GDT: SCF | VI | "They Said 'I'll Bet They'll Never Make It', But Just Look At Us Holding On" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 5.21.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Inject Shania Into Your Veins

• "We Might've Took The Long Way, We Knew We'd Get There Someday"

• "I'm Glad We Didn't Listen, Look At What We Would Be Missing"

• "We're Still Together, Still Going Strong"

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Is it confirmed Holloway is out for Kane?

Some thoughts:
- Holloway hurt us last game with a turnover. Struggled in other parts of the game too.
- Holloway has been awesome for us though. Really works well with Leon on the rush, and probably still provides better rush offence than Kane at this point.
- Absolutely hated Kane’s game leading up to this scratch, it was a good 3-4 games too where he’d kill plays in the o zone.
- I trust Holloway’s puck touches and overall game more than Kane’s still
- however, Tkachuk looks like he wants to finally show up, Kane might be what we need to get in his head and make him disappear again

Whatever Knob does I trust. But those are my thoughts. Tough call here, but Knob will make the right choice.

Reactions: TB12

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Kind of random thought but I find it kind of funny how silent the prime minister has been on a Canadian team in the finals, the guy was actively rooting for the Habs a few years ago but he’s probably cheering for the panthers this year
Why did you need to bring that in here? And he has posted things about the oilers.

Nurse and Broberg got caved last game, they were a big part of why we couldn't get the puck out in the back half of the game. I thought 25 was our worst player by far, and he's supposed to be the steadying vet on that pair. They ended the game with something atrocious like 4% xGf, and have a 31% xGF% for the series. They are being bailed out by Skinner. I know Knob probably won't go with Nurse-Kulak and Broberg-Ceci but I think those are the best options with what we have.
Rob Brown was saying Kulak is uncomfortable on his offside. Man Stetcher would be a godsend right about now

This is the ultimate trap game, and I think the pressure is squarely on the Oilers right now actually.
This isn’t a trap game at all.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Why did you need to bring that in here? And he has posted things about the oilers.
I was just remember back to previous times Canadian teams made the finals and this time just feels different from a Canadian perspective. I haven’t personally seen a peep about the oilers this year but there’s been a lot to filter through

Edit: had to Google and scroll a long ways to find a very brief hashtag let’s go oilers from the PM. So I do stand corrected

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets fan here, at first i was rooting for the Panthers cause of Maurice, but now since they have had 2 opportunities to close it out and have choked, i hope you guys come back and win the cup. McDavid has that look in his eyes like MacKinnon had when the Avs won the Stanley Cup, and there was no stopping him. Party like its May. 24th 1990 tonight.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
You can not regularly trot out Nurse-Broberg.

We should consider sitting Nurse at even strength. Let him get his minutes on the PK where he isn't horrible, otherwise run 5 defencemen at even strength. Ekholm can double shift a bit, Broberg can double shift a bit. Bouchard for the PP and ES. I'm comfortable with all of our guys double shifting at ES besides Nurse and Ceci.

Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad