SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I had a post about this on BOH, and I appreciate the sentiment likely equal you do my previous story.

Old teams are hampered by previous management decisions that were bad and subsequent decisions are made on those past mistakes. If every team had no baggage, they’d do what Vegas has done.

The players selected aren’t the issue, which means the teams aren’t the issue.

I think expansions having the ability to draft mid level players just exposed how bad NHL management is in general once they got to win with mid level players.

We have a management problem in the NHL, and maybe in sports in general, but it’s not fun to think in-depth about concepts, so we’ll complain about expansion drafts and players. Maybe refs.
I agree with all of that, and none of it eases the pain. :laugh:

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
Vegas is on a completely different level than Florida. Much better depth and quality throughout the lineup, particularly on defense, is really coming through. Full credit to Florida for making it this far but this could be a short series.

Reactions: William H Bonney

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Pretty f***ing sad this is one of the better games of the playoffs.

Like top 3 easily.
Even if the games are a blowout on the scoreboard, they are still competitive and good to watch. That's why I was arguing with whoever that a-hole was earlier in the thread. Sure, it's a blowout but it's not without value.
I mean, it's not like one of those vomit-inducing Rangers-Devils round 1 blowouts.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If Florida doesn't reprioritize their approach this is over. They seem more interested in the bullshit antics, stirring shit up, and trying to win irrelevant ego battles rather than playing the game. That might work against some teams but it's clearly not working against Vegas. Drop the act and try to make it a series will ya?

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Thank f***ing god that Vegas is smacking the Panthers. I was going to lose it if I had to hear 4 months of “teams need to build like Florida” when their recipe for winning was opportunistic goal scoring in OT combined with near perfect goaltending.
Better than paying forwards all the cap money

If Florida doesn't reprioritize their approach this is over. They seem more interested in the bullshit antics, stirring shit up, and trying to win irrelevant ego battles rather than playing the game. That might work against some teams but it's clearly not working against Vegas. Drop the act and try to make it a series will ya?
They need to go back to what they did against Carolina and Toronto. Heavy forecheck and hitting anything that moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad