.

Brannstrom isn’t has highly touted as he once was but still has some value and potential because of his age.

Greig is legit. I’d prefer to get a center prospect back but it’s hard to turn down Greig.

if I’m trading Mayfield this is an offer I’d accept as an isles fan. Think it’s very fair.

ironically both Brannstrom and Greig were drafted with NYI picks.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Dermott would get a 2nd if traded... so value is two seconds.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Woah...no.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Scott Mayfield is way closer to Travis Dermott and a 2nd round pick than multiple first round picks in value.

Guys solid but nothing special.

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
He's easily bringing back a 1st at minimum at the deadline. Playoff style defenseman, signed through next season for peanuts and a righty. He's likely the most valuable asset that NYI might want to trade.

Feb 19, 2018
Oh, so that's how you judge what value is? Seems fitting, as clearly you don't know the player.

He's posted here, because someone said a LD is a need for NYI. No, he's not a top LD, but to say a 5th round pick, is clearly ignorant of his play.
The borderline waiver wire Dermott? Yeah, I know who he is. Not an everyday NHL’er

Reactions: WangMustGo

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
When was the last time a 29 year old with a career high 19 points returned one 1st round pick, let alone multiple?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He's easily bringing back a 1st at minimum at the deadline. Playoff style defenseman, signed through next season for peanuts and a righty. He's likely the most valuable asset that NYI might want to trade.

Why is Dermott mentioned as a return? The Isles have zero use for him and have Robin Salo/Samuel Bolduc in the pipeline. At least offer the Isles an actual usable asset or two in these proposals.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
When was the last time a 29 year old with a career high 19 points returned one 1st round pick, let alone multiple?

savard got a 1st last year at the deadline as a 30 year old when he had 6 points in 40 at that time and 11 in 68 the year before.

Some times teams are looking for defensive d-man not just offence ones

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad