SCF Game 1: Matthew Tkachuk Friendship Tour: Coming soon to an arena near you!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
DONT LMAO ME
200w.gif

Reactions: Summer Rose

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Oilers are going to experience that "Being a Canadian team against an American team with Colin Campbell's son" reffing tonight.

It's well deserved after Oilers fans cheered against the Canucks in 2011.

It's going to be delicious.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Oilers are going to experience that "Being a Canadian team against an American team with Colin Campbell's son" reffing tonight.

So very bizarre.

Petey O

Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Leave your conspiracy/ref/whining crap back in round 2. We’re looking for a hard scrapped, fair series here.
No amount of Davie diving is going to tilt the balance back the Oilers way when it comes to the reffing.

The Panthers aren't the Canucks, where he will get away with it.

Watch and weep.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

That was a flimsy excuse in 2011 and it’s just as flimsy in 2024. Of all the things that could happen, this one is pretty low on the list of things to worry about.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Is it so hard to see that any rust they had may have been exacerbated by the Bruins coming in on a roll from beating the Leafs?
Well you just brought this aspect up now. All I said was that Florida came out flat in after their long layoff against the Bruins. You seemed to want to deny that. McDavid and the Oilers came out banging after their long layoff against the kings. I still predicted a Florida win in that original post too.

Petey O

Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
That was a flimsy excuse in 2011 and it’s just as flimsy in 2024. Of all the things that could happen, this one is pretty low on the list of things to worry about.
Regardless if it actually happens, McDavid will whine about the reffing at some point in the series. It's guaranteed. And Oilers fans will subsequently complain about a conspiracy.

I'm just putting that pre-emptive bug in their heads.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
It will take a period at most for the "rust" to shake off. It's the Stanley Cup Finals with a team that feels it has unfinished business
BOB got lit up in the 2nd period after their long layoff. I appreciate your prediction though, that is all I was doing myself.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Regardless if it actually happens, McDavid will whine about the reffing at some point in the series. It's guaranteed. And Oilers fans will subsequently complain about a conspiracy.

He has every series that won’t change, it’s just ingrained into how he plays. But it doesn’t relate to 2011 or Campbell

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
He has every series that won’t change, it’s just ingrained into how he plays. But it doesn’t relate to 2011 or Campbell
He also draws more penalties than almost every other player in the league, and that is with a lot of stuff being let go against him. Just ingrained in how he plays, which is thinking and playing faster than everyone else on the ice. Guess that just comes with being the best player in the world though.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com

Cats overwork the refs every game and use that to their advantage, it's part of their strategy.

Petey O

Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Hey, when Cody Ceci throws a big, clean open ice hit against Sam Reinhart during game 3 with the Oilers up 2-0 that knocks Reinhart out of the series, and Cody Ceci gets ejected and suspended for 4 games leading to a heartbreaking Oilers loss in game 7, I can say atodaso.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Hoping for a Florida series win.

I've gone pretty hard against the oilers online, and I think it's for justifiable reasons. I'm going to ignore fan behavior at the watch parties where dozens of fist fights have broken out and other mindless violence and throwing of beer bottles. I'm going to stick with a hockey argument.

I don't like or respect a team that sucked so bad and was run so incompetently for so long that they wound up ruining several 1st round selections, and, more than 1st overall pick. The league literally changed the draft rules and created the draft lottery, because of the teams unhinged incompetence. The oilers should have been relegated, English soccer style, but instead the league made a draft lottery because of them. And then when Buffalo should have drafted McDavid, the oilers swooped in and won the draft lottery. It's almost laughable.

Ignoring the owner, his lawsuits involving charity, Kane, Penner and whatever that was. Ignoring people like MacTavish and Lowe, just based on hockey karma, this Panthers team needs to what needs to be done and dispatch this ill-conceived team.

Go Panthers.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

What a travesty that any team in these playoffs needs to even consider the Colin Campbell corruption factor. His favorite son has been getting favors from Daddy ever since he entered the League. No doubt that continues here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad