GDT: SCF | VI | "They Said 'I'll Bet They'll Never Make It', But Just Look At Us Holding On" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 5.21.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inject Shania Into Your Veins

• "We Might've Took The Long Way, We Knew We'd Get There Someday"

• "I'm Glad We Didn't Listen, Look At What We Would Be Missing"

• "We're Still Together, Still Going Strong"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Seriously leave Dri alone. The guy has broken ribs, fingers and something going on below the waist.

Hes not scoring but he sure is making sure to do his part defensively. Watch him on the back check.

• Love
Reactions: Duke74 and Oilers88

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Seriously leave Dri alone. The guy has broken ribs, fingers and something going on below the waist.

Hes not scoring but he sure is making sure to do his part defensively. Watch him on the back check.

Nah. I'm as big of a Draisaitl fan as it gets, would sign him to a max contract to keep him in Edmonton if that's what it took, but can't get behind this. Leon is expected to lead the way offensively and he's not getting it done in the biggest stage of his career. The criticism is fair. He's also tied with McLeod for the most GA in the series so he's not really 'getting it done' defensively either.

One poor series does not define him but if the Oilers don't win the cup this year that they were let down by 5 of their best 6 best forwards in the finals will be the major story.

Reactions: Biltmore

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Kane coming in for Hollywood would be a SHOCKING move.
Knobblauch has pressed all the right buttons but honestly the team has looked much better without kane in the line up. Go with what keeps working. Kane or not though, at this point, as long as skinner can keep holding the fort and Mcdavid and the team can continue to get to Bob, they have a chance.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Knoblauch seems to have his finger on the pulse of this team so his decisions tend to work out.
I sure hope that he guessed right with this decision as well.
I mean I will say, if he can get there, Kane's physicality and size will make life tougher on the Panther's defense.

Right Hronek? lol

Reactions: Biltmore

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He does, but you know how Kane hits, he destroys people when he really catches them.
I'll give you that. Kane can be a heavier hitter when he is healthy but he clearly isnt healthy.
I am just not seeing this version of Kane being an upgrade but I guess we shall see how it works out.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Knob has been making these seemingly questionable moves all the way through these playoffs and they have worked out for the most part.

Perry will stay in because though he's not effective in many areas anymore, he can still win a board battle, which they need from him from time to time. He can still make an impact in slow, tight checking games

Reactions: Markham30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad