SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
The refs did? Or was it Tkachuk continuing to do stuff in the scrum that earned him the 10?
He looked at one of the refs wrong, and on top of that he didn't say "I'm sorry, sir" as he was instructed.
So you can see that it is obviously his fault

Edit: the NHL is becoming a morality play. Please make it stop

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Florida needs the refs to give them some leeway.
That too. I don't have a rooting interest in either of these 2 teams but the refereeing in these first 2 games leaves a lot of be desired.

I have this feeling the league told the refs to not let things go and to cut down on the scrums and after the whistle stuff. They look at this Finals as the time for the NHL to shine. Eliminating a lot of the extra curricular activities will draw more of the casual fans. I'm saying all this from a league stand point.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not remotely drawing any conclusions that this series is over. This win puts Florida in a tough spot but 2 days off is plenty of time to refocus and rethink their approach. I hope Vegas comes out ready to continue outworking Florida and letting them bait themselves into penalties. Vegas has definitely found a rhythm, approach, and mentality needed to lift the cup but they can't deviate. Game 2 is over and I'm already anxious about how they'll perform in game 3. Hope Vegas is hungry to win.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Wouldn't be surprised if people use that to discredit Vegas if they win the SC.

Again, making 3 goaltenders (looking like 4 now) that had really good years look subpar is a pretty big coincidence.
Oh I will use it for sure lol. And being 10M or whatever over the cap. And having your own special rules for suspension.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
That too. I don't have a rooting interest in either of these 2 teams but the refereeing in these first 2 games leaves a lot of be desired.

I have this feeling the league told the refs to not let things go and to cut down on the scrums and after the whistle stuff. They look at this Finals as the time for the NHL to shine. Eliminating a lot of the extra curricular activities will draw more of the casual fans. I'm saying all this from a league stand point.
I disagree. Throwing players out for showing a hint of passion has to be boring as hell for casual fans.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Thank f***ing god that Vegas is smacking the Panthers. I was going to lose it if I had to hear 4 months of “teams need to build like Florida” when their recipe for winning was opportunistic goal scoring in OT combined with near perfect goaltending.
But Vegas is built like Florida on steroids. Big bruising dmen who can skate well and forwards who are relentless on the forecheck.

If this is your roundabout way of saying the Leafs are close to the Cup, they’re not. Vegas would absolutely curb stomp them.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Not remotely drawing any conclusions that this series is over. This win puts Florida in a tough spot but 2 days off is plenty of time to refocus and rethink their approach. I hope Vegas comes out ready to continue outworking Florida and letting them bait themselves into penalties. Vegas has definitely found a rhythm, approach, and mentality needed to lift the cup but they can't deviate. Game 2 is over and I'm already anxious about how they'll perform in game 3. Hope Vegas is hungry to win.
must be nice to be anxious

i was anxious going into this game but now i watched my favorite team get murdered and their corpse paraded around the vegas strip, im in the mourning phase

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Complete ass kicking. That will be tough to come back from. Florida gonna need Bobrovsky to go full Hasek the rest of the series
I’m glad the stomping was complete. Let that shit burn all the way back cross country to Ft Lauderdale. And then come out and show something game 3. Hopefully they leave this December version of Panthers hockey buried in the desert somewhere

Bond

May 10, 2012
This is frustrated Tkachuk. Did the same stuff in the Oilers series last year. Maybe he’ll calm down the rest of the series and focus on the win

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
But Vegas is built like Florida on steroids. Big bruising dmen who can skate well and forwards who are relentless on the forecheck.

If this is your roundabout way of saying the Leafs are close to the Cup, they’re not. Vegas would absolutely curb stomp them.

Vegas is the best team for sure, but Toronto would do better than Florida did against them. Florida without Bob playing out of his mind is not in the Stanley Cup finals to begin with

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada

My guess is that Game 3 will be very different in tactics, and Florida will try to beat Vegas with speed and better defense, and leave the antics in the locker room. Whether they can pull that off will be interesting.

And I'm also awaiting for that one game where Vegas lays an egg of brontosaurus proportions (you know they will at some point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad