GDT: SCF | II | "Brick Breaker" | Oilers @ Panthers | 6.10.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Can people shut up over gagner already. We're were dominated last game in the physical aspect. Carrick needs to draw in. And Vinny better be coming in to play heavy or he will be completely useless as well
Gagner will go to the net and score dirty greasy goals, something a lot of this team is unwilling to do so yeah let's count out that option. Just because you don't agree you should really not tell those that do to shut up, it's not a good look fella. We are all cheering for the same team here and believe it or not this is a fan board with a lot of different opinions.

Reactions: CaptainCaveman

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1718031680169635.jpg

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Carrick is a placeholder as Kane is not practicing but is playing. I expect Henrique to be center between Janmark and Brown and not playing LW with 29. The Henrique line was arguably our best line through 2 periods before KK stopped playing them in the 3rd so he could double down on the Stack Line.

Gagner and Ryan are both better options than a rookie with 7 games NHL experience and a rookie with no NHL experience who struggles at the AHL level. You dont f*** around with inexperience at this time of the year. You set rookies up for success, not failure and putting them on this stage with this spotlight you are getting at best an ineffective player and at worst a player who crumbles under the pressure of the moment.
If Carrick is just placeholding for Kane then that is unfortunate.

Draisaitl needs someone who can score on his line and Henrique is the only other top 6-level player.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Im impressed coach made the call and took Ceci out. I'm gonna be watching the game in my Ceci Game worn jersey and crying all night. Hopefully a win will silence my tears.

Im happy for Desi to get in the final. I like him as a player and he has been sitting a while now and should be ready to go

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Gagner will go to the net and score dirty greasy goals, something a lot of this team is unwilling to do so yeah let's count out that option. Just because you don't agree you should really not tell those that do to shut up, it's not a good look fella. We are all cheering for the same team here and believe it or not this is a fan board with a lot of different opinions.
Maybe people please be quite aboit ganger already? Does that make you feel better about yourself? Is that acceptable to you?

Appreciate you pointing out my wrong doings. Will try to be better for your sake

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Build off a solid game 1.

This team's top six needs to win more face-offs and begin play with the puck asserting their puck possession game versus chasing (McDavid 33% and Draisaitl 48%). Saw off those face-off draws will be important.

More meat into the line-up with Carrick and Desharnais. I really like a Janmark - Carrick - Brown line which can be a positive factor in this game and series. Expecting them to have Line 3 deployment responsibilities with McLeod Foegele not delivering much (but maybe their speed & forecheck offers a Line 4 mismatch). Henrique to 2W gives a solid shot, net front presence, and good passer to support Draisaitl. Hope to see more high danger shot opportunities for Draisaitl.

I'm ... hopefully ... hopefully ... hopeful that Desharnais will deliver a simple, effective structured d-partner to help Nurse reach the level this team needs from him. Those two can make it tough on Florida forwards if they can keep their decision making quick, efficient, and effective.

Surprised to hear speculation of Kulak's discomfort at RD as he was a good, stable veteran option with Nurse. Broberg has been a godsend for this team with his processor, poise, and toolsy game of transporting pucks and role outlet passes. Asking a lot for the inexperienced guy to deliver quality minutes on his off-side.

Kane stays in. Period. His physical, intimidation game is needed in this series and is still a player that can deliver big moment finishing. Have to get his volume shooting up with is a different layer to a team that is heavy puck possession based. Shooter mentality and guy who will get dirty in the trenches is still an important element.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I'm definitely interested to see how they look with no Ceci but they need to solve Bobrov somehow. Make it ugly I don't care, he's beatable let's hope he's feeling over confident.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Why is Foegele in though, what did he do in game 1 to play again? They were much better with him sitting as well.
Overskated the puck numerous times and gave it away multiple times per shift.

He is basically a Canadian Yakupov. Motor and no brain or hands to go with it. Never seen a guy overskate and lose the puck as much as him lol. Thank god he is a UFA

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I'm definitely interested to see how they look with no Ceci but they need to solve Bobrov somehow. Make it ugly I don't care, he's beatable let's hope he's feeling over confident.
They got a lot of chances, but they need to crash the net more and stand there. Stop taking too many perimeter shots. Crash the net make his life miserable

Have to score early so Bob is no longer in our heads. It's imperative we get out to a quick lead tonight.

Must win game.
Yeah. We have not scored a goal in 5 periods?

Reactions: Duke74 and elmeroil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad