GDT: SCF | VI | "They Said 'I'll Bet They'll Never Make It', But Just Look At Us Holding On" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 5.21.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Inject Shania Into Your Veins

• "We Might've Took The Long Way, We Knew We'd Get There Someday"

• "I'm Glad We Didn't Listen, Look At What We Would Be Missing"

• "We're Still Together, Still Going Strong"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
For sure, all this. Yeah I want this for the younger fans that have never experienced this before. But its not the only reason we watch. I love hockey. Have never really stopped watching even at the worst of times.

Just an aside but why do all the pundits say things like "the belief is back" A lot of Oilers fans including here, they never gave up, they never gave up at 3-0. Why isn't THAT the story line? Its like the media are trying to undersell the loyalty that Oilers fans, STH, ticket buyers etc have shown. They're trying to portray this as fans back on the bandwagon when really they never left.
yup. Besides this place is much better without all the bitching about how our players suck and we are the worst team ever after losses and how our management is a joke etc... IM happy those fans aren't around.

Positivity is contagious and worthy of respect. Never stopped believing from the start. 2-9-1 still signed in to sportsnet to watch the games and HF to discuss. Even if we lose we, as fans have much to celebrate. I don't expect the players to be satisfied or happy with the year but there's no reason why the fans can't be happy. Remember, if they do win it's their victory. We are just along for the ride., our names don't get added to the cup.

Enjoy the ride!!!! I was 20 the last time this happened. I could be 53 or older the next time it happens.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
This is Knob possibly reacting to Cousins playing, not sure I like it, Kane makes mistakes too.

Long story short we shouldn't win or lose because of Holloway or Kane though.
Exactly what I was thinking, playing Kane because of Cousins

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Nurse and Broberg got caved last game, they were a big part of why we couldn't get the puck out in the back half of the game. I thought 25 was our worst player by far, and he's supposed to be the steadying vet on that pair. They ended the game with something atrocious like 4% xGf, and have a 31% xGF% for the series. They are being bailed out by Skinner. I know Knob probably won't go with Nurse-Kulak and Broberg-Ceci but I think those are the best options with what we have.

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
The rumor for Drai is broken ribs, if that is true, that isn't something that heals with a couple extra days rest between games unfortunately.
Makes sense, it's what I've suspected. Yeah, the broken finger sucks, but it'd be ribs really limiting movement and strength for shots, winning draws, etc.

Reactions: Duke74

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nurse and Broberg got caved last game, they were a big part of why we couldn't get the puck out in the back half of the game. I thought 25 was our worst player by far, and he's supposed to be the steadying vet on that pair. They ended the game with something atrocious like 4% xGf, and have a 31% xGF% for the series. They are being bailed out by Skinner. I know Knob probably won't go with Nurse-Kulak and Broberg-Ceci but I think those are the best options with what we have.

Nurse was just ridiculously bad last game, which unfortunately wasn't a surprise given his play so far this playoffs. Broberg had an off night as well though, so the pairing was absolutely destroyed at evens. Couldn't get the puck out at all. They need to be significantly better tonight.

Reactions: NeverForget06

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1716432332677150.jpg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Huge W incoming! 3 of 4! Home town energy powering McDrai, we can’t be stopped!

I expect Drai to have his say in the Cup tonight. 2 dominant performances incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad