SCF - Game 7: The Game of Fates, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
We are either going to see a "31 year Canada Curse" and "3-0 is insurmountable in the SCF" narratives shattered, or a franchise claw itself from the brink of utter annihilation. There has never been more at stake than there is tonight.

I would say yes, this is the biggest game in NHL history. It's to the point where (despite hating the Oilers 364 days a year), I wouldn't even be mad if they won, because you can't be mad. If you're a true fan of hockey, we are witnessing history in the making.

The game's best player being a part of it is what puts it over the edge IMO.

Reactions: Hoek and zar

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
If the Panthers lose they are still clearly a great team that's likely just suffered from burnout and injuries. Massive respect for what they've done this year. Nobody in the East could hang with them in a series.
They have a bit of 2011 Canucks vibes where they seemed to be the clear favourite and destined to win until they ran out of gas in the last 2-3 games.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Never thought i'd see the day Stephen A. Smith discusses hockey.

giphy.webp

Reactions: belair and zar

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
They have a bit of 2011 Canucks vibes where they seemed to be the clear favourite until they ran out of gas in the last 2-3 games.

There's simply no excuse for failing to win 1 out of your last 4 games when you get to this point. Unless your entire team comes down with malaria, hockey is such a game of bounces and chance that the odds are so ludicrously low of this happening.

Even if half your team is injured, you have to find a way to get it done.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Let's be honest, the Panthers game plan has been to play physical and finish every check and take chances and let Bob bail them out. Bob is the weakest goalie in the NHL and once again is mentally choking. So the Panthers are trying to help him playing tighter which is making it so they can't do anything.

Start Stolarz and win the cup tonight imo

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Let’s Go Panthers!!! I expect a lot of goals and some rats on the ice by the end of the game.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I really like the Panthers and will not rub it in at all if we win.

However, this would be amazing ammo for all the western conference posters that shit on the Oilers or McDavid.

PLEASE LORD GIVE ME THIS AMMO
I just have my fingers crossed after tonight we never have to hear that MCDrai will never win in Edmonton

• Love
Reactions: PuckG and Coffey

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I just have my fingers crossed after tonight we never have to hear that MCDrai will never win in Edmonton

I honestly thought it was impossible to win with Nurse and Campbell contracts. The roster is really mid on paper but they have come together for sure. And have the game breakers to win games

Reactions: WaitingForUser

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Does Maurice do more of the same? If Maurice's view is just execute better, than EDM can pull this off. If he actually makes a tactical or strategic change that EDM needs to figure out on the fly? I think FLA wins.

Based on history and personality, EDM wins because Maurice does Maurice. You may see 2 or 3 challenges by him, that will show EDM...
Have to think the two day break benefited Florida way more. They will make a key adjustment. Home crowd. Game 7. It would be stunning to see them come out and not play good hockey.

Bobrovski hasn't been great. But you just know Skinner is due for a bad game. Ditto Nurse/Ceci.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad