Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Carter right now

564.gif

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
View attachment 879756

I am fairly confident the guy that said this is The Avs Coach.

The first time I saw a team say we were the best team in the league was right after we just played the Avs
It’s 100% Jared Bednar. Always gives thoughtful and “nice” answers like that and feel like I can hear it in his cadence as well. There’s a part at the end that I actually think makes its definitive.

“But I am rooting for Florida because they nailed the roster. Gustav Forsling off waivers, got Carter Verhaeghefor nothing. Bennett and Tkachuk trades. Along with the home-grown pieces. Built a wagon. Have to tip your hat.”

That’s exactly how the Avs operate and were built (less so on the waives but Gus is a unicorn).

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
It’s 100% Jared Bednar. Always gives thoughtful and “nice” answers like that and feel like I can hear it in his cadence as well. There’s a part at the end that I actually think makes its definitive.

“But I am rooting for Florida because they nailed the roster. Gustav Forsling off waivers, got Carter Verhaeghefor nothing. Bennett and Tkachuk trades. Along with the home-grown pieces. Built a wagon. Have to tip your hat.”

That’s exactly how the Avs operate and were built (less so on the waives but Gus is a unicorn).
News article said Panthers want to keep Rhienhart and Montour could have to dispose Bennett and Eckblad. Bennett is a tough one.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Could @FlaPanthers11 give me his thoughts on this series?
Well I wanted Dallas to lose in the WCF last season because I was concerned about their special teams advantage. Didn’t really turn out well. I wanted them to lose again this year because I was concerned about them neutralizing our depth advantage. Let’s see what happens.

I do feel like if you really zoom out Edmonton is pretty similar to the other 3 teams we’ve gotten past in the sense that they’re really top heavy and PP dependent. Edmonton fans will go on and on about their depth now but anything you look at from points to advanced metrics and there’s only 5 guys doing anything out there for them.

I trust in Barkov and Forsling and, to a lesser extent, Bob to keep the puck out of the net. They’ve gotten it done all year. I’m not so sure we’re going to be able to score much with the loaded top line focusing on defense. Need a lot of offense from the Bennett/Lundell lines and the powerplay.

All in all, I’m cautiously optimistic because no one has been able to stop us from putting up 30-40 shots a game when we want to and Skinner will crack. And we haven’t had any issues keeping the puck out of the net all year. McDavid and Draisaitl will get theirs but if that’s 1-2 goals a game that’s liveable

My biggest micro level concerns are we don’t give up many but when we do the chances we’re allowing are really high danger and Edmonton will capitalize there. And we need to be perfect with our line matching and getting the right guys out there. Felt like too many icings last series for the 4th line (see Rangers 3rd period tying goal in game 4) and that feels like it will be almost an automatic goal this series

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Well I wanted Dallas to lose in the WCF last season because I was concerned about their special teams advantage. Didn’t really turn out well. I wanted them to lose again this year because I was concerned about them neutralizing our depth advantage. Let’s see what happens.

I do feel like if you really zoom out Edmonton is pretty similar to the other 3 teams we’ve gotten past in the sense that they’re really top heavy and PP dependent. Edmonton fans will go on and on about their depth now but anything you look at from points to advanced metrics and there’s only 5 guys doing anything out there for them.

I trust in Barkov and Forsling and, to a lesser extent, Bob to keep the puck out of the net. They’ve gotten it done all year. I’m not so sure we’re going to be able to score much with the loaded top line focusing on defense. Need a lot of offense from the Bennett/Lundell lines and the powerplay.

All in all, I’m cautiously optimistic because no one has been able to stop us from putting up 30-40 shots a game when we want to and Skinner will crack. And we haven’t had any issues keeping the puck out of the net all year. McDavid and Draisaitl will get theirs but if that’s 1-2 goals a game that’s liveable

My biggest micro level concerns are we don’t give up many but when we do the chances we’re allowing are really high danger and Edmonton will capitalize there. And we need to be perfect with our line matching and getting the right guys out there. Felt like too many icings last series for the 4th line (see Rangers 3rd period tying goal in game 4) and that feels like it will be almost an automatic goal this series
I can’t agree Edmonton is closer to the Rangers but have real snipers and more speed. They can get to their zones quicker. The larger question is how are they around the net. The Rangers were pretty tough there but were no shows in other places especially outright speed.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think this is Oilers team is much closer to the 1983 one that lost to the Isles than the 1984 one that beat the Isles.

Reactions: Stanley Cup Boundd

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
Hey, LA Kings fan here, just moved to the east coast. Your GM is a stud, congratulations the Panthers are fun to watch, and I'll be pulling for you. The guy you have to stop on Edmonton is Hyman. He creates space for McDavid and is really good in front to the net- very strong dude who is difficult to move. Their D is sub-par after the first pairing and your forecheck will create lots of chances. The Panthers 3rd line is also much better than the Oilers. Go Panthers!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I think we are better at faceoffs than them which hopefully alleviates that mismatch

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Hey, LA Kings fan here, just moved to the east coast. Your GM is a stud, congratulations the Panthers are fun to watch, and I'll be pulling for you. The guy you have to stop on Edmonton is Hyman. He creates space for McDavid and is really good in front to the net- very strong dude who is difficult to move. Their D is sub-par after the first pairing and your forecheck will create lots of chances. The Panthers 3rd line is also much better than the Oilers. Go Panthers!
I hear that about Hyman…..

Reactions: Chaos2k7

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Now Edmonton fans think the observation that Panthers have faced a much higher quality of goaltending than Oilers, is a false narrative. Because.
its dumb... they faced one guy that is on par. but ok

Skinner needs a sports psychologist to tell him that hes good. Bob just needs a water bottle to spritz his hair up.
were the ones back to back in the nhl stanley cup finals..

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Haven't you heard, they are better than us in every respect, we will just have to show up and break some hearts as both the favorites and underdogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad