Confirmed Trade: [UTA/TBL] Mikhail Sergachev for Conor Geekie, J.J. Moser, 2025 2nd, 2024 7th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Great
Nobody thought Serg was an anchor after his 22-23 season. He’s capable of leading the line for a defense when he’s at his best and is paid commensurately. He will absolutely be a difference maker on that Utah blueline and I like him embracing the chance to be “the guy”
Great player . Not an anchor ⚓️ but his contract is heavy , not horrible but he takes a lot of cap space . TB simply wants to allocate their resources Elsewhere. Hence TB gets a very good return and cap space . Az gets a solid player with lots of money attached to him

Reactions: olli

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Wow I'm shocked Utah gave up that package and taking on the whole salary

It's a deadly acquisition by Utah yes, but I woulda assumed they coulda gotten him cheaper

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
They are two dinosaurs who will significantly regress soon, I don’t know who’s going to play defense in Tampa soon. I guess Moser will

Their two best d men are 33 and 35. The will significantly drop in their defensive game
Cap crunch. Serg's NMC kicks in next year. They get a good return of youth and assets. They're trending towards a retool. I'm not convinced Serg will look as good outside of Tampa as he did with them. Time will tell.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Moser is a solid citizen #4 type and will be a nice fill-in/depth piece but there is definitely a bit of:

“I’m a hockey hipster, you don’t know Moser, I do and he’s awesome!!!” vibe going on here.

He’s a smart player with physical limitations and no real irreplaceable quality.

Still a good solid player and part of a good return. But we are looking real hard here to disqualify Sergachev while lifting Moser into something he’s not.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Cap crunch. Serg's NMC kicks in next year. They get a good return of youth and assets. They're trending towards a retool. I'm not convinced Serg will look as good outside of Tampa as he did with them. Time will tell.
Yeah, I understand the reasoning. I think it’s a good new challenge for Serg to finally be a 1D for a team, he’s won his rings, now time to prove himself elsewhere

Reactions: BLNY

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Yeah good defender but I thought he was overrated/overpaid after his season in which he stacked up a ton of PP points

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Honestly Moser is not the prize here, Geekie is and while gaining financial flexibility - this is a big pickup for Tampa. They were never going to get a big, blue-chip center prospect like this any other way. I know views on Geekie are a bit mixed but he’s the best prospect Tampa has had in their pool in some time and I think he will see some NHL games this year. He might be the most pedigreed prospect they’ve had in their pool since Drouin, TBH.

He becomes a big, big deal because he could represent a lynchpin between the current core and whatever the future is.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
They are two dinosaurs who will significantly regress soon, I don’t know who’s going to play defense in Tampa soon. I guess Moser will

Their two best d men are 33 and 35. The will significantly drop in their defensive game

We’re all in on the next 2-3 years and we’ll rebuild. The younger core wasn’t good enough to transition to a new era. McDonagh is more suitable in the short term for the 2nd pairing. We needed the cap space to keep Stamkos (fingers crossed).

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
So, basically Morgan Rielly?
Worse, if he isn't getting babysat, he's getting shredded defensively. As a divisional rival I hate that Tampa got better, I get it from Utah's perspective. New team, new city, they wanna bring fans in, they bring in a guy who contributed to 2 Stanley Cups.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00