GDT: SCF | VI | "They Said 'I'll Bet They'll Never Make It', But Just Look At Us Holding On" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 5.21.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inject Shania Into Your Veins

• "We Might've Took The Long Way, We Knew We'd Get There Someday"

• "I'm Glad We Didn't Listen, Look At What We Would Be Missing"

• "We're Still Together, Still Going Strong"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Rishaug, on his pod, pointed out Kane skated on the 5th line and looked really good. His shot had some zip and he was moving much better,
Pain killers? He has had a week off, maybe took another shot. Hockey players are crazy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Had a thought this morning...

For us oldtimers, especially those who witnessed the '80's runs, this is an exciting experience, but it's not new. Even those who were old enough in 2006 have experienced the excitement first hand.

However, for an entire new generation of fans, tonight is the biggest game they have ever witnessed. Those lucky enough to be in the building are in for an experience they will never forget for the rest of their lives.

This is what being a fan is all about. These moments are why we watch the hundreds upon hundreds of games leading up to this point.
For sure, all this. Yeah I want this for the younger fans that have never experienced this before. But its not the only reason we watch. I love hockey. Have never really stopped watching even at the worst of times.

Just an aside but why do all the pundits say things like "the belief is back" A lot of Oilers fans including here, they never gave up, they never gave up at 3-0. Why isn't THAT the story line? Its like the media are trying to undersell the loyalty that Oilers fans, STH, ticket buyers etc have shown. They're trying to portray this as fans back on the bandwagon when really they never left.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I don't like all the talk of how Edmonton has this in the bag, and the looking forward to Game 7, it's bad JuJu and bad karma. I for one , do not wish to piss off the hockey gods today
No chance the players feel that way, they were down 3-0 only a few days ago. The fans, I think, are celebrating making a series out of it, and the last day of hockey in this city either way until the fall. Absolutely nobody thinks we have this in the bag, I feel like the whole city is excited yet holding its collective breath with nervous energy.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't like all the talk of how Edmonton has this in the bag, and the looking forward to Game 7, it's bad JuJu and bad karma. I for one , do not wish to piss off the hockey gods today
Nothing is a guarantee this time of the year. All that you can control is your own effort and decision making. Bounces can win or lose you the game. Go out and give yourself the best chance at winning and probably 7-8 out of 10 times you'll win.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Nothing is a guarantee this time of the year. All that you can control is your own effort and decision making. Bounces can win or lose you the game. Go out and give yourself the best chance at winning and probably 7-8 out of 10 times you'll win.
Its going to be a war, I still like that the crowd will be going nuts for them though, hostile environment, we need to get a lead and keep it though.

Panthers will want to win this, especially on our ice. One at a time though.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
For sure, all this. Yeah I want this for the younger fans that have never experienced this before. But its not the only reason we watch. I love hockey. Have never really stopped watching even at the worst of times.

Just an aside but why do all the pundits say things like "the belief is back" A lot of Oilers fans including here, they never gave up, they never gave up at 3-0. Why isn't THAT the story line? Its like the media are trying to undersell the loyalty that Oilers fans, STH, ticket buyers etc have shown. They're trying to portray this as fans back on the bandwagon when really they never left.
Another fantastic point about the loyalty of the fanbase.

It isn’t easy being an Oiler fan, but it sure as hell isn’t hard either.

Enjoy the game tonight, sir.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
However it ends, and whatever happens, tonight, this has been a hell of a ride and something I'll remember forever. Proud of the team no matter what.
Right?

What a ride. Ive been entertained so much this season, can't really ask for more. In the SCF each game has been sooooo stressful to watch.

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad