Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I think it's all relative. The Panthers needed Bob to be very good to win against Boston, New York, and Edmonton. We weren't a high-scoring team after the first round. Bob was exceptional for at least four games against all of those teams. In a best of seven series, that is all you can ask for, and all you can really want to get.

He was the best player on the ice in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, when the Panthers were reeling and desperately needed him to come up big and save them.

I'd have said Barkov was the team's MVP after game 3, but timing is everything. Bob was the deciding factor -- the best guy on the ice -- in the biggest game in any of these players' lives. In what people have been saying was the biggest, most important, and most pressure-packed game in decades.

Timing is everything. I don't give a flying f*** how many secondary assists Connor McDavid put up on a struggling Kings team, one that even Kings fans agree was a jobber matchup. I don't care how many points he scored when Edmonton was up 4-1 in that game 4 meltdown.

I know who the real MVP of that Finals series was.
This,
Even before this game if it wasnt for bob going god mode in game 1 this series wouldve ended with mcdavid lifting the cup in edmonton
Sv% imo doesnt mean much cause we didnt allow too many shots, but the ones we would give up were some grade AAA chances, breakaways, 2 on 1s etc
skinner had a game where he was like .975% or something, and their #s were close, but who are you taking? Noones taking f***ing skinner.

Bobs #s have been in the drain since tampa cause wed limit them to like 15 shots but theyd get 2 goals off the powerplay and a 5 on 3. I think 16 games he gave up 2 or less goals, had like one of the best 3 game start in the SCF in history, 2 shutouts, one against a presidents winning team and one in the finals. Every series clincher he only gave up 1 goal.

Look at what this team looked like when bob has been average, completely collapses. It sucks cause i think he got hurt when nurse and/or montour hit him and it took him a bit to get back into form, and that lapse destroyed what was a CS worthy run.

Kuemper wasnt as bad as they say, but he suffered an eye injury and had to be sheltered hard by honestly one of the best cup winning teams in history. We left bob out to dry a lot, as much as we got better defensively, bob bailed us out A LOT.

As soon as i saw McDavid beat gretzkys record i knew whod they go with. I cant say it was a robbery, but i feel like since McDavid really only had 2 good games, while bob had 4 good games, but was punished for having a bad 3 game stretch (which the whole ass team was bad too).

Even in totality you could say bob was our best player this run, you could say igor or swayman outplayed him at times, but bob still allowed less, and won. Id rather take a .900 sv% 2 GAA vs .93/.95 sv% 3 GAA.

That said part of me doesnt give a f*** cause we f***ing WON

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
It's just the narrative and points are easy to count without taking into account context. McDavid put up 12 points against Cam Talbot and Dave Rittich, then the next round Demko is hurt and they go up against Silovs. I mean c'mon, we went through Vasilevski, Swayman, and then Shesterkin. It's not even comparable.

In the Finals? Two primary assists while they go down 3-0 to start the series. Puts up 4 points in the 8-1, but that's after they were already up 3-1. Game 5 he gets an empty net. Game 6/7 are zeroes.

Meanwhile Barkov shuts down all the top scorers. Kucherov, Pastrnak, Panarin, Drai, and McDavid were five of the top seven in points this season, all completely shut-down with Barkov on the ice. They scored no goals and 4 assists (2 primary, 2 secondary) total against him at 5v5. That's insane.

Obviously would be hard to compare against any historical precedent, but that's gotta be one of the all-time best defensive performances in any playoffs ever.

Barkov isn't never going to be universally recognized as a top5 player in this league because he doesn't regularly score +100pts in a season. But those +100pts players usually sacrifice their defensive assignments in order to chase extra point production which leads them to lose (important) games, and then they still get awarded with lavish contracts because of their scoring totals.

Therefore, I want those +100pts players and Barkov to be the way they are.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1719435958648.png

LIVE STREAM FOR REDDIT BABY

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Barkov isn't never going to be universally recognized as a top5 player in this league because he doesn't regularly score +100pts in a season. But those +100pts players usually sacrifice their defensive assignments in order to chase extra point production which leads them to lose (important) games, and then they still get awarded with lavish contracts because of their scoring totals.

Therefore, I want those +100pts players and Barkov to be the way they are.

McDavid had a very good defensive game as well this post season....

Reactions: Idiot Stick

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
To clarify on the voting, the voters can choose a Conn Smythe winner for each outcome, so in game 7 they would have made a vote for an Oilers win scenario and a Panthers win scenario.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
So...uhhh......you might all want to read this LMAO. Strip club drama but not on us this time!

Evander Kane's ex going off on instagram. Should be 5 images

I'm somehow convinced that if not hockey, Evander Kane would become a criminal. Probably would've been convicted repeatedly for something stupid at this point.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I know some people who knew him growing up in Vancouver. Never heard a good word said about him.

It's fine, not everyone is a role model. It only irritates me when they do these puff pieces trying to make him look like Man of the Year. Like, dude, come on, we all remember the money phone incident, all the drama with his wife, and everything else. He's a good hockey player, let's not insult everyone's intelligence and pretend he's a great humanitarian.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Reactions: pantherbot

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Barstool getting SO HEATED over getting kicked out lmfao

f*** outta here

I guess RA was tight with the Tkachuk family and he got f***ing OUSTED lmfao

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Just thought I'd draw your attention to a post from the mains:

Regardless of who you're a fan of, I think we can all agree that Panthers winning was the worse outcome for the hockey world.

Stopped what would have been arguably the greatest comeback/chokejob in the sports history, and kept the 30+ year cupless Canada streak going.

Congrats to the Panthers fans enjoying this win, but it pales in comparison to an entire nation celebrating.

Next time this guy comes and posts in here, please tell him to f*** right off. Thanks!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Barstool getting SO HEATED over getting kicked out lmfao

f*** outta here

I guess RA was tight with the Tkachuk family and he got f***ing OUSTED lmfao

Stool Bars reacting to the Panthers victory.*

(* Not related to Panthers winning the Cup)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad