SCF Game 1: Matthew Tkachuk Friendship Tour: Coming soon to an arena near you!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
4-1 for Florida.

Panthers will score 2 in the first 10 minutes. One of the goals will be stoppable. Nurse/Ceci will definitely be on the ice for one of the goals.

We will see Pickard by game 3 imo.
I keep thinking back to how Skinner played in that Dallas series.

Half that Dallas team had to have been hurt. When Duchene was interviewed following the avalanche series, he kept saying how he 'wanted to win for those guys' as if those guys couldn't win now that they aren't healthy.

Either way, Dallas played terrible in that series offensively. Absolutely putrid offense. I dare someone to find a good series of saves that Skinner had in those clutch games. He barely had to do anything, and once Oilers got the lead they were protecting Skinner like he was the President. They knew he was capable of laying an egg.

I have no faith in Skinner. Dallas didn't test him. He did well to close out the Nucks series. I am unsure how he will do on the biggest stage of them all. Maybe he surprises me.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I’m so sick of hearing how physical the panthers are. Do they forget that the oilers are physical too ?

IMG_1793.jpeg
IMG_1792.jpeg

JimmyH

May 19, 2018
Texas
Does anyone here know, or have a pretty confident idea of, when the puck is actually set to drop for game one tonight?
Yes I was privately told the exact time. All I can say is that they're introducing some new digital trickery for the broadcast. Basically like the artificial blur that became popular across leagues in 2021. You saw it on faceoffs during the playoffs that year. Expect a delay.

Reactions: Summer Rose

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
It should only take 45 minutes to introduce the players and coaches, play the anthems, a minute of silence for WWII, and then another 45 minutes to repair the ice that melted. So the game should start by 9:30 EDT.
It's in the US so I am assuming they will have some sort of military long thing in there as well

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I keep thinking back to how Skinner played in that Dallas series.

Half that Dallas team had to have been hurt. When Duchene was interviewed following the avalanche series, he kept saying how he 'wanted to win for those guys' as if those guys couldn't win now that they aren't healthy.

Either way, Dallas played terrible in that series offensively. Absolutely putrid offense. I dare someone to find a good series of saves that Skinner had in those clutch games. He barely had to do anything, and once Oilers got the lead they were protecting Skinner like he was the President. They knew he was capable of laying an egg.

I have no faith in Skinner. Dallas didn't test him. He did well to close out the Nucks series. I am unsure how he will do on the biggest stage of them all. Maybe he surprises me.
I don't think he will have a long leash. If he were to struggle in both games, Pickard starts game 3 imo. Can't afford to give him time to get his game back.

If he plays well, regardless of an Edm win or loss in this series, I think he is the starter next season. If he struggles, I think Edmonton does everything possible to get a new starter for next season.

Edmonton won't win this series by outscoring their issues unless BOB is wretched or there's an injury that puts him out.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
It should only take 45 minutes to introduce the players and coaches, play the anthems, a minute of silence for WWII, and then another 45 minutes to repair the ice that melted. So the game should start by 9:30 EDT.
Hey, each series takes on a life of their own, and this is the finals. I am sure we can get a more drawn out game 1 introduction, can I get a 2018 Vegas intro? That would be putting us at 10 EDT, but it would be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad