SCF Game 1: Matthew Tkachuk Friendship Tour: Coming soon to an arena near you!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Man the whining in here about such silly stuff.

Just discuss the actual hockey part of the series and enjoy the game.

The rest is just childish nonsense.
Agreed.
Regardless if it actually happens, McDavid will whine about the reffing at some point in the series. It's guaranteed. And Oilers fans will subsequently complain about a conspiracy.

I'm just putting that pre-emptive bug in their heads.
Once again, there is no need to put that round 2 garbage in this series.

Canucks/Rick Tochett isn’t running press conferences at this time of year.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Once again, there is no need to put that round 2 garbage in this series.

Canucks/Rick Tochett isn’t running press conferences at this time of year.
Just trying to keep the rivalry running hot, my dude.

You guys would be doing the same thing in these threads if the Canucks beat the Oilers in 7 instead.

Good luck tonight. You're going to need it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Knoblauch not getting enough credit IMO. All he's done is push all the right buttons for Edmonton. Hasn't flinched when the chips are down and has made some controversial moves that wouldve invited ridicule had they not worked out

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
ITS PRIME TIME BABY, LETS EFFING GOOOO

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

c2539c2558f8f0c4a09529ce80824896.gif
Draisaitl-to-Kane.gif

And lmao at this thread being a Flames meme being used by a Flames fan for a Florida thread

we don’t care about the game day thread op.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Knoblauch not getting enough credit IMO. All he's done is push all the right buttons for Edmonton. Hasn't flinched when the chips are down and has made some controversial moves that wouldve invited ridicule had they not worked out
Great point. When he went with Skinner in game 6 versus the Nucks with the season on the line all i did was kill him all day. Then Skinner went out and performed well and they got an important win and here we are now.

Guess he(Knoblauch) knows what he is doing after all.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Im sure this has been posted but if not, I thought this was very touching. Sometimes fans get so caught up going after one another and players that they forget the human element of sports.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Hoping for a Florida series win.

I've gone pretty hard against the oilers online, and I think it's for justifiable reasons. I'm going to ignore fan behavior at the watch parties where dozens of fist fights have broken out and other mindless violence and throwing of beer bottles. I'm going to stick with a hockey argument.

I don't like or respect a team that sucked so bad and was run so incompetently for so long that they wound up ruining several 1st round selections, and, more than 1st overall pick. The league literally changed the draft rules and created the draft lottery, because of the teams unhinged incompetence. The oilers should have been relegated, English soccer style, but instead the league made a draft lottery because of them. And then when Buffalo should have drafted McDavid, the oilers swooped in and won the draft lottery. It's almost laughable.

Ignoring the owner, his lawsuits involving charity, Kane, Penner and whatever that was. Ignoring people like MacTavish and Lowe, just based on hockey karma, this Panthers team needs to what needs to be done and dispatch this ill-conceived team.

Go Panthers.
None of the things you mentioned are exclusive to the Oilers. Many teams have had scandals, riots, fights, or presented 1st overalls. I hope you’ll be able to handle a 6th Oiler cup if it happens. :naughty:

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Im sure this has been posted but if not, I thought this was very touching. Sometimes fans get so caught up going after one another and players that they forget the human element of sports.

first time i saw it! got chills!

'Thinking of you being 18 years old, drafted by Edmonton, moving here all alone, standing on the ice and looking up at all those banners, wondering when your stanley cup is going to be'

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Well you just brought this aspect up now. All I said was that Florida came out flat in after their long layoff against the Bruins. You seemed to want to deny that. McDavid and the Oilers came out banging after their long layoff against the kings. I still predicted a Florida win in that original post too.
I stated originally about Boston coming in hot after FL what for a week. I thought the aspect was clearly brought up right then. Sorry you missed the connection

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
I stated originally about Boston coming in hot after FL what for a week. I thought the aspect was clearly brought up right then. Sorry you missed the connection
Yeah but you stated it in an attempt to dismiss the fact that Florida didn't come back from the long layoff well. I am glad you have accepted the very simple point I made about Florida coming back from the layoff a little flat.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Yeah but you stated it in an attempt to dismiss the fact that Florida didn't come back from the long layoff well. I am glad you have accepted the very simple point I made about Florida coming back from the layoff a little flat.
I never said they didn’t come out flat vs Boston, I said that Boston coming in on a roll magnified the situation.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
I never said they didn’t come out flat vs Boston, I said that Boston coming in on a roll magnified the situation.
You actually said neither of these things, and instead just pointed out that Edmonton is coming off a long layoff too. Then I pointed out that Edmonton is coming off a long layoff, but they usually come off long layoffs and start hot. Similar to how Boston started against Florida. But then you said 'nuh uh', and here we are.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
You actually said neither of these things, and instead just pointed out that Edmonton is coming off a long layoff too. Then I pointed out that Edmonton is coming off a long layoff, but they usually come off long layoffs and start hot. Similar to how Boston started against Florida. But then you said 'nuh uh', and here we are.
I said it wasn’t exactly the same because Edmonton has also had a week off, unlike the Bs who came in on a roll from eliminating The Leafs with little rest, while FL had been sitting for a week. Go read it all again, maybe.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
I said it wasn’t exactly the same because Edmonton has also had a week off, unlike the Bs who came in on a roll from eliminating The Leafs with little rest, while FL had been sitting for a week. Go read it all again, maybe.
You seem to be missing the point. I never said it was exactly the same. It also doesn't matter why Boston came in hot, or why the Oilers are projected to come in hot. The point is that if the Oilers come in hot like they did last layoff, then it will present a very similar situation that Florida was in versus Boston.

I also predicted the Panthers to regain footing after a slow start and win the game. I can't for the life of me understand why you want to talk about how this series isn't starting out exactly the same as the Boston series, a point that was never brought up by me, but if you want to scream into the void about it then that is fine, I am trying to have fun and chat about hockey, not fight over semantics.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Here we are indeed. I feel like I need some asprin!

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
You implied that it was going to be a big factor because Oilers come off breaks hot, and the Panthers really struggled. I said FL slow start was magnified by the fact that Boston came in on a hot roll. You took it from there. :dunno:

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
You implied that it was going to be a big factor because Oilers come off breaks hot, and the Panthers really struggled. I said FL slow start was magnified by the fact that Boston came in on a hot roll. You took it from there. :dunno:
Hey fair enough, lets call it here. Classic misunderstanding. We have 82 mins until puck drop and I am salivating so I don't mean to try and bite your head off. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad