SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22 The Maestro

Serving 2, 5, and 10
Apr 18, 2018
I don't know why some people are having a hard time figuring this out. The hit was clean; the penalties were given for the scrum afterward because it's 4-0 and the refs are trying to keep the genie in the bottle.
No, we get it. It's just shitty to make it even after a clean hit.

Reactions: dhfa

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
You’re incorrect. It wasn’t charging. Like at all.
Charging is the action where a player takes more than two strides or travels an excessive distance to accelerate through a body check for the purpose of punishing the opponent. This includes skating or leaving one’s feet (jumping) into the opponent to deliver a check, accelerating through a check for the purpose of punishing the opponent, or skating a great distance for the purpose of delivering a check with excessive force.”

He took more than 2 strides towards Eichel and then body checked him.

• Haha
Reactions: 22 The Maestro

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
No idea how Tkachuk ends up with a misconduct out of that. I'm rooting for Vegas to lose even though I picked them to win the series but damn, it'd be nice for Florida to show up to make it entertaining.

Reactions: Fearnot

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Several guys went after him and he was standing up for himself. If you give Tkachuk 10, you should give out 3 or 4 more 10’s.

Officials have been managing this tinderbox all night, not surprised they found a reason to sit him out after that series of events.

Problem I have with that is a big hit like that can energize your team. They took momentum away from Florida.

Reactions: stealth1

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
When a player like Tkachuk or Trouba comes at you like that I think you should bail and try to take them out at the knees with your body. Absolutely kill them like they were trying to kill you.
And get 5 + a game (and possibly more) for kneeing or clipping. Great idea.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Several guys went after him and he was standing up for himself. If you give Tkachuk 10, you should give out 3 or 4 more 10’s.

That’s the issue with having a well earned reputation as being a shit disturber. You get zero benefit of the doubt. I say that as a long time Ducks fan, and knowing that’s how it works for that type of player. His behavior 48 hours ago certainly didn’t help.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
But it all came from that hit. Tkachuk didn’t even do anything…

I don’t know what “it all came from that hit” means, it doesn’t say MT was given a penalty for the hit.

People were saying he was penalized for the hit itself but he wasn’t.

He got a misconduct for the fighting afterwards.

I don’t know what the exactly happened between him and Barbashev.

They drag the refs out to make comments on more obvious stuff but not this mess.

I’m not sure why they don’t explain this for everyone considering that many people think the hit got the penalty. That‘s not what the call was though.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Since when is that against the rules?

There wasn’t a single thing even remotely dirty about that hit. Just because you’re going to lose the game doesn’t mean you lose the ability to throw a big, clean hit.
???

I never said you did. You seem to be reading something into my post I did not say or imply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad