SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This is a game where it's felt like the Refs made it all about them. The conspiracy theorist in me says the NHL wants Vegas to win because this is the playoffs. Let them play.

I'm not taking anything away from the Panthers playing like Shit. They have a lot to clean up going into the next game. I just want that game evenly called, maybe slightly in favor of Florida.

• Haha
Reactions: stealth1 and Drakon

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Refs have their work cut out for sure but they’re also clowning it up big time

Reactions: dhfa

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Thank f***ing god that Vegas is smacking the Panthers. I was going to lose it if I had to hear 4 months of “teams need to build like Florida” when their recipe for winning was opportunistic goal scoring in OT combined with near perfect goaltending.

Reactions: Identity404

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
This is a game where it's felt like the Refs made it all about them. The conspiracy theorist in me says the NHL wants Vegas to win because this is the playoffs. Let them play.
This game could have been played 5 on 5 and it likely would have been the same result. Knights have outexecuted and outworked the Panthers thoroughly. No amount of shit officiating would have changed this oucome.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
That’s hilarious. If they beat Tampa, you’d say they beat a good team. If they beat the Rangers, you’d say they beat a good team. Those teams got bounced in the first round.

You don’t face bad teams in the Playoffs. Anybody can win.
I most certainly would not have said that about the Rangers. Gross

Reactions: Drakon

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Larry "Bud" Melman sighting?
Screenshot (1506).png

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Thank f***ing god that Vegas is smacking the Panthers. I was going to lose it if I had to hear 4 months of “teams need to build like Florida” when their recipe for winning was opportunistic goal scoring in OT combined with near perfect goaltending.
Everyone needs a hot goaltender like a Lundqvist.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
If you watched Hockey pre 2010, you'd think there was some crazy brawl that happened with how long they're taking to deal out penalties.

Reactions: GMR

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You're fans of a hockey team and no one needs to apologize for that. Nothing though can erase the frustration of Canucks and Sabres fans when we watch teams like VGK and the Kraken, immediately following admittance to the NHL, waltz straight into positions as prominent, powerhouse teams.
I had a post about this on BOH, and I appreciate the sentiment likely equal you do my previous story.

Old teams are hampered by previous management decisions that were bad and subsequent decisions are made on those past mistakes. If every team had no baggage, they’d do what Vegas has done.

The players selected aren’t the issue, which means the teams aren’t the issue.

I think expansions having the ability to draft mid level players just exposed how bad NHL management is in general once they got to win with mid level players.

We have a management problem in the NHL, and maybe in sports in general, but it’s not fun to think in-depth about concepts, so we’ll complain about expansion drafts and players. Maybe refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad