Value of: Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I feel like this is reasonable. I've heard the Isles have been looking for a puck moving LD and the Leafs could really use an upgrade on Holl. Good trading partners?
How dependable is Dermott in his own zone? If he’s just an equal swap with Aho, I’d rather just keep Mayfield and roll with Salo while Aho is in the press box.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I feel like this is reasonable. I've heard the Isles have been looking for a puck moving LD and the Leafs could really use an upgrade on Holl. Good trading partners?

No, a fringe bottom pairing defenseman and a 2nd round pick is not getting you a playoff proven physical 2nd pairing defenseman that is signed for a ridiculously low contract through next year.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
No, a fringe bottom pairing defenseman and a 2nd round pick is not getting you a playoff proven physical 2nd pairing defenseman that is signed for a ridiculously low contract through next year.
They don’t have Bracco anymore to offer the official Toronto deal of Kerfott, Bracco and a 3rd so there’s a scramble for replacements.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
How dependable is Dermott in his own zone? If he’s just an equal swap with Aho, I’d rather just keep Mayfield and roll with Salo while Aho is in the press box.
He's dependable 99% of the time but will make a boneheaded play every now and then that will have you question if he's right in the head. He's good in transition but don't expect anything from him once you get to the o-zone. I honestly think the Leafs should just keep him because he's more valuable to us than anyone we would get back in a trade for him

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He's dependable 99% of the time but will make a boneheaded play every now and then that will have you question if he's right in the head. He's good in transition but don't expect anything from him once you get to the o-zone
So he’s a 24 year old Andy Greene who can’t play top 4 minutes without looking lost by the 3rd? I’d rather keep Mayfield.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Dermott is kind of a weird player. He plays like a top 6 d man in his own zone, a top 4 d man in transition and then a top 6 d man in the offensive zone.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
A 2nd, Robertson and Holl is a steep price but I would consider it, likely would put him with Rielly and give Muzzin-Brodie a run.
If that is the price why not change the 2nd to 1st and make a run an Chychrun?

Mayfield is good but is a little too similar to Muzzin. If we were going to make a trade for an RD I'd rather it be Josh Manson. Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than this proposed price

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
On the left side? Don’t really have anyone. Brisebois if you want but he’s not proven
Personally I’d rather see Mayfield be moved for a forward but that’s just me. Salo is ready to play bottom pairing minutes plus PP So he could shift into the spot once Pulock is back if Mayfield is gone.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Dermott is kind of a weird player. He plays like a top 6 d man in his own zone, a top 4 d man in transition and then a top 6 d man in the offensive zone.
So he’s Andy Greene. He’ll be fine in Toronto.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Love completely one-sided takes like this. I don't know much about Mayfield but you clearly don't know much about Dermott. At least reach across the aisle, man.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
If that is the price why not change the 2nd to 1st and make a run an Chychrun?

Mayfield is good but is a little too similar to Muzzin. If we were going to make a trade for an RD I'd rather it be Josh Manson. Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than this proposed price

lol because chychrun is going to cost a lot more than just a late 1st and a decent prospect

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Love completely one-sided takes like this. I don't know much about Mayfield but you clearly don't know much about Dermott. At least reach across the aisle, man.
You described Dermott and also defined a guy the Islanders have currently who’s 96 year old and playing with Noah Dobson at the same time. This reminds me of the Leafs fans who told us Schmaltz plus a puck was a fair return for Mayfield.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad