SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Everything stemmed from that hit. He didn’t fight anyone? He pushed a few guys.

If you’re calling 10 on Tkachuk, why not call 10 on the two Golden Knights that went right after him immediately?

They did give 10 to Barbashev.

B6250044-708F-4D70-9E23-CAC935DFABA2.jpeg

I’m not saying this is the perfect amount of PIM or something but he got 2+10 for Roughing on Barbashev. And Barbashev also got 2+10.

That’s what happened. Tkachuk wasn’t penalized for the hit.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So anyway, this game still isn't over yet. That intermission buzzer felt like the end to me.

Excited to see what kind of shenanigans develop here with Florida trying to get their team fired up and make a statement for next game. Vegas probably riled up and out for blood after their star player got jacked up (clean hit or not).

Either refs are going to have their work cut out for them, or the Panthers are probably toast in the series.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They did give 10 Barbashev.

View attachment 715454

I’m not saying this is the perfect amount of PIM or something but he got 2+10 for Roughing on Barbashev. And Barbashev also got 2+10.

I never once said he was penalized for the hit. I’m saying that everything stemmed FROM the hit.

He laid a hard, legal hit, got jumped, pushed a guy or two and he gets 2 for roughing and a 10 despite two guys going right after him.

You said he got 10 for fighting after. He didn’t fight. He did practically nothing. That’s what I’m saying.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
This is a silly way to read how charging is called in today's NHL. Charging is almost never called unless there is an upward acceleration or launching into the hit. Tkachuk doesn't do this and instead skates in the same plane driving through the shoulder of Eichel. It's as clean a hit as has ever been landed in the playoffs imo.

To even insinuate it's charging is silly given what counts as charging in the playoffs. Hell, #8 in WSH made a career of charging people with no calls.
So in your unbiased opinion it is so totally not charging that even saying it is ”pretty close” to charging is just not applicable at all?
It kind of looked like a charge to me. Nbd.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
There is simply no way that a player is responsible for bad stuff happening. Eichel did a weird thing and put himself in a bad position. It doesn't matter why Eichel did what he did. What matters is that Tkachuk is not in any way liable for that weird occurance.
He went to hit. Eichel fell into him.

And Eichel is okay and back out there.
Good to see he is fine.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
They did give 10 Barbashev.

View attachment 715454

Well he was penalized for the hit. Refs did not want Tkachuk to hit the ice again that period. Let's be real, they hid behind some made up call.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad