Confirmed with Link: Schmid and Holtz traded to VGK for Paul Cotter and 2025 3rd rounder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Sucks, but the market is the market. Holtz was a swing and a miss of a pick and it was obvious that Fitz hated him. Deal sucks though .. Fitz should be on a very hot seat from here on out. If this team doesn't make the playoffs again he is gone.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
If this is a small step to get us to being a faster team again, sucks to sell at the bottom, but I'll be fine with it.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
IMG_6203.jpeg

A pure analytics move

/s

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Sucks, but the market is the market. Holtz was a swing and a miss of a pick and it was obvious that Fitz hated him. Deal sucks though .. Fitz should be on a very hot seat from here on out. If this doesn't make the playoffs again he is gone.
This trade doesn’t remotely change how hot Fitz’s seat is. His seat isn’t hot but the second this season doesn’t go well it will get hot very quickly. That’s why he’s making moves like this.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
We needed to replace McLeod. I guess that's what this is. Cotter fills a need and Holtz has no value and Schmid gets a chance elsewhere. Teams weren't paying a big price for any of that. And we get another 3rd next year which could be a usable asset come trade deadline.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Some of you can spin so well it's amazing

You can look at the biggest pile of shit and tell yourself it's a brownie sundae.
I don't think anyone is over the moon about this, if anything people are coming to terms with how little value Holtz actually had and just being meh about it. Schmid and Holtz basically just walked away for nothing, but we got a guy who can fill out the bottom 6 a bit better. Not amazing, but it's whatever.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah parting with Schmid still makes me a little bit sad but maybe he didn't like being scapegoated this year and stuck in the AHL for another year or two, and one way or another we couldn't hoard all of Schmid, Daws and Poulter in the AHL level.k

Nobody had any problems with an #11 overall becoming a fourth-line center the last couple years so we traded a failed #7 overall for one now.

It's possible he just saw no future and told NJD to try to move him. But I do feel we taking a bunch of punches with these trades. And sentimentally, I felt Akira still had some real promise for something good.

I'll try to be patient and wait for the outcome by September but I'm getting a little concerned about our shakeups.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Cotter is an integral piece for a bottom 6. Has + defensive metrics, super fast skater and can pot 20+ points while averaging 3.5 hits per game.

We wanted Fitz to get tougher (with skill) and when he does that people complain anyway lol

NOT LIKE THIS :laugh:

It's true, though. We don't have a problem scoring goals with the main pieces of the core, it's leveling the rest of the roster with pieces that can play a certain way.

I wanted to see guys get a chance under a new coach, but it's also very possible that Keefe has provided his input on these guys getting moved out as well.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not a single team wanted him. We have tried to trade him for 2 years now lol

The entire organization dragged him. Swiss hockey dragged him, not picking him for the Worlds team over semipro level players. Everyone's dragged him according to this board. At some point people have to acknowledge he's the issue with his own career.

Sweden but yeah I agree with you guys, just was more saying this isn't surprising considering how when Fitz finally came out from hiding to address the media that he dragged Holtz so we knew he was just gonna get rid of him to get rid of him.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The entire organization dragged him. Swiss hockey dragged him, not picking him for the Worlds team over semipro level players. Everyone's dragged him according to this board. At some point people have to acknowledge he's the issue with his own career.
At the end of the day this was probably less a failure of player development than it was scouting and draft selection to begin with. At a certain point you do need the player to knock down the door a force himself into the roster and lineup. He showed a little bit playing with McLeod, but Mike maybe going to prison. Holtz showed nothing else otherwise.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sucks, but the market is the market. Holtz was a swing and a miss of a pick and it was obvious that Fitz hated him. Deal sucks though .. Fitz should be on a very hot seat from here on out. If this doesn't make the playoffs again he is gone.
I think this entire offseason suggests Fitz is on a hot seat anyway, extension or no extension.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Some of you can spin so well it's amazing

You can look at the biggest pile of shit and tell yourself it's a brownie sundae.

I mean it's bad asset management but Holtz was done after that press conference Fitz had where he brutally chastised him after the Lindy firing. His time in NJ was done after that. Schmid is whatever, they drafted 2 goalies today and they probably like Daws/Poulter better.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad