SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
what if someone puts huge bet on the panthers now and they actually end up winning the game. whats the payout for the odds now?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
There's a shitbag rat in Boston you may like. Used to lowbridge people looking to hit him all the time. Did it once to one of the kindest humans on the planet causing a head injury too. FOH with this mentality.
He can't help it he's short.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don’t know what “it all came from that hit” means, it doesn’t say MT was given a penalty for the hit.

People were saying he was penalized for the hit itself but he wasn’t.

He got a misconduct for the fighting afterwards.

I don’t know what the exactly happened between him and Barbashev.

They drag the refs out to make comments on more obvious stuff but not this mess.

I’m not sure why they don’t explain this for everyone considering that many people think the hit got the penalty. That‘s not what the call was though.
Everything stemmed from that hit. He didn’t fight anyone? He pushed a few guys.

If you’re calling 10 on Tkachuk, why not call 10 on the two Golden Knights that went right after him immediately?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don't know why some people are having a hard time figuring this out. The hit was clean; the penalties were given for the scrum afterward because it's 4-0 and the refs are trying to keep the genie in the bottle.
That's stupid though, you have to deserve a 10 minute misconduct, this game management bullshit is just ridiculous.

Just like how a team who takes the first 2 or 3 penalties of a game and is losing has like a 80% chance of getting the next powerplay

toothlessgoon

Apr 18, 2020
Bobrovsky back to his choking ways. The Panthers sweeping the conference finals was a mistake. It ruined Bobrovsky's momentum and allowed him to get into his own head.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not sure it was a "trip" more than it was him locking up and trying to bail as best he could because he saw the truck coming at the very last second.

Yeah. I wouldn't say Eichel "tripped". It really was just like a weird deer in headlights decision at the last second. He sorta just blanked for a second and ended up kind of going head/shoulder first into the oncoming big hit like a missile that fizzled on launch.

Clearly not a good decision. But really more of an unfortunate panic reaction than a "decision" tbh.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Looked like charging to me but pretty close. It was a dangerous hit with steps and acceleration involved.
This is a silly way to read how charging is called in today's NHL. Charging is almost never called unless there is an upward acceleration or launching into the hit. Tkachuk doesn't do this and instead skates in the same plane driving through the shoulder of Eichel. It's as clean a hit as has ever been landed in the playoffs imo.

To even insinuate it's charging is silly given what counts as charging in the playoffs. Hell, #8 in WSH made a career of charging people with no calls.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
That’s the issue with having a well earned reputation as being a shit disturber. You get zero benefit of the doubt. I say that as a long time Ducks fan, and knowing that’s how it works for that type of player. His behavior 48 hours ago certainly didn’t help.
x4WvEcz.gif

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Misconducts are the calls we have the least amount of insight into as fans. You can't analyze them the way you do a regular penalty. It won't stop everyone but at least stop pretending like you know why it was assessed.

Reactions: theVladiator

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
I can only watch the highlights right now. No TV. How is the game flow? Is Vegas dominating as much as the score would suggest?

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
yea, thats just not a good time to even things up IMHO, clean hit.
also, nothing wrong when Hill whacked him for being a turd in the net, he deserved that.

refs, step out of this and let the teams play unless it's getting crazy- look at the score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad